SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Questions About SC430!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 12:12 AM
SSK0771
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Questions About SC430!!!

This is my first post on this forum. I recently bought 02' SC430 as a second car. It has 61K mi with 100K Platium Extented Warrenty for $35K which I think is pretty good deal . The car was Very well maintain and its in MINT/EXCELLENT Condition .

My 1st question is, I am thinking about getting some new wheels for my Lexus. What size and what wheels would you guys recomend.? I was thinking about just getting 18" wheels so I could use my stock tires and save money. Would it look awfuf if I just used stock tires with aftermarket wheels? I don't want to spend too much money on the wheels but on the other hand, I don't want some cheap wheels. I want something decent.

2nd question is, I want to get sway bars for my Lexus. Who makes sway bar for SC430 and how much do they cost?

3rd question, what are some common problems or issues with the SC430 if there is any? I know lots of cars out there have common problems. For example, Nissan 350Z (my other car) have tire feathering issue that has not been resolved and many Z's are getting new tranny because of 2 or 3 gear grind & loud rattling noise from the tranny.

Your input will be greatly appreciated .
Old 04-04-05, 12:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hi and welcome to clublexus. are you in socal or norcal? anyway, welcome

1) for wheels, there are so many choices and the prrice range is so wide, i don't think anyone can really suggest you anything. you just have to read and read and see what you like. i can suggest some but the price tags aren't good to look at.

2) and please throw away the stock tires..... those unflats are crap..... very stiff, and they are not even staggered setup. personally i fi get wheels i will get staggered setup for sure, wider for the rear look so much better for the car. and also you havet to be careful if you want to continue use the tire pressure sensor on the new wheels. not all wheels can take them

3) daizen is the only company that has sway bars for the car right now. 500 bucks. i have it, awesome stuff. imho it's a must to get rid of the bad roll of the stock car

4) if you get wheels, imho, get at lesat 19s. i would get only 20s. 18s are just like stock, i thikn it's not big enough. and plesae lower the car as well, it will look so much better

5) i have had my 05 for couple of months, i have no problem at all except some rattle and squeak, but those are no biggies. love my car