SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

bugs on car

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-04, 03:49 PM
w84gdthng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bugs on car

I'm trying to get rid of the bugs that smashed into my front bumper. I have tried the bug-off thing and some it goes away, albeit not all. I'm afraid of scratching the car if I take scouring pad to it. Has anyone successfully used some method (chemical or otherwise) to remove these dead pesky insects?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-04, 04:07 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

If this doen't work nothing will: Using an all purpose cleaner allow the product to soak, then use a plastic net sponge to remove the fatalities. I use meguiars car wash soap, and then detailing clay, and then wash again to remove the residue. Followed up with a sealant ( All in One, Meguiars NXT, etc)
Old 09-21-04, 08:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

put water on the surface, keep it wet, and let it sit there for 20 mins. they will soften up and it's easy to clean

or if you want, you can spray some wd40 on it and clean them up. BUT make sure you wipe everything off soon and wax the area again
Old 09-22-04, 11:36 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turtle Wax makes a "bug and tar" remover that I've been using for 10 years with nothing but successful results. It is also good for removing scuff marks on the doorsills. However, once you get it cleaned-up you may want to consider a clear bra to protect your car in the future. I have XPEL on my entire front-end, headlights, fog lamps, and side mirrors - and it works! No chips or scratches, and the bugs wipe off with not much effort. BTW, the stomachs of some bugs contain a corrosive agent; so getting them off quickly will help to save the finish on the paint. Good luck!
Old 09-22-04, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by LeslieRC
Turtle Wax makes a "bug and tar" remover that I've been using for 10 years with nothing but successful results. It is also good for removing scuff marks on the doorsills. However, once you get it cleaned-up you may want to consider a clear bra to protect your car in the future. I have XPEL on my entire front-end, headlights, fog lamps, and side mirrors - and it works! No chips or scratches, and the bugs wipe off with not much effort. BTW, the stomachs of some bugs contain a corrosive agent; so getting them off quickly will help to save the finish on the paint. Good luck!
same here, i got xpel on all my cars and they work wonders
Old 09-23-04, 10:10 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before Xpel and Zaino:
==================
Bug count = 20 out of 20

After Xpel and Zaino:
==================
Bug count = 2-5 out of 20

Those pesky critters now just bounce off that Xpel w/ the slick Zaino.
As far as those nasty looking blood splats and gunk from the bigger bugs, there's none.

teeman3
'03 Millenium Silver
Xpel + 20 coats of Zaino

Last edited by martini3; 09-23-04 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-23-04, 11:44 AM
w84gdthng
Driver School Candidate

Smile Good suggestions.

Thanks guys, I try it out. I should've put the Xpel on at the start, but thought it would ruin the paint over time as, i would assume, the part that is covered will experience less oxidation/sun bleaching over time. Yeah that front end is so flat, all the bugs get mooshed up into it. Any body also have problems with the passenger seat having a rattle of some sort? It sounds like the side or back plastic loose or something. It's driving me nuts!!!! I tried to push on the parts and they seem to be pretty sturdy. Any ideas?
Old 09-23-04, 11:52 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Default Re: Good suggestions.

Originally posted by w84gdthng
Any body also have problems with the passenger seat having a rattle of some sort? It sounds like the side or back plastic loose or something. It's driving me nuts!!!! I tried to push on the parts and they seem to be pretty sturdy. Any ideas?
The rattle started for me just the other day,. I checked everthing as well, couldn't find anything. Tthen I moved the seat all the way back and it went away. I checked to see if there was anything under the seat on in the rails, but I didn't find anything.

BT
Old 09-23-04, 02:10 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I have no expel, and removing bugs is never a problem with 'Plexus' . Use it for both my bikes and cars; great stuff.

What was rattling on my passenger's seat was the seatbelt buckle. Tuck it in (or buckle it) and see if the rattle goes away.

Good luck