Error 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-04, 08:35 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error 3

Merry Christmas everyone!

Got an Error 3 on my CD player, won't eject or play any of the CD's. Will get it fixed next week, I suspect that they will have to replace the entire head unit. I did a search but didn't see anyone else who has had the same problem, will keep you posted.

Last edited by RodF; 12-25-04 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-25-04, 01:15 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was covered earlier on my thread entitled "'Error 3' on Compact Disc Player".
Dealer will make prompt switch. My malfunction occurred right after a girl played her "home-made" CD.
Old 12-25-04, 06:46 PM
vvking
Driver School Candidate

I've found that any CD that is slightly thicker than a standard music CD will get stuck. In other words, any CD with a stick-on label. I've been able to retrieve such stuck CDs with a pair of tweezers, and the CD player survived.
Old 12-25-04, 11:16 PM
RodF
Pole Position

I agree, and have noticed that myself. The only thing in my player right now are original CD's or burnt cd's with no paper labels. Will have it checked out on Wednesday.
Old 12-27-04, 02:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah i think that's the "problem" with some in dash changer these days. this was a problem with the is300 too. as long as you use cdr with a label, good luck

from is300 people, i heard that if you try to eject, the door will open but the disc doesn't come out. some people they use another disc and try to push on the jammed disc and it will eject. maybe you can just give it a try. don't forcefully push in the second disc though, that's NOT the intention

that's why all the discs i put in now, i only WROTE on them what cds they are
Old 12-27-04, 11:09 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Thats what concerns me here. I have no labeled CD's in there, but still get the error. It seems to error on one cd, and once the error occurs, all cd's will error the same. Cannot eject any of them, etc. After turning the unit off and back on, it sometimes works again until it hits that specific cd, which has no labeling on it.
Old 12-27-04, 12:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man that sounds scary.... what bran cdr you using? i have been using tdk and so far so good (on my is300 and sc430)
Old 12-27-04, 04:54 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
man that sounds scary.... what bran cdr you using? i have been using tdk and so far so good (on my is300 and sc430)
TDK is pretty much the only brand that I have been using as well. I can work around this, but since I can consistently produce the error I want to get the head unit changed out before it goes past warranty. I hope they give me a new unit, and not a factory refurbished one...
Old 12-27-04, 07:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ummm, i wonder if you can share with us the "procedure" you did to make it fail?
Old 12-27-04, 07:38 PM
RodF
Pole Position

ummm, i wonder if you can share with us the "procedure" you did to make it fail?
Pretty simple. It seems to fail on disk 1. Whether it is because of the disk in there or the position itself I'm not sure. Not willing to experiment yet lest I accidentally "fix" it. However, whenever it is working, if the shuffle tries to play disk 1 it will generally fail, and all disks will be inoperable after that until the car is shut down and subsequently restarted. Just turning the head unit off won't do it. If by chance disk 1 plays without error, all I have to do is eject it and put it back in, and it will fail. This disk has been playing in my car without incident for more than a month right now, and I don't think it is the disk that is the problem, esp. because the disk works intermittently.
Old 12-27-04, 07:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm that's interesting. i never tried shuffle disc before, now i am scared to try it @_@
Old 12-27-04, 07:53 PM
RodF
Pole Position

umm that's interesting. i never tried shuffle disc before, now i am scared to try it @_@
I don't think the shuffle itself is the problem. Trying to play disk 1 causes it, whether I get there via shuffle or manually.
Old 12-28-04, 02:29 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Angry Crap!!!

The day before I am to take the car in to have the stereo checked, the damn thing starts working again. No use in even wasting my time to take it down now. It will probably wait until the warranty expires before it permanently breaks. Hope it will be covered under my extended warranty, as the initial warranty expires in April.
Old 12-28-04, 02:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RodF
The day before I am to take the car in to have the stereo checked, the damn thing starts working again. No use in even wasting my time to take it down now. It will probably wait until the warranty expires before it permanently breaks. Hope it will be covered under my extended warranty, as the initial warranty expires in April.
huh?! so it works no matter how you "play" it now? man that sux... i hate these problems where they will just disappear when they should appear... every time i bring my car in for rattles and stuff, they decide to "go away" for a while...
Old 12-28-04, 10:08 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Unhappy

huh?! so it works no matter how you "play" it now? man that sux... i hate these problems where they will just disappear when they should appear... every time i bring my car in for rattles and stuff, they decide to "go away" for a while...
yup. Working perfectly now. I called and they said next time it goes down bring it by to verify, no need to set up an appointment. I guess that's all they really can do.. Hopefully it will happen before the warranty expires. I don't even want to know what it would cost to replace the OEM head unit out of warranty, and there's no way I would want an aftermarket head unit in there.

Quick Reply: Error 3