SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New addition to the group part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 11:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Hey Mark, congrats on your ride! Now I need a GS and an SC to catch up to you and Henry.

Doh on the pothole! That's why i'm reluctant to move the wheels from my Solara to my IS...on the account of the miles I drive everyday...I don't want to take that risk of damage on our not so great freeways.

Dang, how many do we have in the Elizabeth @ Longo Purchase Club now?
Old 02-06-05, 05:44 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark,

I got your PM, really sorry about this. FWIW, when I drove a Honda, I once caught a flat on the highway and had to change it. I broke one of the studs (4lug car), and I was over 80-100 miles away from my dorm. I made it home just fine, just ensure you apply the lugs in a cross fashion, and drive with "sense".

good luck
Old 02-06-05, 12:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
went to Elizabeth! she's awesome
ah that's awesome she's the best
Old 02-06-05, 12:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by herragge
I was just thinking the same thing about having alot of NICE white SC's around here....Nice car man!! LOVE THOSE WHEELS, lots of spokes is hot on the SC imo!
yeah, seriously i think white stands out a lot but man, i think we do have enough white sc around here already
Old 02-06-05, 12:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
thanks for the comment guys.. but today is a bad day for both SC and my GS. If you look at the 2nd picture closely, it was not mounted to the car. I just used the wheels cover in the back and place the wheel against the front to see how it looks. I was going to sell those since not much lip on those Amistad type R. Anyways, got my Tein CS put on (thanks to Sander and Victor at TWS) and wife wants those wheels so I put it on when we returned. When I was putting on the last wheels and tighten the lug, one of the loader break!!!!! I was shock! I was not even use much force. Then I went to dinner at Rowland Height and when I exist the 99 Ranch market at Azusa, there was a huge pot hole covered with water and a huge impact on my front left kit of my GS. The damage was pretty bad, it rip over my Xpel film and bend my quarter panel just like last time!! Sigh~~~

Anyways, the wheels are no longer for sale because they look so NICE on the car!!!

Do you guys think if I can drive the car safely to the dealership (the SC) to have the loader replace? Cars only has less than 100 miles, do you think dealer will cover this under warranty? Liz, if you are reading this, give me your input.
oh man that sux... how can this happen... i can't believe this man, one of the stud snapped off!!!!! sorry about that

and was it raining over al rowland height area? gosh, that hurts... the kit is one thing, it can be fixed, but how about the fender

sorry to hear that mark, hope they can be fixed soon
Old 02-06-05, 12:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hey Mark, congrats on your ride! Now I need a GS and an SC to catch up to you and Henry.

Doh on the pothole! That's why i'm reluctant to move the wheels from my Solara to my IS...on the account of the miles I drive everyday...I don't want to take that risk of damage on our not so great freeways.

Dang, how many do we have in the Elizabeth @ Longo Purchase Club now?
hahaha, ryan, careful now, if one of us get the LS next you will have a long way to catch up

ryan, how about having a meet over at longo as "eliz's customer day"? that would be sick isn't it
Old 02-06-05, 12:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Hey Mark,

I got your PM, really sorry about this. FWIW, when I drove a Honda, I once caught a flat on the highway and had to change it. I broke one of the studs (4lug car), and I was over 80-100 miles away from my dorm. I made it home just fine, just ensure you apply the lugs in a cross fashion, and drive with "sense".

good luck
yeah, it should be fine. one time i stripped one of teh lug nuts on my gs4 and i just use the other 4 and got to the shop no problem. it's ok as long as you get them fixed soon
Old 02-06-05, 06:32 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha, ryan, careful now, if one of us get the LS next you will have a long way to catch up

ryan, how about having a meet over at longo as "eliz's customer day"? that would be sick isn't it

LS...hmmm...now there's an idea
Old 02-06-05, 07:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

LOL don't worry, an LS is in my long term plan! Has been since 1990 if you can believe that or not.

Lets gather up the troops. I'm ready!
Old 02-07-05, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

LOL don't worry, an LS is in my long term plan! Has been since 1990 if you can believe that or not.

Lets gather up the troops. I'm ready!
well both my gs4 and sc430 are in LA, so that's no problem. let's home gsxotic got his stud fixed soon, time for a little gathering i suppose
Old 02-07-05, 02:37 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So forget mods. It is about how many Lexus you can own, huh?
Old 02-07-05, 06:11 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Neo
So forget mods. It is about how many Lexus you can own, huh?
LOL good one Neo!
Old 02-07-05, 11:15 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Mark, you need an IS300! Then you and Henry will be tied up!
Old 02-07-05, 12:26 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well both my gs4 and sc430 are in LA, so that's no problem. let's home gsxotic got his stud fixed soon, time for a little gathering i suppose
The stud is being replaced right now, but my GS will soon go into a shop. So, I am up for a meet any time, Henry, just without my GS of course.

Ryan, I do want an IS for a long time! But I think I am aiming for LS430 in few years and then I can downgrade my GS to a beater. Damn, time to trade in my 04' Sienna for GX...
Old 02-07-05, 01:18 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark, you need an IS300! Then you and Henry will be tied up!
Nah, I have a cheaper solution. Wait. Patience. The IS will be for sale soon anyway.

Quick Reply: New addition to the group part 2