Search this Thread

Old 12-17-04, 08:06 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!

Congrats Henry...must be nice to have all that money to throw around.::

What is that now, three Lexuses?

Looks like somebody has a car addiction worse than mine.....
Old 12-20-04, 10:33 AM
igorxx
Driver

I think its what your going for. A luxary sedan that will ride at least 3 other passengers or a sporty car that will take only one more. I myself bought the sc because I had had a sedan before and rarely had anyone in the rear seat. My children were grown and my wife was usually the only person who rode with me. I told my wife I was not going to buy another car unless I "loved" it. She said she could not love a car. While we were waiting for her SUV to come in we rode in my sc. She said if she could love a car she could love the sc.
Old 12-20-04, 12:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well, as soon as the plates come in. i don't have the guts to play the game you and eliz are on man
Aww man!
Old 12-20-04, 01:12 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking

Very niiiice, Henry. I think you and Ritsa made the right color choice. And..hmm..that "no front plate" handwriting does look awfully familiar!!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 12-20-04 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-20-04, 08:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jsl757
Hey Rominl who makes an lsd for the sc? Do you know where I can find some information?

thanks,
Jeff
well, let's hold on to that right now. i have done quite a bit of research on this (even before i got the car) coz' i think the throttle is so much weaker than my gs4. however, before i have done it, i don't wanna give out any wrong info yet, it's a big money purchase for most people, so i wanna mke sure on everything first

but of course, hopefully it happens soon and will keep everyone posted!
Old 12-20-04, 09:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SBMGS4
Wow!

Congrats Henry...must be nice to have all that money to throw around.::

What is that now, three Lexuses?

Looks like somebody has a car addiction worse than mine.....
yup, 3 lexus now, i was joking to my wife that all we need is the ls430 now (we will never consider the es330), and she smiled and walked towards the sc430
Old 12-20-04, 09:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by igorxx
I think its what your going for. A luxary sedan that will ride at least 3 other passengers or a sporty car that will take only one more. I myself bought the sc because I had had a sedan before and rarely had anyone in the rear seat. My children were grown and my wife was usually the only person who rode with me. I told my wife I was not going to buy another car unless I "loved" it. She said she could not love a car. While we were waiting for her SUV to come in we rode in my sc. She said if she could love a car she could love the sc.
that's so true! i think we made the right call about getting the sc430 instead, since we already have a gs4, a pretty big sedan for us. i am glad that your wife said that sc will be the car she love
Old 12-20-04, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
Very niiiice, Henry. I think you and Ritsa made the right color choice. And..hmm..that "no front plate" handwriting does look awfully familiar!!

oh so the guilty one has spoken here is the person who just cost me 60k! thanks again eliz, it's definitely a nice purchase!
Old 12-20-04, 09:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

i wonder if you guys have any little problems with the car? i have rattle on the doors (found out to be the wood trims, they are rattling when base is strong), and there is a squeak/rattle in the pessenger back that i still can't locate

guess the car is way too quiet, so i can actaully hear all these small noise

and i guess i really miss the power on my gs4.... this past weekend i went back to LA where my wife is driving the gs4 right now. she picked me up at airport, and gosh is the gs4 super fast... i was like an idiot gunning the car every time... hopefully i can get tc and lsd for the sc430 soon. the throttle i can't fix, but i can care less about the cel
Old 12-20-04, 10:11 PM
Dev
Rookie

Beautiful new ride Henry! Congrats to you and your wife! I love the color, and I LOVE the list of planned mods!
Old 12-20-04, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dev
Beautiful new ride Henry! Congrats to you and your wife! I love the color, and I LOVE the list of planned mods!
haha thanks dev, you also know my schedule too
Old 12-21-04, 12:36 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Oh man Henry good choice and quite the surprise! So guess it's not the 997 but seeing as how it's for Mimi and just saturated in luxury, I guess you really made the right choice. I usually don't like the saddle but on white it really looks amazing. I can't wait to see it once the two of you are all done! Oh, and sorry for giving you a tough time in the last teaser threads .

James
Old 12-21-04, 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jet864
Oh man Henry good choice and quite the surprise! So guess it's not the 997 but seeing as how it's for Mimi and just saturated in luxury, I guess you really made the right choice. I usually don't like the saddle but on white it really looks amazing. I can't wait to see it once the two of you are all done! Oh, and sorry for giving you a tough time in the last teaser threads .

James
haha, well, it was a good guess on your side though, we did consider the 911 turbo i didn't even consider the 997 coz' of the stupid markup now, plus getting a new porsche you are getting hammered bad on the depreciation it's not even fun. that's why it's only used. however the prices of used 911 turbo is still pretty high, and i know over time it's just more maintanance.

we get the sc430 new so we will be hit wit the depreciation too, but after doing all the math and what not, it still came out better you will never believe the residual on the sc430, it's very high!

but it was fun seeing you guys guess though
Old 12-21-04, 07:13 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah jeff, and i am afraid that our cars are going to share even more similarities down the road (considering how few choices of mods we have)

we saw your car during eos3, and to be honest your car was the single car that we remembered most. my wife always like the white sc430, and she just kept on going "henry, see that" "henry so nice " "henry, when?"
yeah, yeah, Jeff's car looked so good because I took the pictures (I got a few tricks for him at eos4) j/k bro your car was my son's favorite

Henry, welcome to the GS/SC club!!! great addition to the family...now that I have "sold" the supra to my brother-in-law I may have a few tricks up my sleeve this year

Last edited by DPRSupra; 12-21-04 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-21-04, 07:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

hey jeff (gosh, too many jeff here), so you are going to focus on the sc now? that's nice!

for me i am still way behind you guys, i will need to work a lot harder now i cna't even bring the car to a meet i guess, hehe

Quick Reply: new addition to the group