rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man i didn't know it's so hard for tall people to buy cars
Old 03-28-05, 07:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

It's not an advantage if you're either too tall or too short . . .
Old 03-28-05, 08:02 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmethySC
It's not an advantage if you're either too tall or too short . . .
I do feel it is more a disadvantage in car selection if you are tall. There are so many cars I have to rule out automatically because I have to wedge myself in the car at the dealership. I remember in high school(91) when I tried sitting in a MR2 spider. The steering wheel fit snug between my calf and my upper leg. The sales guy tried not to laugh.
Old 03-28-05, 08:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I guess you haven't seen little ladies under 5 ft. trying to test drive S class or big SUV's
Old 03-28-05, 08:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Enigma869
For those of us who grew a bit more (for the record, I'm 6'4"), there is zero shot of driving this car, let alone getting the top in the up position without crushing your head.
Well...if an SC is too small for you, you can always try a Miata.
Old 03-28-05, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Hermosa
I do feel it is more a disadvantage in car selection if you are tall. There are so many cars I have to rule out automatically because I have to wedge myself in the car at the dealership. I remember in high school(91) when I tried sitting in a MR2 spider. The steering wheel fit snug between my calf and my upper leg. The sales guy tried not to laugh.
HAHAHAHAHA....... sorry mike, but i can' help myself..... this is such a good one
Old 03-28-05, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I guess you haven't seen little ladies under 5 ft. trying to test drive S class or big SUV's
thanks for using my wife as a joke, very funny....

Old 03-28-05, 09:27 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Unless they are exotic dancers with the 8" platform heels.
Old 03-29-05, 05:32 AM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

who needs the front seat? just pull it out!
Old 03-29-05, 05:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Woogie
I' ve seen a Lambo owned by a basketball player with driver seat removed outside Century City .
Old 03-29-05, 08:21 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Woogie
LOL. Office Hightower from Police Academy.
Old 03-29-05, 09:08 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Height and Size both definitely have dictated my choice of vehicles. I would love to own some really small sports cars so I can do some road courses for fun on the weekends, but there arent really any that I can fit in comfortable. The only way I can drive a Miata is if the front seat is removed and the top is down. Without the seat it is actually very comfortable because my feet are in the perfect position and the door and rear quarter panel is the perfect height for an armrest. The only sports car I have found that I would like to drive and be comfortable is in the Supra/SC. The seat position is perfect for me and I feel very comfortable. The only thing I would change about it is maybe how far down the roof drops to the sides to meet the side windows. I would raise those up a bit for a little better viewing. I once tried to even drive an old VW Beetle... my knees were higher than the dash and I could barely get the clutch in because my leg was trapped between the door and the steering wheel. SUCK!

Anyways needless to say, my size has dictated many of the vehicles I have bought. Currently I own a 97 Chevy Extended Cab Silverado and a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee (a little tight). Both are bigger vehicles because they are the only things that are really that comfortable for me. The thing that really sucks about it is that there arent that many big vehicles that get good has mileage... both my truck and SUV get about 16-18 MPG.
Old 03-29-05, 06:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm 6-2 275. I had a moment of weakness and decided to consider the sc430.....seeing as I am not really fond of the looks this was quite a revelation. Since my luxury coupe choices are few, had to give it a try. It is a Lexus. I was shocked to discover the lack of legroom in the car. I didn't even think of asking for a test drive after that....what would be the point. I've wondered why more athletes don't buy this car. Now I see why. It's claustrophobic in there. Lexus really missed the boat on this car....IMO. I know you guys love it and I do think it's a sweet car but it's kinda disappointing to us SC300/400 owners.
For those who wonder how I can say that....well, just cause it's not my ideal car doesn't mean I lost my objectivity. It is a sweet car but Lexus could have done so much better.
Old 03-29-05, 09:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by reggiek
I'm 6-2 275. I had a moment of weakness and decided to consider the sc430.....seeing as I am not really fond of the looks this was quite a revelation. Since my luxury coupe choices are few, had to give it a try. It is a Lexus. I was shocked to discover the lack of legroom in the car. I didn't even think of asking for a test drive after that....what would be the point. I've wondered why more athletes don't buy this car. Now I see why. It's claustrophobic in there. Lexus really missed the boat on this car....IMO. I know you guys love it and I do think it's a sweet car but it's kinda disappointing to us SC300/400 owners.
For those who wonder how I can say that....well, just cause it's not my ideal car doesn't mean I lost my objectivity. It is a sweet car but Lexus could have done so much better.
haha it's cool man, no one will kill you for what you say you have your right to say what you want, plus you put it so well, i dont' think anyone will get mad

dunno, maybe it's really the position or what, i could adjust it so that i couldn't even come close to reaching the pedals, i dont' think people's feet can be that long. but anyway

just to be fair (and i am being honest too), somehow i never feel connected with the sc3/4. it's a nice car and really got lexus out, but somehow i don't feel much about it. the sc430 though turned me on

guess coz' i am short
Old 03-29-05, 10:44 PM
vvking
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
boy, then you must really hate the previous gen Mustangs! I loved the new body style that came out a few years ago, but then I drove a few as rentals and could never adjust the seat far enough back to be comfortable (and, as you know from my previous posts, I'm 6'1" with most of my height in my torso).

I find the SC430 perfectly comfortable, but once I have my seat adjusted to a good driving position, there is about 1/2" between the seat back and the back seat cushion. I only use the back seat for extra cargo space.

Quick Reply: Warning...SC430 can be dangerous if...