SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Stationary SPINNING Wheels for SC 430 (Davin???)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 01:53 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmmm....

I think it's so easy to pass judgement on a car and what BELONGS on a car.
People's opinion's are just that...an OPINION.

What defines "classy"? Under who's jurisdiction?
Popular vote?? Social Norms? Two things that change WITH time??

SO I think it's presumptuous and elitest to sit here and talk about what rim is classier or not classier; if it spins or not.

IF we're going to play the "popular vote" "common sense" card...then...
Too MANY folks... altering a lexus at ALL...is considered unclassy by many purists. So by that definition..we are almost ALL guilty. Spinning rims or not.

Just let people be. Singling them out when you see something about their car that you don't like...and owing them a comment is very self-absorbed. No one needs to go out and TELL someone what they feel of their car. Is your opinion SO vital that they must hear it? Please.....
Just imagine that right back at you....

There are actually spinning rims on Bentley's, Range Rovers AND Lexus's SC430s (if done a certain way) that can be subtle. Also..kleep in mind..most people who are doing this are NOT trying to be subtle. And who said subtle was synonymous with class? And what is CLASS??? Trying to appear above someone else?

THINK of what you're saying.

Anyhow...my lecture is done.

p.s.

I'm an asian guy (not black)..and I like spinners. I also like ostrich leather, suede etc. Doesn't say a damn thing about my class.

Last edited by Anthracite SC; 11-26-04 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-26-04, 07:40 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: hmmmm....

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
I think it's so easy to pass judgement on a car and what BELONGS on a car.
People's opinion's are just that...an OPINION.

What defines "classy"? Under who's jurisdiction?
Popular vote?? Social Norms? Two things that change WITH time??

SO I think it's presumptuous and elitest to sit here and talk about what rim is classier or not classier; if it spins or not.

IF we're going to play the "popular vote" "common sense" card...then...
Too MANY folks... altering a lexus at ALL...is considered unclassy by many purists. So by that definition..we are almost ALL guilty. Spinning rims or not.

Just let people be. Singling them out when you see something about their car that you don't like...and owing them a comment is very self-absorbed. No one needs to go out and TELL someone what they feel of their car. Is your opinion SO vital that they must hear it? Please.....
Just imagine that right back at you....

There are actually spinning rims on Bentley's, Range Rovers AND Lexus's SC430s (if done a certain
way) that can be subtle. Also..kleep in mind..most people who are doing this are NOT trying to be subtle. And who said subtle was synonymous with class? And what is CLASS??? Trying to appear above someone else?

THINK of what you're saying.

Anyhow...my lecture is done.

p.s.

I'm an asian guy (not black)..and I like spinners. I also like ostrich leather, suede etc. Doesn't say a damn thing about my class.

I can dish it and take it. Good comments...I agree with them. The spinning wheel thing takes me out of my common sense. I still say they don't belong on a Lexus or Benz or any high end car. I'll tell someone how I feel if I want to. It's not classy to do that but I can't have class when I see something as offensive to my eyes as spinners on a Lex!
You're also right that your liking spinners and ostrich doesn't say much about your class...just your taste.
I hope you can take it cause I'm just having fun with your comments. Chill out man.
Old 11-26-04, 09:25 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reggie

Actually I never said I had bad taste =)
hehe

All in good fun. I don't take this stuff too seriously either..but sometimes I have to settle some scores when people get ahead of themselves ...jokin or not.

I mean..i think the stock rims on an SC430 are in bad taste AND not classy.
But again..my opinion..yours....it's just that.
Just like you said..just be able to take as much or more than you give out =)

Michael