washington dc metro

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 09:21 AM
kream7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washington dc metro

Hello all!
anyone living in the dc metro area who can point me where i could purchase the wald kit for the sc430? also do we just order the luxlink online and take it in to the dealer to install ? any problems with doing so?
Looking to put a few mods on the car but i noticed in my area there isn't a lot of meet and greets unlike the california group, just wondering if there is a group for the dc/md/va owners to meet as well?

But club lexus is a GREAT PLACE for rookies like myself to see what's hot for the lexus lovers! thanks
Old 02-22-05, 11:34 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota sells the Wald products

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php

I put in the Luxlink myself, so I can give you a few pointers if you want to go that route. I would recommend a car alarm/radio installation shop for the install. SRT in beltsville has something going on the Sat and look at the regional section of this forum for updates on an East Coast lexus get together in Balt or Annapolis.
Hope that helps
Weny
Old 02-23-05, 12:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for the luxlink, not sure if the dealership can install it for you, coz' it's aftermarket parts after all
Old 02-23-05, 02:31 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Northern Virginia and have tried a few times to get something goes with other CL people. We never seem to be able to find an event to focus on and most don't want to just "hang around a parking lot". Spring is coming so try a notice in the NE and SE (we're stuck in the middle) regional forums and see what you get.

I don't know a Wald kit from a hole in the ground. I got my LuxLink on ebay about 8 months ago. In those days, Steve was selling about one or two a month that way. I don't know if he continues to do that. You can certainly order it directly from LMW. Either way they fully support the product and will provide a video and printed instructions on how to install it. I did mine myself and its not trivial but also not complicated. Just follow the steps. There is panel removal, wire stripping and soldering involved. Any competent mechanical or DIYer should be able to do it in a couple of hours. I doubt if any dealer in this area would agree to do it since you do have to tamper with the factory wiring harnesses. However, I never asked.

George
Old 02-23-05, 04:25 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

George,
Check out the regional section about the East coast meet CL members are trying to organize. They are looking at holding it in our area. This Sat I think a couple of members will be at SRT to watch some Dyno pulls. I will be there to get a baseline on my SC430 and a reading on nitrous. I'd be glad to meet you up there.
On the self install....the hardest part I had was soldering a connection to the ignition and running the wiring from the pillar to the door.

Weny
Old 02-23-05, 05:26 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll check that out, thanks.

For me the hardest part was getting to and soldering on that brake switch wire.

George
Old 02-23-05, 06:11 AM
kream7
Driver School Candidate

Default Many thanks

Thanks everybody for sharing the info and pointing me in the right direction !!!! And sc430 blue I would like to check out SRT up in beltsville and bring mine in for some quotes and look around as to what else they can offer. what time is a good time to stop by on Saturday?
Old 02-25-05, 08:49 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Kream,
I'm scheduled to go on the dyno at 12:00. I'll probably get there early to watch some of the other cars get tuned. I'll be the big hawaiian looking guy with the two rugrats trailing behind....

Weny