SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 10:56 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't remember the money was flowing the wrong way...kinda like thinking my wife was done with christmas shopping as my daily balance on the visa kept going up...I believe I got it painted and repaired (some big cracks in the front) for $250 and myself and a friend put it on. front was a little tight...ultimately i'll probably have to replace it...Dev got the WALD waiting for a previous customer? (j/k Henry...don't trip...although I do already know where he lives )

I like the full replacement but "hiding the cost" from the wifey would be difficult.
Old 12-29-04, 10:58 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the roof spoiler but the price is a major eye opener! I can't imagine spending anywhere close to what it cost ($800+).

Jeff
Old 12-29-04, 11:01 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jsl757
I like the roof spoiler but the price is a major eye opener! I can't imagine spending anywhere close to what it cost ($800+).

Jeff
I'm glad you feel that way Jeff...gives me a chance to catch up to your kind of perfection...Jeron says hello to his babysitter
Old 12-29-04, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by DPRSupra
i can't remember the money was flowing the wrong way...kinda like thinking my wife was done with christmas shopping as my daily balance on the visa kept going up...I believe I got it painted and repaired (some big cracks in the front) for $250 and myself and a friend put it on. front was a little tight...ultimately i'll probably have to replace it...Dev got the WALD waiting for a previous customer? (j/k Henry...don't trip...although I do already know where he lives )

I like the full replacement but "hiding the cost" from the wifey would be difficult.
man, you get the whole kit painted and installed for that price? damn that's nice man!!!! can yuo get me hooked up bro, you know i need a shop soon so what's the reason that you wanna get it replaced? it's still not what you looking for?
Old 12-29-04, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Jeff
totally agree jeff... 800 bucks on a roof spoiler that's only frb, that's pretty steep... and seriously it doesn't have much style as well from the pic, seems like just a piece of flat fg?

gene must be loaded

and is tom's the only company with a roof spoiler for the car? i can understand why it's so limited though, considering that the top still needs to go down
Old 12-29-04, 11:46 PM
DKNY
Rookie

Thanks everyone for your input!

I'm not ready for the AC kit, it seems to be major work, plus could get expensive.

Wald like I said is not good since I live in NY area and the clearance in the front is no good,

What do you guys think about this.

Exclusive kit http://www.l-tunedparts.com/photos/1...dat?1102640331 without the rear, and use the Wald rear lip: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/photos/705/1.dat?1092975275

would that look ok, or it would match? Does anyone have any pix with exclusive kit?
Old 12-30-04, 03:18 AM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DPRSupra
I'm glad you feel that way Jeff...gives me a chance to catch up to your kind of perfection...Jeron says hello to his babysitter

haha my car is hardly perfection. I am toying with the idea of using my saved up mod money for a dslr thats been calling my name. It'll probably be money better spent than a fiberglass roof spoiler as Henry said. Actually I bet we could have a company custom make a roof spoiler for way less if we wanted to.

Jeff
Old 12-30-04, 04:56 AM
DKNY
Rookie

haha my car is hardly perfection. I am toying with the idea of using my saved up mod money for a dslr thats been calling my name. It'll probably be money better spent than a fiberglass roof spoiler as Henry said. Actually I bet we could have a company custom make a roof spoiler for way less if we wanted to.

Jeff
I noticed you have the same color and year as my car, do you have a picture of it?
Old 12-30-04, 08:01 AM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

here's one from eosv3
Old 12-30-04, 09:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DKNY
I noticed you have the same color and year as my car, do you have a picture of it?
well just fyi, i have the same color combo too but then my car is still stock -- boring
Old 12-30-04, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Jeff
that might not be a bad idea jeff. doing fg roof isn't too hard, makes me really wonder
Old 12-30-04, 01:33 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Thanks for posting that pic Jeff...thats actually my favorite pick of the car. Here's one I took of the rear but its in front of an ugly box.

Jeff

Old 12-30-04, 02:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man i really wonder, how much trouble do you have going through cities, driveways, dip/bump with that ride height?

i ask coz' that's what i will go through too!
Old 12-30-04, 08:02 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
man i really wonder, how much trouble do you have going through cities, driveways, dip/bump with that ride height?

i ask coz' that's what i will go through too!
Its not too bad, I do drive very conservatively though. Driveways are a pain but if your planing on putting 20's on it'll be more bearable than my setup.

Jeff
Old 12-30-04, 10:17 PM
DKNY
Rookie

Thanks for posting that pic Jeff...thats actually my favorite pick of the car. Here's one I took of the rear but its in front of an ugly box.

Jeff

Very nice, I Love! I should get the Walf kit excluding the front, wont able to handle it in NY.

Quick Reply: Body Kits