SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: Indicate YOUR choice for the EXTERIOR color for the NEW 2006 SC 430 "Special Edition"
"Azure Pearl" or Sky Blue Metallic with Ecru Upholstery
39.68%
"Black Diamond" or Black Metallic with Pimento Red Upholstery
38.10%
Other (Please SPECIFY EXTERIOR color below)
22.22%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

YOU pick the exterior color for the 2006 new SPECIAL EDITION SC 430

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-04, 09:31 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YOU pick the EXTERIOR color for the 2006 new SPECIAL EDITION SC 430

Assume that for the 2006 model year, there will be only five hundred (500) SPECIAL EDITION SC 430 units manufactured for North America. Assume further that YOU will be given one of these rare SC 430 Special Editions with all desired options and equal cost, FREE of charge You must only describe the EXTERIOR PAINT COLOR for this auto as precisely as possible.

However, you can NOT use the eight (8) current STANDARD colors (Millenium SILVER Metallic, WHITE Gold Crystal, BLACK Onyx, Absolutely RED, Egyptian SAND Pearl, Midnight AMETHYST Pearl, INDIGO Ink Pearl or Midnight PINE Pearl).

You may specify the EXTERIOR/interior COLORS for the exclusive Pebble Beach Editions for both the previous 2004 ("Azure Pearl" or Sky Blue Metallic with Ecru leather upholstery) and 2005 ("Black Diamond" or Black Metallic with Pimento Red leather upholstery). After voting for your EXTERIOR/Interior color preference for this exclusive model, we will have a future poll for the colors of wood trim, carpeting and scuff plate "Lexus" illumination lights. Feel free to add your suggestions at this time in text below.

The poll offers three choices for EXTERIOR paint/interior leather upholstery, the final choice being "Other". If you specify "other", please describe your color choice (light, medium, dark, metallic/pearlescent, etc.) in your post as precisely as possible.

Last edited by PBEchicago; 10-03-04 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-03-04, 10:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am a boring person, i want alpine white with black interior and blackwood
Old 10-04-04, 01:01 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

I want it to be the one shown in the Madrid Autoshow earlier this year. the best special edition SC430 we've seen so far IMHO. (Exterior is dark brownish)

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-04-04 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-04-04, 11:10 AM
sexylexysc430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Madrid Auto Show and Neiman Marcus Edition

SexySC> I too liked the chocolate brown SC (Carolina Herrera Edition) at the Madrid auto show. It's a shame that we probably won't get any here in the US. Although I would have preferred it with a wood steering wheel and shift **** (instead of the all-leather one). I like wood!

I also liked the exterior color of the Neiman Marcus edition SC430 that was offerred a couple of years ago. It was a metalic silver with a hint of violet opalescence. However, I did NOT like the "Candy Cane Red" Interior. Black or Grey would have been much nicer IMO.
Old 10-04-04, 11:20 AM
sexylexysc430
Driver

Here are a few pictures of the Carolina Herrera Edition (termed SC430 CH). I love the wood they used- it looks like brown marble!

Old 10-04-04, 11:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally posted by sexylexysc430
Here are a few pictures of the Carolina Herrera Edition (termed SC430 CH). I love the wood they used- it looks like brown marble!
Me too, & that wood is not dark enough to obscure it's natural pattern , it would be perfect if they use that dark wood trim for the Steering wheel & shift **** as well, although I'm sure that there are people who prefer all leather steering wheel.
Old 10-08-04, 12:57 PM
MarsB007
Driver

I would love to have a black metallic exterior and black leather with blue accents. Black wood please!

Look at the new Pebble Beach Edition... copy it entirely... Now, delete the red interior, replace with black leather with blue inserts for the seats (something classy and small - not yards of blue leather). Delete the wheels, and add the TRD ones at least.
Old 12-13-04, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man, isn't that a bit too dark?

that's why i like the PB edition from last yr
Old 12-17-04, 01:25 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

As stated in the original post, if you voted "Other", it was requested that you specifically describe the exterior color. Furthermore, the initial post indicates that the choice can NOT be any of the existing eight standard colors (see original post).

In the category of "Other", it appears that only two of six voters specified their actual choice: the (chocolate) brown of the "Carolina Herrera Edition" as exhibited at the Madrid Auto Show. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would the four others that specified "Other" please SPECIFY what they had in mind? If not, the ADJUSTED tally as of 12/17/04 reads:
"Azure Pearl" 7
"Black Diamond" 5
"Chocolate Brown" 2
___
Adjusted TOTAL (as of 12/17) 14

"Other" (Not Specified) 4

Last edited by PBEchicago; 12-17-04 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-17-04, 04:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by PBEchicago
As stated in the original post, if you voted "Other", it was requested that you specifically describe the exterior color. Furthermore, the initial post indicates that the choice can NOT be any of the existing eight standard colors (see original post).

In the category of "Other", it appears that only two of six voters specified their actual choice: the (chocolate) brown of the "Carolina Herrera Edition" as exhibited at the Madrid Auto Show. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would the four others that specified "Other" please SPECIFY what they had in mind? If not, the ADJUSTED tally as of 12/17/04 reads:
"Azure Pearl" 7
"Black Diamond" 5
"Chocolate Brown" 2
___
Adjusted TOTAL (as of 12/17) 14

"Other" (Not Specified) 4
i said alpine white with black interior and black wood?

alpine white is different from the white available, it's pure white and no pearl
Old 12-17-04, 05:03 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

I stand corrected. Thank you, romini.

We now have three votes for an unspecified "other".
Old 12-17-04, 05:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by PBEchicago
I stand corrected. Thank you, romini.

We now have three votes for an unspecified "other".
no problem, i know they look close, but i am just being ****
Old 12-25-04, 01:33 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

As of Christmas Day, unless the posters specify their choice of "Other", five of the eight votes for "Other" are meaningless. Again, if someone votes "Other", they must post their alternative choice for an exterior color for the NEW 2006 Special Edition. The choice may NOT include the standard eight colors.

Last edited by PBEchicago; 12-26-04 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-27-04, 01:09 AM
flossn
Lead Lap

Ok well, I might be the only one to think this would be a great combo, but I wouldn't mind seeing a solar yellow (IS300 color) with black int, with any lighter wood. The only sporty color the car offers so far is red and I wouldn't mind seeing something more eye catching coming down the road than shades of grey, silver or white.

I know i'm probably a minority on this one, but I guess that's why my GS400 is Spectra Blue!!
Old 12-27-04, 01:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by flossn
Ok well, I might be the only one to think this would be a great combo, but I wouldn't mind seeing a solar yellow (IS300 color) with black int, with any lighter wood. The only sporty color the car offers so far is red and I wouldn't mind seeing something more eye catching coming down the road than shades of grey, silver or white.

I know i'm probably a minority on this one, but I guess that's why my GS400 is Spectra Blue!!
well i have a spectra blue gs400 too, so i can see where you are coming from

but man, solar yellow sc430, we gotta see a PS now

Quick Reply: YOU pick the exterior color for the 2006 new SPECIAL EDITION SC 430