SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 12:07 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

22 wow. Mind if I ask what you do for a living?
Old 02-01-05, 12:20 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjr24
Hey whats up Coach. We need a pic of them rims with the top down! (And you are right, life is good! LOL).

I say keep it how it is, do not lower. I always thought about lowering my cars too, but it just is not worth the money and work for an inch to inch and a half. I cannot even notice any gap on your car, and that really is the main reason to lower a car with 20s (as most others do it for aerodynamics). My friend has a E46 M3 convertible and lowered it, but that is a car built for speed and was his main thinking in doing so.

I was saying in another thread, that I have seen some SC's with 20s that looked like 17s, maybe because of the tire setup or the rim choice. Yours actually look like 20s, good work. I think rims with lip dont look as big IMHO. My rims have probably a 2-3 inch lip and I think that is why I feel they do not look like 20s at times.
an inch or so can make a big difference. its not only lowering it for the look but increase in performance or perhaps comfort depending on which you get. coach, if you decide to lower your going to get coilovers right? this way you can just lower it on nice days ie summer/spring/fall and just pick it up bad during bad weather ie winter. plus, after putting big rims like that, how does it feel in the car? i remember when i put bigger rims i sat in the car and it was a lot higher, like driving an suv (exageration), but you know what i mean. imo it would look much cleaner and classier w/ the drop, you dont have to ride on the ground if thats not your steez, but i remember i didn't want to put my wheels on until i got coilovers.
Old 02-01-05, 04:58 PM
COACH430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993SCTT
an inch or so can make a big difference. its not only lowering it for the look but increase in performance or perhaps comfort depending on which you get. coach, if you decide to lower your going to get coilovers right? this way you can just lower it on nice days ie summer/spring/fall and just pick it up bad during bad weather ie winter. plus, after putting big rims like that, how does it feel in the car? i remember when i put bigger rims i sat in the car and it was a lot higher, like driving an suv (exageration), but you know what i mean. imo it would look much cleaner and classier w/ the drop, you dont have to ride on the ground if thats not your steez, but i remember i didn't want to put my wheels on until i got coilovers.
I had runflats before so the change to nittos was a huge improvement over the drive quality of the stock setup...coilovers maybe in spring plus I NEVER drive this car in the winter when there is snow or salt anyways.
Old 02-01-05, 04:59 PM
COACH430
Rookie

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
22 wow. Mind if I ask what you do for a living?
I am a bank manager, a realtor and a loan officer, I am also a fully liscenced financial advisor and own 2 of my own businesses
Old 02-01-05, 05:04 PM
COACH430
Rookie

Originally Posted by talgrl626
welcome to CL!

very nice evo not sure about the mods thou(can't tell ) heh..

how many are in your garage right now?
They are all in my garage just not at home, I own several houses and unfortunatly none have more than a two car garage, Inext to one of my homes I build a beautiful Garage/ mini warehouse...i store the cars there and switch as needed

As far the mods on the EVO believe me there are way to many to list, The main concept is GT35R Turbo upgrade, intercooler core from skyline R34, Tein Coilovers, Stand alone fuel management and about every bolt on you can do... I also have cams and headwork done...I have worked on it for about a year, and have sank way too much money in it
Old 02-02-05, 12:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by COACH430
I am a bank manager, a realtor and a loan officer, I am also a fully liscenced financial advisor and own 2 of my own businesses
damn, what a successful guy we have here
Old 02-02-05, 09:31 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Coach, was your s2000 written up in one of the import mags? It looks familiar. If you havent gotten it yet, get the Luxlink remote top drop and remote starter. I'd be glad to show you my set up if you have questions.

Weny
Old 02-03-05, 03:38 PM
COACH430
Rookie

nope none of my cars get publicity and believe it or not this is the first time I have posted pics of them online...I usually dont care to because people steal ideas and go buy the same **** thats on your car making it then no longer a unique vehicle
Old 02-05-05, 06:55 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome pics, I think I am going to go out and buy those same rims if I get an SC, same color combo too. LOL, just kidding.
Old 02-06-05, 05:21 PM
COACH430
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjr24
Awesome pics, I think I am going to go out and buy those same rims if I get an SC, same color combo too. LOL, just kidding.
LOL, as funny as that is...I wouldnt be surprised if i saw those rims on another car on this board in the next 6 months...
Old 02-06-05, 06:03 PM
jeffzlex
Driver School Candidate

LOL, as funny as that is...I wouldnt be surprised if i saw those rims on another car on this board in the next 6 months...
Sad, yes. But as they say, "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery". That being said, I won't be the one to put the rims on my ride. 1) My wallet can't take it right now, and 2) I respect the uniqueness aspect of the cars in the group. Kudos to all of you from a newbie who's really enjoying what's he's seeing. Don't know if I'll ever been in the same league with 1/10 of you guys, but man, it's fun checking it all out and thinking of what can be done! There are ideas to pick up here and there for different mods, but the real deal is to look at all the possible mods available and to put your own spin on it--just as you've done with your cars.

Coach, all of your rides look awesome and it shows that you have a passion for stylish looks and performance. I can't wait to see the photos in the spring. Me? I'm just trying to dig deep enough into my nearly empty wallet to make a First Gen GS300 come alive again. Maybe that what's meant by the "relentless (now passionate) pursuit of perfection".
Old 02-08-05, 03:46 PM
COACH430
Rookie

Originally Posted by jeffzlex
Sad, yes. But as they say, "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery". That being said, I won't be the one to put the rims on my ride. 1) My wallet can't take it right now, and 2) I respect the uniqueness aspect of the cars in the group. Kudos to all of you from a newbie who's really enjoying what's he's seeing. Don't know if I'll ever been in the same league with 1/10 of you guys, but man, it's fun checking it all out and thinking of what can be done! There are ideas to pick up here and there for different mods, but the real deal is to look at all the possible mods available and to put your own spin on it--just as you've done with your cars.

Coach, all of your rides look awesome and it shows that you have a passion for stylish looks and performance. I can't wait to see the photos in the spring. Me? I'm just trying to dig deep enough into my nearly empty wallet to make a First Gen GS300 come alive again. Maybe that what's meant by the "relentless (now passionate) pursuit of perfection".
we all have to start somewhere..good luck and thanks for the feedback
Old 02-08-05, 04:12 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Honestly, its not that bad of a thing. The thing most folks forget is CL is a INTERNATIONAL forum. So yes someone may get the same wheels, but they may be on the other side of the country!!!

Alot of people have the same aero kit as I have (TTE- LTuned - LSPORT), yet I have NEVER seen another car with the kit in passing.

Jeffzlex- its not that hard, your best bet is to establish a 'plan of action' for all of your mods, and then check off items as your funds permit. Let me know your wheel/tire budget and I'll try to help if I can!
Old 02-08-05, 04:26 PM
COACH430
Rookie

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Honestly, its not that bad of a thing. The thing most folks forget is CL is a INTERNATIONAL forum. So yes someone may get the same wheels, but they may be on the other side of the country!!!

Alot of people have the same aero kit as I have (TTE- LTuned - LSPORT), yet I have NEVER seen another car with the kit in passing.

Jeffzlex- its not that hard, your best bet is to establish a 'plan of action' for all of your mods, and then check off items as your funds permit. Let me know your wheel/tire budget and I'll try to help if I can!
its ok when people buy the same rims...I am sure manufacturers are not making a profit if only one person per make bought those rims...all I am saying is that some people have no ideas at all but what they see and they dont try at all to be unique they just buy what they see on someone elses car in the end...the whole point of customization is to be unique isnt it
Old 02-08-05, 08:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

its ok when people buy the same rims...I am sure manufacturers are not making a profit if only one person per make bought those rims...all I am saying is that some people have no ideas at all but what they see and they dont try at all to be unique they just buy what they see on someone elses car in the end...the whole point of customization is to be unique isnt it
with the whole aftermarket being so big, and of course all the copy cats here and there, i think we should all be used to that fact at least just do our own part and be original and tasteful, that's the way to go

Quick Reply: My new wheels