SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Eiback ProKit Springs...Slammin!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-04, 10:09 PM
NYXCITE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiback ProKit Springs...Slammin!

I haven't been on this site for a while, so my information my be obsolete. And I know this string belongs in "suspension" topic, but I have to tell you all anyway. I was on my way to put the Tein CS kit into my CS, while searchnig on line I checked out Eibach's site. If any of you remember, they originally have a lowering kit and then stopped production of it. Anyway, they now have a spring kit! It's the Eibach ProKit. They say it will drop the ride about an inch, but I think it's more like 1.25". They ride great and they're a HECK of a lot less than the Tein product. I know, I know the Tein's are height adjustable. but let's be honest, most of us that have these cars are not going to taking the car on the track, so we won't be raising and lowering the car on a regular basis. What we want is to accomplish the asthetic look, slammed. Right? Of course we don't want to sacarfice how the car rides, your CS will ride great with the Eibachs. Some of you will want the adjustability, the Tein product is it. So, with the $1200 or so savings, plus getting the same look and similar ride performance as the Tein kit, the Eibach kit works for me. I say $1200 savings because I've been seeing the Tein CS kit running about $1500, the price on the Eiback kit is about $300. If you want to see pics I have 2 in the Gallery. Later!
Old 08-21-04, 11:25 AM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think most ppl here on the forum buy the Tein's just because they are height adjustable. I for one who have the type CS's wanted increased performance and handling. Height adjustability is just an added bonus. Also the ability to adjust it with the EDFC on the fly is also another great feature. Springs may be cheaper, but in the long run coilovers are the only way to go. This is because your stock shocks will be more subseptable to bottoming out since there is a decrease in coil length. Plz anyone correct me if I am wrong.

If you want true performance and adjustability go for the coilovers. Save up, you won't regret it. I've been happy with my CS's since the first day I got them. And combined with the EDFC, imho there is no better combo!
Old 08-21-04, 02:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default eibach's

I also just bought the eibach spring set for the 1 inch drop. To make sure the springs can handle the slight extra stress, I got the Tokico shocks/struts. I've read posts by 2 guys who say they are running stock shocks with the 1 inch drop with no problem. However, it's always recommended to change the shocks when you lower the car.

I think your sc430 looks good with only a 1 inch drop. Coilovers are best if you want more drop. The Eibachs are probably the best option for us who only want 1 inch. When I was doing my research, one dealer mistakenly gave me info on the sc430, he thought that was the car I was asking about. He said he believed the stock suspension would hold up fine with only the change of the springs. Looks like you'll be fine. If you're happy, that's all that matters. I'm still trying to love the sc430 shape, it's a little easier to do with those nice wheels and drop. Good job.
Old 08-21-04, 06:45 PM
NYXCITE
Driver School Candidate

Herrage and Genearch, thanks for your insights, but I think I may have insulted Herrage or something. And Genearch, I did say that the Eibach was a SPRING kit, but thanks for the clarification. You guys need to lighten up...sheesh LOL People come to this site for information, ALL types of information. From all of the posts that talk about SC's suspension alternatives, it can seem like Tein is the only choice. I was assuming that myself, in my post I said I was just about to put the Tein's in myself. So now people know their is another alternative. I didn't say, "anyone who who bought the Tein's were wasting their money". I just wanted to be informative to people that probably don't need the .25"-.50" additional drop, or the adjustability, or who may want to save themselves a grand or more. I think in my post I addressed the adjustability and performance, I said SIMILAR performance. I didn't say the SAME performance. Performance wise I know what I'm talking about because my 2 buddies both put the Tein's in their SC's and I've driven and experienced the Tein's myself. I think there are people on here that truly just want the car dropped, and that's it. You may want the adjustability, but I think most, not all, probably don't need it. And if they think they do when they first buy the Tein's I can almost guarantee you they don't use it. Do the Eibach's affect the performance negatively? No they don't. Also in my post I said, there's about a 1" drop (I actually see about 1.25"), to me the difference of a drop of 1/1.25" or 1.5" is negligable. But hey, everyone has their opinion. I'm fortunate enough to have had the car for 2 years and only put 6K miles on it, so for me the Eibach's are more than fine. And I have a feeling more SC owners than not will probably find them more than acceptable. Will I be taking my ride to the track or racing on the street anytime soon, I don't think so. Do I have a hot ride, why, yes I do! So, relax guys. Life is about choices, and now the other SC owners know of another choice. Have a WONDERFUL Evening!
Old 08-21-04, 06:49 PM
NYXCITE
Driver School Candidate

Reggiek, Thanks for you response Dude. I was also told about changing the shocks with the Eibach's, but as you see in my last post, I only put 6K miles on my car over the past 2 years and that won't be changing anytime soon. But if someone needed their car as a daily driver or who drives their car more than I would, then yes the shocks should be changed. BTW, Your ride looks very cool bro!
Old 08-21-04, 08:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default eibach's

Originally posted by genearch
After all of that rant.. I'll tell you MY opinion of MY experience.

#1 I had the Eibachs on my SC430
- Rode too harsh and completely UNACCEPTABLE
- wasn't low enough
#2 I tried the Tein Flex
- Still a bit harsh
- Height was adjustable
#3 I am now running the Tein CS
- Perfect all the way around.

Don't paint all "TEIN's" with the same brush, there is a HUGE difference between the FLEX and the CS

Pop into some of the other forums, read the experiences of others and you'll find many similar stories. Pickup the phone and have a conversation with Todd at TMEngineering, you'll get a free education.. i did and he is the one that installed my TEIN CS setup.

Sometimes saving a "grand" or more isn't worth it. Quite honestly, I hated my car when it had the Eibachs and to a lesser extend when I had the FLEX, and was considering getting rid of it.

The SC430 is a first class car and IMHO deserves only the best...

There is an excellent thread over in the GS forum that should help shed some light

Here is a Link

** Now take that money you "saved" and buy some sway bars, you *should* appreciate the improvement in handling.

Gene, I've never heard anyone say the eibach set up rode too harsh. When you had the eibach's, did you change the shocks too? I understand the combination keeps the ride nice. In fact, the set up I bought of eibach springs and tokico shocks is advertized to keep the Lexus smooth ride intact. Did you change both?
Old 08-21-04, 09:18 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NYXCITE
Herrage and Genearch, thanks for your insights, but I think I may have insulted Herrage or something.
Sorry nyxcite if I did offend you in any way. That was not intended. Just expressing my views over a coilover suspension setup vs. spring setup. Thats what forums are for right?

Hey i guess if your happy, then thats saying alot by itself! Maybe just the spring setup is what truly fits your needs because as you said you have only put 6k miles on it in the last 2 years. Thats not a whole lot at all, so i guess my point is that for the daily driven SC's like mine (xcept in winter of course), the Tein's may be the better way to go. And eibach is quality and proven so you don't need to worry about that, but hey lets face it, coilover suspension will only offer the most in adjustability, dampening, performance and handling.

I agree with genearch, check the detailed suspension sticky in the GS forums, very useful and knowledgable tool.