Power tuning SC-430 - need advise

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-04, 09:22 AM
Przemek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power tuning SC-430 - need advise

Hi!

I am the user of SC-430 from Poland - it is difficult to get any tuning parts for this great car in Europe. So I am looking for some help what power (like supercharger, exhaust etc) , suspension etc. parts are recommended and how they change the specifications... I want to import these parts from USA or Japan - if you can suggest something it would be great…

Przemek
------------------
SC-430 2002
RX-300 2001
LAND CRUISER 100 2002
Old 02-10-04, 03:31 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Przemek, and welcome!

Half the fun of this forum is searching thru and seeing what others have done, but if you want the abridged version...

The only engine performance part readily available so far are air intakes - experiences here are a throatier sound, but no noticable power difference. There are one or two companies about to put out superchargers - Blitz is one. One owner here is finishing a double Blitz - no results yet. Another owner has gone full boat and dropped a turbo in his, along with a number of fabrications to handle the extra torque. (Pictures in the Gallery.)

Suspension components have been discussed a lot here. Most owners (including myself) who have upgraded have found the Tein TypeCS coilovers to be the best setup.

I think the suspension mod that makes the most difference is upgraded sway bars. They should be available thru Daizen and TM Engineering next month. I've had a "sample set" from Daizen on my car for a number of months and I got to tell you, if I could make only one mod to my car, that would be it. Body roll is gone - the feel is much more German without losing the Lexus ride.

Otherwise, there are bodykits from a number of companies, and brake kits as well.

Hope this helps you get started...

Last edited by Roofless; 02-10-04 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-10-04, 03:54 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from one Euro member to another.
I'm sure Steve Ganz (SupraTRD on the forum) can help you get parts for the SC430 also.
Old 02-10-04, 09:22 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

I believe Injen makes an intake for the SC430, a few people here had it I think. also Auto Couture, and TOMs have exhausts, but i have yet to learn of any clublexus member to try these exhausts out yet. a while back two people posted, one said they installed the rear differential from a 98+ gs300 to increase torque, and the other person bought an aftermarket torque converter( no idea who makes it tho sorry).

Last edited by MagusFuria; 02-10-04 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-11-04, 03:02 AM
Przemek
Driver School Candidate

HI!

Thank you for warm welcome

I appreciate all your advices...

I've got in touch with Toms from Japan and I am looking for catalogue with tuning parts (including compressor) http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/comp/z38...r_interior.htm

It is interesiting how SC with Blitz compressor is going to perform - if you have any news please let me know.

Roofless - your Daizen suggestions sounds great - I will get in touch with them right away

By the way I have RX-300 with TTE compressor kit installed ( www.tte.de ) and there is slight difference in performance to 110 km / h but after crossing this speed the accelaration is like punch... I made a lot of BMW and Merc getting crazy when passing them with easy The only problem is that when you go full throtle the engine sound is very loud.... and something get wrong with compressor so Toyota dealer is going to replace it under warranty (I had a few lex in my life and never any problems - do you think aftermarket modificatons are reliable??? I just used this compressor for 7000 km so what will happen after 20000 or more??
Old 02-11-04, 07:08 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like you have big plans for the SC
Old 02-11-04, 12:06 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's two good threads talking about turbos, superchargers, and other mods, including Paul2x's TurboSC project.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=98642

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=65415
Old 02-11-04, 03:07 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Przemek, I have to agree with Roofless on the suspension mod. I owned an SC430 for a year and I never felt the car's suspension could handle the 300HP it already had. I had OZ wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports (non-runflat) which improved handling considerably, but the body roll was still quite noticeable. I'm sure sway bars would have made a big difference. I just wish I'd done a little more research and tried the sways myself. I probably would have kept the car.

Anyway, enjoy and good luck!
Old 02-11-04, 09:13 PM
Joe Peters
Driver

Question

How can I see Tom's web site in english?
Old 02-12-04, 12:31 AM
Przemek
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately you cannot - but ask them to mail you a catalogue - I am awaiting mine
Old 02-12-04, 02:36 AM
Przemek
Driver School Candidate

In Tom's you can contact Mr.May email: may@tomsracing.com.hk
He is very helpful.

By the way I emailed to Blitz-USA regarding their twin supercharger + exhaust but they have not replied... They do not care ?? After receiving information I am interested in I am ready to buy compressor right away - that is why after no response from Blitz I went to Tom's.....

Dseag2 - I changed the original wheels as well - now Antera wheels 18x8 front 245/40 and 18x10 rear 275/35 with Michelin Sport II tires. The car is much much better in handling, you can hear tire noise a little more but no significant difference. You are right regarding body roll - I will contact Daizen for some information regarding suspension updates but Tom's has the suspension mod as well - so maybe I will be able to negotiate good price when buying whole set: compr., exhaust + suspension and exterior tuning...
If you have any research on suspension mod please let me know - I will keep you updated as well....

By the way do you know any suspension mod for RX-300'2001 without lowering ??
Old 02-12-04, 02:41 AM
Przemek
Driver School Candidate

Brakes need mod as well - after a few hard emergency stops my brake pads and rotors were gone after 4000 km !!!! I have just ordered Brembo should receive it in 4 weeks... just to be installed before summer
Old 02-12-04, 02:18 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Przemek
In Tom's you can contact Mr.May email: may@tomsracing.com.hk
He is very helpful.

By the way I emailed to Blitz-USA regarding their twin supercharger + exhaust but they have not replied... They do not care ?? After receiving information I am interested in I am ready to buy compressor right away - that is why after no response from Blitz I went to Tom's.....

Dseag2 - I changed the original wheels as well - now Antera wheels 18x8 front 245/40 and 18x10 rear 275/35 with Michelin Sport II tires. The car is much much better in handling, you can hear tire noise a little more but no significant difference. You are right regarding body roll - I will contact Daizen for some information regarding suspension updates but Tom's has the suspension mod as well - so maybe I will be able to negotiate good price when buying whole set: compr., exhaust + suspension and exterior tuning...
If you have any research on suspension mod please let me know - I will keep you updated as well....

By the way do you know any suspension mod for RX-300'2001 without lowering ??
There is allready a member that has the Blitz twincharge on CL.
Maybe you can PM him how he got it.
Old 02-12-04, 02:23 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

Yes, another member is in the process of finishing installing his Blitz twin compressor. the strange thing ive noticed is that Blitz has been awefully reluctant to give out info on their compressor kit (they also never replied to my email several months ago). So far i only know of 2 blitz compressors in extistance, 1 on their demo car, and the other one in the other Clublexus members' SC430. You'd think they would want tell us more about it since we want to buy it, and they spent all the money developing it...

Jesse

Last edited by MagusFuria; 02-12-04 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-12-04, 02:43 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Have a look at this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=109822

Quick Reply: Power tuning SC-430 - need advise