SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Surprising Part Source

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM
bobster99
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Surprising Part Source

So I started having a random idle problem on my 02 SC and I chased it down to a vacuum hose that split under the engine cover. It turned out that the idle up hose No.3 had turned to rock and split at the top of the intake.

At the time I seriously considered getting a union and replacing the split section of the hose but I figured I should quit being so cheap and buy a new OEM hose. I mean how much can they get for a simple vacuum hose?

Needless to say, I was shocked when I was seeing prices north of $65 for this part. It is just a simple pre bent vacuum hose

I started searching the web and I found that of all places, Amazon offers some OEM Parts and they were around $20 less than the best price I could find anywhere and it included free shipping.

It wasn't stocked in the states but a company in Japan, Japan Fast, Fed Ex'd it from Japan and it came in in about 5 days.

In case your wondering, the hose is a Toyota 17343-50070 and it is a pain to change. You have to pull the air box and then you will find that the the Idle up valve is like and inch and a half from the frame rail. It took be like an hour and a half and every stupid hose tool that I had just to change this one hose.

In hindsight, I probably should have just installed a union and a short section of new hose. :-p

Old Today, 06:55 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 342 Posts

bobester

MegaZip - Genuine OEM Parts From Japan, USA, UAE | Online Store

Is also a very good source of OEM parts.

Dennis
Old Today, 09:06 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by bobster99
So I started having a random idle problem on my 02 SC and I chased it down to a vacuum hose that split under the engine cover. It turned out that the idle up hose No.3 had turned to rock and split at the top of the intake.

At the time I seriously considered getting a union and replacing the split section of the hose but I figured I should quit being so cheap and buy a new OEM hose. I mean how much can they get for a simple vacuum hose?

Needless to say, I was shocked when I was seeing prices north of $65 for this part. It is just a simple pre bent vacuum hose

I started searching the web and I found that of all places, Amazon offers some OEM Parts and they were around $20 less than the best price I could find anywhere and it included free shipping.

It wasn't stocked in the states but a company in Japan, Japan Fast, Fed Ex'd it from Japan and it came in in about 5 days.

In case your wondering, the hose is a Toyota 17343-50070 and it is a pain to change. You have to pull the air box and then you will find that the the Idle up valve is like and inch and a half from the frame rail. It took be like an hour and a half and every stupid hose tool that I had just to change this one hose.

In hindsight, I probably should have just installed a union and a short section of new hose. :-p
replace all of them, if you find one, you will have more.
I just used hoses from Amazon and they held up fine…of course OEM is always best