Power window parts needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 12:35 PM
Seismic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power window parts needed.

One day while driving my passenger window decided not to go up any longer. To my dismay, it decided to go all the way down... and a thunderstorm was a-brewin'...

The little white plastic clip that engages the "lump" on the power window wire was broken.

Has anyone replaced this part with out buying an entire power window regulator assembly? That's what Lexus of MN wants to sell me (the closest Lexus dealer to me). Also, does anyone know where I could get this clip or the assembly, if absolutely necessary, without buying it from Lexus? I'm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so there aren't many cars like mine around (only have seen one other), and NONE in the junk yard.

If someone has one to sell me, contact me, or leave your contact info in your post! My baby doesn't look so hot with tape holding up the window...

I'm also looking for the trim piece around the window glass in the color Lexus calls "greige" and the interior piece that is just aft of the window; the seatbelt anchor is in the middle of this piece.

Help is apriciated!
Old 10-03-03, 12:45 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=95303

and

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

No, you cannot buy the part. you must buy the entire regulator, but if you do a search, which you would have found extremely helpful, you'll find something very interesting

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-03-03 at 12:48 PM.