SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Throttle position sensor and nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-05, 09:02 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle position sensor and nitrous

I am looking into getting the zex wet nitrous kit for my sc430. I want the one that will shoot nitrous only when the throttle is fully opened. The only question I have had is if the lexus has a throttle position sensor with 5-10 volts or has the "drive by wire". So does the sc430 hav a normal tps?

Last edited by imbuggin; 04-08-05 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 12:31 PM
tfischer

Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

I have no idea what you are talking about, and periods always go inside the quotes, but I am pretty sure that the SC430 does have a drive by wire accelerator control, and only an emergency limited back-up mechanical system.

Isn't that nitrous what the dentists used to use?
Old 04-07-05, 12:50 PM
imbuggin
Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
I have no idea what you are talking about, and periods always go inside the quotes, but I am pretty sure that the SC430 does have a drive by wire accelerator control, and only an emergency limited back-up mechanical system.

Isn't that nitrous what the dentists used to use?
If you have nothing positive to help than don't post. First off sorry about the typo with a period outside the quotes. If I wanted my grammer checked I would ask. I don't need smart a$$ remarks. Plus your statement is a run-on sentence!

Also mr know it all you are WRONG! The sc430 Does have a standard TPS.

I also think you should go ask your dentist for some Nitrous oxide (it should shut you up ) here is the real history of it. Hope I get the quotes right for ya!

"The use of nitrous oxide (N2O) as a performance enhancement has been traced back to World War II, where it was employed to give Allied aircraft "emergency" boosts in both airspeed and altitude capabilities. However, with the advent of jet propulsion at the end of WWII, the government's interest in piston-powered aircraft waned, and for the most part, nitrous R&D was shelved.
There were sporadic attempts at using nitrous oxide in race cars over the next few decades, but since for the most part it was a clandestine, closely-guarded secret, and not too many people were aware of its existence.

Finally, in the 1970s, nitrous "came out of the closet". It was the hot topic of conversation. Especially since a number of entrepreneurs brought systems to market that were highly erratic, at best. It was at this point in time when a couple of successful automotive technicians and racers, Mike Thermos and Dale Vaznaian, saw there was a potential for nitrous -done right.

In 1978 Mike and Dale formed Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., and the rest is history. They didn't invent nitrous oxide -they simply perfected its use and elevated it to a position of prominence in the automotive performance community.

The company's early years were largely spent demonstrating that nitrous oxide was an efficient, safe and reliable form of performance enhancement. NOS has always been known for thoroughly engineering each application (unlike our competition), using only the best quality materials, and producing kits that were easy to install and built for long service. And with enthusiast publications like Hot Rod, Car Craft and Popular Hot Rodding, among many, informing their readerships with in-depth tech features on NOS systems for various applications, the word began to spread.

Perhaps the greatest boost to the popularity of nitrous oxide was the advent of drag racing's Pro Mod class. Early pioneers like Charles Carpenter, Bill Kuhlmann and Robby Vandergriff captured the imagination of race fans with their impressive performances with stock-bodied cars. And NOS was there for every performance milestone -the first 200 mph run by a "doorslammer," the first 6-second run, etc. In fact, every single key performance milestone with nitrous has been set by racers using NOS systems.

Today, with over twenty years experience building nitrous systems for racing and street applications, NOS remains THE dominant force in the industry. A great deal of the company's success can be attributed to its ongoing pursuit of perfection and extensive R&D efforts. Another key factor is the relationships that NOS has forged with leading racers and professional engine builders. Their input has served to keep the company on the leading edge of technology.

In 2002 NOS introduced the NOSzle systems for EFI cars. This design has revolutionized the nitrous industry.

As we enter the next millennium, NOS also defines a lifestyle... a lifestyle characterized by the movie, "The Fast and the Furious." This movie was a blockbuster hit during the summer of 2001, and established NOS as a household name. "

Last edited by imbuggin; 04-08-05 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 01:00 PM
tfischer

Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

Sorry.

I guess I was wrong about the control.

Thanks for the prompt feedback.
Old 04-07-05, 02:06 PM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tfisher, humoring the humorless!
Old 04-07-05, 04:23 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

I believe there are some photos of my Zex install somewhere on the forum. The installation on the TPS switch is pretty easy. I'd be glad to walk you through it when you get the system. I ran the 125 shot with no problem and torque was dynoed at 419ft/lbs.

Weny
Old 04-07-05, 07:30 PM
imbuggin
Driver

sc430blue Thanks. I knew someone had done it. That is the system I plan on using after some research. What was the downside of having the 125 no2 installed? Besides going through tires
Old 04-07-05, 10:28 PM
sexylexysc430
Driver

FYI... a period can go outside of the quotation mark if you're making a citation in a research paper:

"Smoking is a definitive cause of lung cancer" (Collins et al. 295).
Old 04-08-05, 04:56 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by imbuggin
sc430blue Thanks. I knew someone had done it. That is the system I plan on using after some research. What was the downside of having the 125 no2 installed? Besides going through tires
Filling up the tank every week. Gets addicting. I add octane boost as well. The stock ecu compensates if you dont add it but the horsepower is restricted. Make sure you get a purge kit as well. Now that the season is heating up, you may not need one now but I would get a bottle hearter too.

Weny
Old 04-08-05, 07:24 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Originally Posted by sc430blue
Filling up the tank every week. Gets addicting. I add octane boost as well. The stock ecu compensates if you dont add it but the horsepower is restricted. Make sure you get a purge kit as well. Now that the season is heating up, you may not need one now but I would get a bottle hearter too.

Weny
Thanks alot...maybe I will have to get 2 tanks
Old 04-08-05, 03:20 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Originally Posted by imbuggin
If you have nothing positive to help than don't post. First off sorry about the typo with a period outside the quotes. If I wanted my grammer checked I would ask. I don't need smart a$$ remarks. Plus your statement is a run-on sentence!

Also mr know it all you are WRONG! The sc430 Does have a standard TPS.

I also think you should go ask your dentist for some Nitrous oxide (it should shut you up ) here is the real history of it. Hope I get the quotes right for ya!
I think your being way to critical on tfischer's comment. I'm sure he didn't mean to be a smart ***. Clublexus is a place where people can join, comment and help each other about their lexus vehicles. Not to purposely be an ***. And hey, everyone makes speling/grammermistakes!
Old 04-09-05, 12:44 PM
imbuggin
Driver

Originally Posted by herragge
I think your being way to critical on tfischer's comment. I'm sure he didn't mean to be a smart ***. Clublexus is a place where people can join, comment and help each other about their lexus vehicles. Not to purposely be an ***. And hey, everyone makes speling/grammermistakes!

I agree everyone makes spelling/grammer mistakes. So why point out a period goes inside/outside the quotes unless you are trying to be a smart ***. Maybe i took it wrong? I am over it so lets just forget it. I got my answer from weny.
Old 08-26-07, 10:42 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

How hard was the install? Where can I get this kit? Any dynos? My SC needs some more kick. Install pics would be nice too.

Also, where is a good place to get refills in San Francisco?
Old 08-26-07, 10:48 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

Wow, bringing back an old thread. Sounds good though.
Old 08-27-07, 12:21 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PVlexus
Wow, bringing back an old thread. Sounds good though.
Back in the day I used to bug people for not reviving old relavent threads. =P

Quick Reply: Throttle position sensor and nitrous