SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

unusual radio problem /solved

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-04, 11:37 PM
JJRHO
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unusual radio problem /solved

hi, have a 02 sc430 with 42K...had auto top mod..otherwise stock.
recently, on FM1, mem ch 2, the station would cut out regularly for about 200usec every 3 seconds... very annoying.... i thought it was the radio station (arrow 93.1 so.calif ).... but this was happening quite often...
*here's the interesting part...if i tune to ch 2 and use the manual tuner to go off freq. and return to 93.1, it would NOT happen anymore... i could live with it but still annoying....

Tonight, i programmed ch.2 with another station, and voila... the problem went away ! so, i reprogrammed ch.2 to my old freq., 93.1, and the intermittent OFF is now gone....

Very interesting problem ! i hope it doesn't happen again but...can't explain it ! maybe something to do witih the tuner memory circuit ?

anyway, if you guys have any weird memory ch. issues on radio, try resetting the radio or reprogramming the mem. channel...

has ANYONE else seen this weird problem?

j.rho
jjrho@adelphia.net
Old 03-13-04, 07:47 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. Curious to know if it happens to you again. Glad to know there's a quick fix - thanks.
Old 03-16-04, 02:42 PM
beachdrive
Rookie

Default RADIO STATION CUTTING OUT

I had the exact same problem two weeks ago. I also thought it was the station, but when it continued for the whole week I realized it was the radio. I went into a multi-day un-scientific random button pushing mode and nothing helped, then I did the same thing you did. I put another station on the button and then manually retuned to the station that had the problem. It no longer had the repetitive cutting out. Then I just saved it to the original button and problem was fixed.

I was guessing that somewhere along the way I did something wrong and got the memory confused. I had previously confused my Sirius Radio (not in the SC430- a different vehicle) by inadvertantly programming a feature that gave me a warning whenever a partuclar artist was on the system. Had to get the book out to fix that one.
Old 03-21-04, 08:42 AM
beachdrive
Rookie

Default RADIO CHANNEL CUTS OUT

Just had the channel cutting out problem decribed above return after about one week since fix. This may mean that our solution is not permanent or just bad luck - will monitor.
Old 05-28-08, 09:49 AM
lilwyde
Driver School Candidate

Default Me Too

Just as an FYI, i have a '02 SC-430 and certain radio stations do the same thing as described in previous posts...
Old 05-29-08, 12:50 PM
westrella1
Rookie

I've had something similar happen to me a few times. I'll start the car, turn on the radio, & .... nothing. The radio turns on, the stations appear on the lcd screen, but no sound comes out. I tried changing the stations & reprogramming the frequencies, but I still get no sound. When I get in the car the next day, everything works fine. I thought it might have something to do with my Sirius radio, but even when I change the frequency & power down both receivers, that doesn't make a difference.

I have an '02 & I'm getting ready to add an ipod connector for audio & video. (The cassette deck keeps spitting out the tape adapter.)

I've found great ideas & solutions in many of the threads. Yes, the "search" option is my friend!

While I don't post very often, I find this forum to be a great resource! Thanks!
Old 05-29-08, 01:08 PM
lilwyde
Driver School Candidate

Default me too!!

DITTO - I luv this site - very friendly and helpful folks