Pre-wired 2JZ-GTE to SC300 Harness..

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 02:04 PM
kmn5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any timeline on the harness, or approx cost?
Old 10-29-03, 03:55 PM
islandkemo
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up wiring

The 2jz would be nice, but the 1jzgtte would be a better swap. First, since that motor comes stock from the factory and two, because it is a much more tune-able motor.
Old 10-29-03, 05:18 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: wiring

Originally posted by islandkemo
The 2jz would be nice, but the 1jzgtte would be a better swap. First, since that motor comes stock from the factory and two, because it is a much more tune-able motor.
By all means, 1JZ is not more tune-able motor than 2JZ.

Chris
Old 10-29-03, 05:48 PM
islandkemo
Driver School Candidate

Talking 1jz rules

You have got to be kidding. The 1jz, is way more tune-able, plus it rev much quicker. You only know about the 2jz here in the US, but the 1jz is a much more popular motor in japan, etc...
Old 10-29-03, 06:08 PM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: 1jz rules

You have got to be kidding. The 1jz, is way more tune-able, plus it rev much quicker. You only know about the 2jz here in the US, but the 1jz is a much more popular motor in japan, etc...
The limitations of the motor are much greater than 2JZ. The motor is simply more available in Japan than it is in US; therefor, performance is not an issue here. Infact some people swap 2JZ-GTE motor into the Soarer. I can find you some actual proof if you wish. Articles, owners reviews, etc etc.

Chris

PS. I know it revs higher, but for power isn't not better than 2JZ.

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 10-29-03 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-29-03, 11:22 PM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry about the replies guys I have been SOOOOOO busy I am trying to start a car lot and it is taking all my time! Wow I didn't think there would be such a demend like this! I have talked to the mods about the situation and don't want to get in trouble. Since this would be more like a service then 1 single good, it falls into their hands if I can do this on CL. I guess if not I will have to do my own site that will allow people to send me their supra, and lexus harness for the work done off of CL.

Hope this can get worked out and I can wire some harness's up. As for priceing I am not completely sure what the labor would be worth yet.

As soon as the mods figure out what to do I will let everyone know!!

Thanks

-Tony
Old 10-30-03, 06:02 AM
genyosai
Driver

Hey. I need one RIGHT NOW!!! How much?? I have everything necessary for my swap and was taking time off in December to do the work. I'd make the harness myself since I have a 2jz-gte harness already. But if you have one on hand already and the price is right, I'll just buy yours. This keeps me from having to get my GE motor and harness out first in order to use the connectors from the GE harness.

I have some questions about your harness, however.

Will the cruise still work?
Will the tach signal converter already be in place, ,or do I need to add that?
Will the VSV be hard-wired in already since the Supra harness has no such connector?
Will a larger guage wire already be added to support power to the fuel pump since the Supra harness has a smaller guage due to the pump relay it uses (SC has no such relay)?
Finally, there's another connector that needs some rewiring (connector EB2 I believe). Will that be done as well? I think it has something to do with the climate control... can't remember off hand.

Actually there are some other questions, but I don't have my diagrams in front of me, so I guess the bottom line question is... will the car still sport all current creature-features :-) Also will necessary by-passes be made, such as larger guage wire where needed, etc.?

Let me kow ASAP. Give me a price and an average turn around time. I'm not yanking your chain here... I'm serious. I'm ready NOW!

For spec-sake... I'm mating this motor to my R154 (1JZ) tranny... just in case you need to know. I have the JUN 1JZ flywheel, and my bellhousing is the proper one as well.

Thanks,

Last edited by genyosai; 10-30-03 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-30-03, 12:00 PM
islandkemo
Driver School Candidate

Default 1jz

If you plan to go for HP i agree, but that is only if you need more than 800 hp. Then you may want to go with the 2jz, since it is a bigger motor. Just what everyone needs right a 800+ hp drag street racer. That's ok I'll stick with the 1jz and have a real streetable vehicle.
Old 10-30-03, 01:08 PM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: 1jz

If you plan to go for HP i agree, but that is only if you need more than 800 hp. Then you may want to go with the 2jz, since it is a bigger motor. Just what everyone needs right a 800+ hp drag street racer. That's ok I'll stick with the 1jz and have a real streetable vehicle.
Well, I guess you're sticking to your opinion. That's fine.

Chris
Old 10-30-03, 06:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

hey guy's let's keep the discussion in the forums. most especially since this is off topic. k?

thanks
Old 11-09-03, 01:23 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Consider this another indication of interest. Early next year, need more info from you as details emerge.
Hey, genyosai, thanks for posting those questions, obviously there is much to consider.