SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Installed Daizen front sway today

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 04:11 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Daizen front sway today

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon installing the front sways. The install went well, not all that hard. Take a look at the pics below and check out how much larger the Daizens are than stock, pretty impressive.

Here's a closer shot

Here's a shot of the sway bar link, please excuse the dirt on the Teins.

and the other side

This shot is from underneath ithe vantage point is not the best but it show the bushing mount

II drove about 20 miles and the steering feels much tighter, there is a bit more road noise, but I didn’t sense any new harshness. I was really looking for a signs of a harsher ride as others have warned about it but I guess I lucked out. I didn’t get a chance to throw it into a corner so I couldn’t get a read on how much of the body roll is gone. I haven’t installed the rear bar yet so things may change once that’s installed.

BT
Old 10-07-04, 04:47 PM
flatfoot
Driver

Very good post. Let us know how you do after the rear bar is installed.
Flatfoot
Old 10-07-04, 10:39 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by flatfoot
Very good post. Let us know how you do after the rear bar is installed.
Flatfoot
What he said, keep us updated!

Did the sways come with polyurethane bushings as well?...if they did, is there required maintenance on those..i remember seeing it somewhere but i searched and cant find it.

good post, tell us how the rears feel
Old 10-08-04, 12:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on the new setup man! that's awesome!
Old 10-08-04, 05:42 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally posted by herragge

Did the sways come with polyurethane bushings as well?...if they did, is there required maintenance on those..i remember seeing it somewhere but i searched and cant find it.

Poly bushings front and rear. The kit comes with 4 tubes of grease. You lube the insides of the bushings before you install them on the bar. That’s a good question about required maintenance and I don't know the answer. Over time the grease may dry out and they might start making some noise . It's not a great deal of effort to take things apart again if that were to happen and regrease the bushings. The worst part of the job is taking the splash plate off, I think it's something like 10 bolts and 6 of those plastic pop in rivets. About half way through I got smart and used my ¼ “ air ratchet on them. It worked great for getting them out but I don’t like using it on reassembly as all the fittings on the splash plate are plastic.
Old 10-08-04, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have daizen sways on both my gs4 and is3. if installed right, there shoudl be no squeak
Old 10-10-04, 03:24 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bt430
Poly bushings front and rear. The kit comes with 4 tubes of grease. You lube the insides of the bushings before you install them on the bar. That’s a good question about required maintenance and I don't know the answer. Over time the grease may dry out and they might start making some noise . It's not a great deal of effort to take things apart again if that were to happen and regrease the bushings. The worst part of the job is taking the splash plate off, I think it's something like 10 bolts and 6 of those plastic pop in rivets. About half way through I got smart and used my ¼ “ air ratchet on them. It worked great for getting them out but I don’t like using it on reassembly as all the fittings on the splash plate are plastic.
Thanks for the reply, I'm looking into the sways next year after winter, so I'd thought i'd ask. Have you installed the rears yet?
Old 10-13-04, 05:24 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking into the sways next year after winter, so I'd thought i'd ask. Have you installed the rears yet?
I haven't gotten to the rear yet . I'm thinking I might put a Blitz exhaust on so I'm waiting until I figure that one out. It should be really easy to put that bar on with the exhaust out ot the way.

BT
Old 10-21-04, 11:17 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ummm...you didn't turn the front end link around as specified in the instructions. This is VERY important.

Better climb back under there and compare your install to the picture on the instruction sheet.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-21-04, 06:20 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Ummm...you didn't turn the front end link around as specified in the instructions. This is VERY important.

Better climb back under there and compare your install to the picture on the instruction sheet.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Great eye bro!!!

I took the pics before I relealized I didn't flip the link, I was so excited to get the car off the jack stands I totally forgot to retake the pics. Nothing like posting a knuckle-head move for the world to see.

I haven't done the rear yet and I'm not quite sure which of the 3 adjustment holes to use. What do you suggest?

BT
Old 10-21-04, 10:30 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Put it on the softest, which is the furthest hole out. Drive it like that for a while, then try the furthest hole in and see which is best for your vehicle and driving style. There isn't a huge difference, its more just for fine tuning.
Old 10-30-04, 11:18 PM
Umbo
Rookie

Angry Creaky Sways

I had my dealer in Bellevue, WA install front and rear Daizen sways back in June. My car now creaks whenever I go over a bump especially when turning. They relubed the bushings with "high temp grease" but the problem quickly returned. I suspect that they are using the wrong lube. Is the silicone lube something special or should the dealer have it available.
Old 10-30-04, 11:21 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

The only grease that will work correctly over time is the one that came with it. Other normal grease will wash out pretty quickly, especially after it rains.

Let me know I can send you some, PM or email to todd@tmengineering.net

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering
www.tmengineering.net
Old 11-17-04, 08:47 PM
Umbo
Rookie

Todd, thanks for the grease. The dealer relubricated the bushings and the creak is 98% gone. I hope it lasts.
Old 11-17-04, 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Umbo
Todd, thanks for the grease. The dealer relubricated the bushings and the creak is 98% gone. I hope it lasts.
awesome, glad to hear it's working out man

Quick Reply: Installed Daizen front sway today