SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Anyone know how to turn off the run-flat beep and light indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-05, 06:39 PM
SC430icand
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know how to turn off the run-flat beep and light indicator?

I installed set of HRE 843R on my SC and I can't get the wheels balanced perfectly. Between 45 - 65 mph, I get a shimmy and a very slight vibration. When I have the tires mounted on the stock wheels, the ride is perfect. With the HREs, the run-flat sensors are mounted using a metal band inside. The wheels have been balanced 4 times, twice using what I was told "force" balance and the other times, just the regular machine. The regular machine seems to be better.

The car is a 2004 with 4K miles and at this point, I believe it must be the band and sensor that is causing the problem. I've had it with the sensors and since I check my tire pressure every 2 wks, I don't need it. Does anyone know an easy way to disable the warning system - the beep and the light.

Thanks!

SC430icand
Old 03-17-05, 06:50 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check FAQ section....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=19290
Old 03-17-05, 11:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man, bent hre, that hurts

some pics of your car?
Old 03-18-05, 02:55 PM
herragge
Pole Position

What are your widths on your HRE's? I have the 540R's WITH the metal bands that hold in tight with a new locking mechanism that HRE sent me. I think I was the first SC to try it, lucky me! It works great I have no shaking whatsoever. So I think your problem may not be in the bands. What happened before is that HRE sent me with the wheels some bands to tire around the wheel for the sensor. But they didn't work cause they would always fall off. They developed a new locking thingy that holds it in real good, and it doesn't fall off. They tested it on Vette going 120mph! Maybe ask HRE if it was a manufactorer's defect? It sucks that you paid that much for premium wheels and get shaking, that would **** me off.
Old 03-18-05, 06:02 PM
SC430icand
Driver School Candidate

My HREs are 18X8.5. I do have the band with the locking kit. The lock looks like a washer with two holes one for the sensor and the other for the metal band. Was there a special position for how they mounted your sensor and the nut that tightens the band? My sensors were placed opposite the HRE valve and the nut for the band next to the sensor.

One other thing I failed to mention was I get a weird creaking sound than can be heard specially when the top is down. It almost sounds like the steel belts on the tires are being stretched as the tire/wheels are spining. Again, I don't get this sound with the stock wheels...

I don't have a photo at the moment that is small enough (100k limit as I understand it) to upload.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-05, 09:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SC430icand
My HREs are 18X8.5. I do have the band with the locking kit. The lock looks like a washer with two holes one for the sensor and the other for the metal band. Was there a special position for how they mounted your sensor and the nut that tightens the band? My sensors were placed opposite the HRE valve and the nut for the band next to the sensor.

One other thing I failed to mention was I get a weird creaking sound than can be heard specially when the top is down. It almost sounds like the steel belts on the tires are being stretched as the tire/wheels are spining. Again, I don't get this sound with the stock wheels...

I don't have a photo at the moment that is small enough (100k limit as I understand it) to upload.

Thanks!
if you want email me the pictures at rominl@comcast.net and i will post them up for you
Old 03-18-05, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

ok i am posting the pic for member SC430icand

for instructions on how to post them up yourself in the gallery (limited space), here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127587

if you are over limit and can't delete pics just let me know, i can host them
Old 03-19-05, 02:09 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC430icand

Thanks!
What size are your tires? That might help explain the creaking sound...

Uhh I coulnd't honestly tell you any position for how they mounted my sensors. I believe it came with instructions and such and if it said how to mount em in there I'm sure my wheel/tire guy did em the way they were supposed to. Like I said, maybe give HRE a call. I know of Mike Duffy who is the pres. but he might not be able to give u the info u need. Speak to a tech, they should be able to help you out.
Old 03-20-05, 12:11 AM
SC430icand
Driver School Candidate

I'm using the original tires that came with the car when I purchased it new. They are Dunlop run-flats, 245 40 18.

Thanks for the tip. I will give HRE a call on Monday.
Rgrds,
SC430icand
Old 03-23-05, 10:49 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Hi All,

As some of you may have read, I was able to substitute two non-sensor wheels on my car without the Tire Pressure Warning System recognizing a fault. I took the car in to the dealer and my SA tells me that the problem was that the system was never initialized. He think this relates back to some diagnostic/repair work done for the previous owner by another dealer. Anyway remembering that some of you have removed your sensors and want the system turned off, I asked him if it was possible to intentionally disable the system. He says it is.

So, if you're tired of tracing down wires, disconnecting fuses and taped over warning lights on your dash, check with your dealer. There may be a more desirable solution to your problem.

George