SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Does the SC430 have Bluetooth Capability?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-17, 08:34 PM
Hookedongo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BT and Navigation in SC430 2003

Originally Posted by iolmaster
I don't think the 03 came with Bluetooth. It is likely the Bluetooth came with the Pioneer system. The Lexus keypad may not interface with the Pioneer. You can update the navigation by purchasing a disc. The latest and last for our vehicles is 2015. However, the 03 may not be the version of the navigation system that is that recent.
I believe the Navigation was already in the car, but the car Pioneer radio with BT came on later. I discovered the Navigation needed to be updated by Lexus in order for it to accept my addresses, and in order to get the keypad to work on the BT with the Pioneer system, I had to put the emergency brake on (crazy) but it worked. As soon I did that all the shaded buttons lit up. I also discovered, that I can run Netflix movies through it, Pandora and it will show my iPhone apps and contacts as well with a proper connection between a connection cord provided and my phone. That connection is available only thru Apple as I understand it. The thing that is silky is that I can't save a contact unless it is on my contact list or unless it is one I have recently called.
Old 07-14-17, 09:13 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Hookedongo
I believe the Navigation was already in the car, but the car Pioneer radio with BT came on later. I discovered the Navigation needed to be updated by Lexus in order for it to accept my addresses, and in order to get the keypad to work on the BT with the Pioneer system, I had to put the emergency brake on (crazy) but it worked. As soon I did that all the shaded buttons lit up. I also discovered, that I can run Netflix movies through it, Pandora and it will show my iPhone apps and contacts as well with a proper connection between a connection cord provided and my phone. That connection is available only thru Apple as I understand it. The thing that is silky is that I can't save a contact unless it is on my contact list or unless it is one I have recently called.
I'm getting confused here; specifically if you're talking about the new PIONEER or the old LEXUS bluetooth. Most phones handle only one Bluetooth Handsfree connection at a time. That being said, if you didn't upgrade your stock OEM Lexus 2003 Gen3 Nav Player to a OEM Lexus Gen4 Player, then I can't see how Bluetooth can be active on your OEM Lexus Screen? Therefore the OEM Navigation screen shouldn't have a bluetooth screen for you. If you're able to switch the OEM display to show what shows on your PIONEER then the OEM screen shouldn't respond to touch but the PIONEER Radio should. Is that what you've noticed?

In my case, I updated BOTH my OEM Lexus 2002 Radio to a 2007 OEM Lexus Radio and OEM Lexus 2002 Nav player to a OEM Lexus 2006 player. Bluetooth option shows up on my OEM Screen and it is touch responsive, but my phone doesn't find the Lexus SC430 BT connection. That is why I'm asking if there is another piece of hardware that I'm missing?

If you're saying that the PIONEER aftermarket radio only gives you bluetooth dialing when you have the parking brake on, that makes sense (sort of... you should NOT have to have the parking brake engaged to use the phone feature. Seems illogical to have handsfree phone option on the Pioneer just so you have to pull over, park, engage the brake, then make a phone call. Possibly something is not wired properly).

BTW: BOOOOOOOMER SOOOOOOONER!!!!! Hope you're not with 'em Horns...
Old 07-17-17, 05:34 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 884 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Hookedongo
as already said, the 2003 does NOT have BT, the pioneer radio does and you can purchase the ebrake bypass cable on Amazon.

also, if you decide to update your radio firmware, go to the pioneer website to download the update, while your there, download the users manual for your radio and read up on the features.

one last thing, the NAV in our cars are very old and obsolete. They are time consuming to program and phone apps like Waze are much better.
if you really think you will use the car NAV, then just purchase the DVD online, then install it in the trunk...read the owners manual.

good luck!
Old 07-17-17, 06:58 AM
Hookedongo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bypass EB for BT on Amazon

Originally Posted by Bgw70
as already said, the 2003 does NOT have BT, the pioneer radio does and you can purchase the ebrake bypass cable on Amazon.

also, if you decide to update your radio firmware, go to the pioneer website to download the update, while your there, download the users manual for your radio and read up on the features.

one last thing, the NAV in our cars are very old and obsolete. They are time consuming to program and phone apps like Waze are much better.
if you really think you will use the car NAV, then just purchase the DVD online, then install it in the trunk...read the owners manual.

good luck!
. Thank you for the information. I need to study the BT via Pioneer more to figure how to finish getting my contacts in without having them in my history, and how to call out while the car is in motion. Thank you for all your notes. I am not to technically savvy.
I
Old 06-25-23, 09:05 AM
NVR2LA8
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth in SC

Originally Posted by Enigma869
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. It looks like I'll have to do without Bluetooth, as I refuse to buy brand new ever again. I just can't stomach losing 20% off of my investment the day I drive off the lot. As much as I love my 2004 LX, if I had to do it over again, I'd just by buying it now instead of fresh off the showroom floor. To my friend who mentions the new motorola v710, I already know about those limitations, as I just bought the phone. The "send" feature simply doesn't exist on this model phone, which precludes you from sending the data to your in car phone book. Hopefully Motorola will smarten up and fix this needed feature.

John from Boston
I’m on my 3rd Lexus and have never bought them new. I’m interested in either an SC or an IS. I really want a hardtop convertible, even if I have to rent a car for a road trip that has a trunk. I can’t imagine being without Bluetooth which also allows me to stream Apple Music. Take a look at the IS Convertible. They come as 250C and 350C. I’m 100% loyal to the brand. Kindest Regards, Jo
Old 06-26-23, 01:28 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 884 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR2LA8
I’m on my 3rd Lexus and have never bought them new. I’m interested in either an SC or an IS. I really want a hardtop convertible, even if I have to rent a car for a road trip that has a trunk. I can’t imagine being without Bluetooth which also allows me to stream Apple Music. Take a look at the IS Convertible. They come as 250C and 350C. I’m 100% loyal to the brand. Kindest Regards, Jo
Toyota is so slow when it comes to technology…did you know the $100K 2021 LX570 doesn’t have CarPlay/Android Auto or Lane Correction?

the 2010 SC430 had BT for music
Old 06-27-23, 05:14 AM
doobs
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

GTA CAR KIT for the win!

Unlike the two others I bought, who won't be named, this one works and is completely seamless and reliable.

Last edited by doobs; 06-27-23 at 05:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
implantgs4 (06-27-23)
Old 06-27-23, 05:29 AM
chrisv78
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Shawn.

Sorry to bring this thread back, but I am going to anyway. Since my LED screen went out on the factory ML receiver in my 2002, I am looking for options for replacement. Your's is the first post I have seen that transplanted a 2007 (I assume it's the 24392 model) into your 2002, along with the 2007 NAV player. The parts houses say that won't fit, but I trust your installation capability more than them. What "modifications" were required to transplant the newer stereo? My Parrot BT controller has died as well, and replacements cost as much as a replacement used 24392 ... so that system is not readily accessible.

Sorry to make you remember 2017.

Chris
By the way, welcome to the SEC. BTHO tu! (aka, Gig Em Aggies).