Door rattle cover by warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-04, 02:29 PM
ayu910
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Door rattle cover by warranty?

Hi everyone,

I understand there is TSB (NV00803) on the door rattle problem cause by the wood trim, my question is. Is this repair cover under warranty? I have a 02 with 49K miles on it and I went to one of the Luxus dealer around the Bay Area for repaire but they told me problem like this is not cover by the factory warratny after first year of purchase.
Is this true? can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Old 06-04-04, 03:02 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had mine done with the "new" insulating kit and it was fully covered by warranty. Mine is an April 02 delivered car with 20k.

George
Old 06-04-04, 04:07 PM
ayu910
Driver School Candidate

George, thanks for the info...for some reason the Bay Area dealer (Lexus Fremont) I went to just dosn't want to deal with it. Anyway, I will try them again if not I'm just going to buy the insulating kit my self and do it over the weekend.
Old 06-04-04, 04:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the one at the automall? don't go to them, sometimes they suck imho. go to stevens creek, i have heard good things about them. and no, to hell with them. your car is under FULL warranty for 4/50, so they have to do it. those bastards
Old 06-05-04, 09:33 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a copy of the TSB or know where I can download it?

Just bought a brand new SC and the door rattles on normal volume with 0-0-0 Bass-Treb-Mid settings! I couldn't pinpoint what exactly is rattling - any ideas?

The dealer said service will take care of it at 1k service, but she also said she's never heard of this issue, which is strange given the number of posts on this forum about it.

Any ammo for my service next week would be great . . . Thanks for your help!
Old 06-05-04, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

just give them the TSB number at the top, they can figure out the rest

and why do you have to wait until 1k service? if you want you can always go now
Old 06-17-04, 08:17 PM
Umbo
Rookie

Thumbs up

I just had my passenger door vibration problem fixed today at Lexus of Bellevue,WA. I was having problems with creaking/vibration when driving on uneven road surfaces. I never heard it with the stereo. Anyway, that annoying sound is finally gone.

The new TSIB (technical service information bulletin) number is NV002-04. This new TSIB updates the old NV008-03 which is now obsolete as of 4/5/04. Car produced after VIN #0052090 have the problem fixed in production. It says right on the front page of the TSIB that this repair is covered under the 48mo/50,000mi warranty. Don't let the dealer jack you around!

The repair involves removing the door panel, and placing felt between the wood trim and the door panel. They are also supposed to install a door silencer pad but I don't think that my dealer did that part (it looks like a special part has to be ordered). Anyway whatever they did worked. I can now drive the car with the top closed and the radio off and enjoy the quiet that this car was intended to have.
Old 07-08-04, 12:56 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi SC owners:

Just brought in my new SC for 30-day inspection, and the dealer is ordering the insulation kit to be installed . . .

QUESTION - Has anyone noticed the door rattle on the PASSENGER side also? Or is this purely limited to the driver's door? I unfortunately have not had a chance to ride on the passenger side or have anyone listen closely to it.

Thanks in advance for your help - just want a heads up if I should be asking him to insulate the passenger side panel...
Old 07-08-04, 01:58 PM
mahroni
Driver School Candidate

i had the dealer install the kit for both sides. i have no more rattling at all...
Old 07-08-04, 02:49 PM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

... ditto ... had it installed on both sides, solved the problem.
Old 07-08-04, 09:52 PM
Umbo
Rookie

I didn't notice any creaking from my driver's side door.
Old 07-12-04, 05:17 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Yes, if that wood trim was factory-installed, it definitely is a warranty issue.....don't let these guys screw you.
If it was a factory part that was dealer-installed, it may or may not be covered after 1 year...check the contract you signed.
If it was an aftermarket part, you're probably on your own.
Old 01-17-05, 04:09 PM
YoungTurk
Driver School Candidate

Default Same problem in an '05

Originally Posted by lexuslover
Hi SC owners:

Just brought in my new SC for 30-day inspection, and the dealer is ordering the insulation kit to be installed . . .

QUESTION - Has anyone noticed the door rattle on the PASSENGER side also? Or is this purely limited to the driver's door? I unfortunately have not had a chance to ride on the passenger side or have anyone listen closely to it.

Thanks in advance for your help - just want a heads up if I should be asking him to insulate the passenger side panel...
Got the same problem in my brand new '05. I'm taking it in Wed. for it's 1k service and have already reported this to the dealer. Given that a TSIB is already out on this, tell me the dealer will have the parts needed in stock. I don't want to have to go and find out they don't have them in stock - I live 280 miles away from the dealer.

YoungTurk
'05 Silver/Black
Old 01-17-05, 06:24 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Got the same problem in my brand new '05. I'm taking it in Wed. for it's 1k service and have already reported this to the dealer. Given that a TSIB is already out on this, tell me the dealer will have the parts needed in stock. I don't want to have to go and find out they don't have them in stock - I live 280 miles away from the dealer.

YoungTurk
'05 Silver/Black
This is not a good news.. 1k miles only and we are experiencing this problem. Humm.... since there was a TSB, can the dealership just install it for the new coming???
Old 01-18-05, 01:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
This is not a good news.. 1k miles only and we are experiencing this problem. Humm.... since there was a TSB, can the dealership just install it for the new coming???
i have no answer for that man. did you read my other post about the rattling and squeaking? i had that since 50 miles when i got the car. it's straight from factory. i am not sweating though, i found the problem that's the most important.

to be honest, i am not trying to find excuse for myself or lexus, but i think they make the car way too damn quiet.... that makes every single little noise very obvious.....

i am pretty sure if i have the same noise on my gs4 i wouldn't have heard it

Quick Reply: Door rattle cover by warranty?