SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftermarket REAR SEAT cover/shelf for DOG (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 05:38 PM
bsjoiner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of everything-proof seat covers for my lx470. They are totally custom fit and cover everything (seat, headrest, armrest) but still allow all of the things in the car to work normally. There are many colors to choose from and they were only $135 for the front two seats. I got mine from griotsgarage.com. Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-04, 07:25 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

ATTN: "squarehat" and "bsjoiner".

While I welcome more responses to this thread, my thanks to both of you. I just sent an E-mail to Steve Ganz ("SupraTRD") c/o Carson Toyota-Parts.

As long as the used, but virtually new seat covers are a custom fit for the SC 430, front and/or rear, I have no objection to the color black at a bargain price.

I live in Chicago if any forum contacts are local.

Any more HELP out there, guys?
Old 02-19-04, 12:35 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

This thread is now covered under my more recent thread entitled "HELP! Dog-proofing ECRU seats???"

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-19-04 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-20-04, 10:17 AM
cpdfop7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CoverKing (www.coverking.com) makes CUSTOM-fit NEOPRENE ("wet suit" material) which would resolve your waterproofing problem. Maintenance and preservation of UNCOVERED white or ecru leather seats is a major problem even without factoring a DOG into the equation. (I love dogs...but...)

I'd be very interested in learning about the "cruising shelf" for the rear of the SC430. Please keep us informed if this item is available via Japan.
Old 02-22-04, 02:37 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

I replied with this info once on your other post, but don't know if you saw it. Look at www.autosportcatalog.com. They have rear seat covers for most vehicles. I haven't called them yet, but I will be needing some soon for my SC. Everything I've bought from there has been good quality. Just FYI.
Old 02-22-04, 03:32 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Thanks, cpdfop7 and Doc C!

I was able to locate the "Pet Pad for Bench Seat" ($60), the "Pet Traveler" hammock ($89) and the "Canine Cover" ($299). I'm still open for other suggestions. I'm particularly interested to hear back from Steve Ganz AKA "SupraTRD" at Carson Toyota-Parts about the custom fitted "cruising shelf" for the SC, apparently only marketed in Japan.

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-22-04 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-22-04, 09:33 PM
Phu
Pole Position

Let me know what you find out about the cruising shelf, I remember seeing a picture of it and it looks very good for some extra covered storage.
Old 02-23-04, 08:38 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

Initial reply from Steve at Carson Toyota-Parts. (Japanese) "cruising shelf" for SC 430 is available for (Are you sitting down?) $947 f***ing bucks! I will alert forum as more info comes in. Please keep your advice/suggestions coming in, guys!
Old 03-30-08, 07:58 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Default Gone To The Dogs?

OK - With Spring coming I want to drive my SC everywhere including activities with my 2 dogs- Wheaten Terrier and Field Spaniel (medium sized dogs). The Wheaten rides fine on a cushion on the passanger seat but the Field Spaniel is used to riding in a crate. I tried to downsize to a soft crate but it won't fit in the SC back seat - dahhhh!! So now I am considering one of those "hammock" protectors for dogs for the entire back seat area and using a car harness that allows for the seat belt to slip through (so he won't leap out with top down)!!

Any dog people out there that have any dog/crate solutions for your SC - to protect interior? My Field Spaniel obviously fits into the back seat but I can't find a crate that will hold a 40lb. dog to fit. The problem is that outside of a crate he tends to slim things with his flews and my 2004 SC PB has Ecru interior that I don't want slimed!! So looking for any help/solution so I can take my dogs in my SC without an interior disaster!
Rustito
Old 04-03-08, 01:00 PM
whokiid
Driver

i can understand your love for you dogs, as i love my dogs as well.

but i just cant get myself to shove my dogs in the sc. too small. i would really consider using a different car if they have to go with you.
Old 04-04-08, 09:16 AM
johnnyreno
Driver

Originally Posted by whokiid
i can understand your love for you dogs, as i love my dogs as well.

but i just cant get myself to shove my dogs in the sc. too small. i would really consider using a different car if they have to go with you.
you should prolly let the dogs have their own life they will be there when you get home
Old 04-04-08, 09:30 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to fit a Great Dane into the back of a Camry. That was fun. I found that the best way for me to keep the Dane in the back seat was a dog seat belt. They sell them at Petco. Its a harness that buckles into the seat belt and kept him laying or sitting down and not jumping around. It worked really well for me until he got to big to even fit in the car.

-Regan
Old 04-04-08, 10:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Some ideas here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109581

Not sc430 but interesting products discussed
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269465
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213311
Old 11-29-10, 04:37 PM
ceeps
Driver School Candidate

Default Dog cover for back seat?

Is there a custom fit rear seat pet cover for the back seats? Just got my first SC 430 and want to protect leather from Schnauzer claws. Thanks in advance and Lord bless.
Old 11-30-10, 06:03 AM
tfischer

Received 216 Likes on 160 Posts

I don't think so.
Wouldn't it be easier to put socks on the dog?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket REAR SEAT cover/shelf for DOG (Merged)