SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-04, 08:33 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dseag2

Re: the sunroof wind noise, I never implied that any Lexus cars didn't have a separate sunshade. I said that with the sunshade open and the glass closed the SC300 had a lot more wind noise than any other Lexus I'd driven. Perhaps you should read the comments before you decide to jump in and flame.

Nice to see some things never change.
You noticed too huh, I totally agree. I'd like to keep the sunshade open on the highway but the noise is too much, around town it's fine but at 70-80mph the wind noise is too loud.
Old 03-23-04, 09:45 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally posted by dseag2
Nice to see some things never change. [/B]
Well, it's obvious you don't like me, and I don't like you either, so deal with it. Any glass roof is noisier with the shade open, in case you haven't noticed.
And you're not any better at reading messages 'buddy': I clearly stated the SC has slower throttle response than my other cars, but indicated is has nothing to do with throttle-by-wire itself. I own an '04, which might be different than your 'old' ex-'02, which I've never driven, but it's still slow. It was purposely built-in by Lexus, thinking owners wanted that.

And for the record, I'm not bothered by your presence on this board at all; I couldn't care less. Just keep it civil; we don't have to like each other.

Good day.
Old 03-23-04, 09:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

see i am so confused by this throttle by wire thing. if my gs400 is throttle by wire, why do i still see the cable when i remove the engine cover? and by tightening it i can further improve my throttle response? this is so confusing.

if you go to the GS forum, you will see that a lot of people say that the 98-00 GS are throttle by cable that's why the quick response, and 01+ GS430 are throttle by wire and the response is horrible

i don't own all lexus, but i test drive almost all of them (luckily), and from my experience, 01-04 GS430, SC430, and pre 04 LS430, their throttle response are all purely horrible. i literally step my foot on the gas and have to wait a sec or so before the car realiazes that indeed i want to go!

i test drove the 04 LS430 and it's a totally different thing. i step on it and the car just go right the way. i hope they put that in the new GS and also the SC430
Old 03-23-04, 10:15 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my opinions on this particular topic is that the delay in acceleration is intentional because it is meant to be a luxo cruiser geared closer to luxury than an all out "sport coupe" . imo, the sc400 is visually a more appealing car,and more of a classic original shape than the new one. originally, i did not like the new sc430,but the outside looks have grown on me substantially. The interior is amazing-but cramped. The retractable hardtop has definetely upped the WOW factor a couple notches,but not enough to warrant an sc badge. i beleive this car should have been called something totally different being that it is so different from the past model in every arena except luxury. The past model was essentially a 2door "luxury sedan" compared to this convertible- this convertible may as well be a 2 seat roadster, i believe lexus only added the rear seats for insurance rate purposes. The design process for the original coupe was second to none and broke new ground in every aspect,producing a timeless design- imo, i don't see the same for the convertible....it's easily forgetable in terms of it being a classic design, it just reminds me of too many other cars,there is nothing original in design here. on the other hand,compared to what's out there right now... this convertible cannot be beat in terms of value and "total package" offerings.

just my $0.02
Old 03-23-04, 10:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by Technics
mmarshall, I noticed you don't have the PM option selected.

I have some work related questions I would like to discuss with you. Could you provide with me an email address where I can contact you? Perhaps send it through a private message? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to go OT.
Haven't been able to get my PM option turned on yet...It's either not working or I'm not doing it right.
Old 03-23-04, 10:36 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mmarshall
Haven't been able to get my PM option turned on yet...It's either not working or I'm not doing it right.
If you go to "Tools" and then "Forum Options" you should be able to turn private messaging on.
Old 03-23-04, 10:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,254 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally posted by mmarshall
Gotcha fixed.
Old 03-23-04, 03:46 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I can tell you for certain that my SC430 does not have a sunshade on it's sunroof, and it's not clear like a moonroof either. It seems pretty quiet to me even with the 'sunroof' open, at least it's easier to hold a conversation on the cellphone with my 'sunroof' open than it was in my Z06 (fixed roof) at 70mph.
Old 03-24-04, 08:34 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by ELP_JC
Well, it's obvious you don't like me, and I don't like you either, so deal with it.
I have absolutely nothing against you, Juan Carlos, but it seems there are quite a few people you don't like on this forum. Following is a response you gave to Technics a couple of months ago when he commented on the SC430:

"Want to discuss SC400s? Go buy one first. And then do it on the SC300/400 board. This is an SC430 board; go pick a fight somewhere else.

Moderator, can you take care of this guy?

JC"

That was after you "chastised" the 55 CL members for reading your thread and not responding when they actually just didn't have anything to contribute.

I think you're the one who needs to deal with it. We are all free to express our opinions on this board... like it or not... and NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE (regardless of your perspective). I was giving an objective opinion to someone who asked for one and I will continue to do so.

Good Day to you as well.
Old 03-24-04, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

this is a warning to both of you guys, just knock it off. if you dont' like another person, ignore them or if they try to offend you, tell us.