SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Blue High Beam Headlghts SC430

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-05, 12:57 PM
djmichel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blue High Beam Headlghts SC430

Has anyone installed aftermarket blue high beam headlights in their SC430? Supposed to improve night driving as well as appearance. Anyone know how to remove the Headlight module to get at the sockets? I found these headlights on EBay for around 12-20 dollars. Supposedly just plug and play, after you figure out how to get the module removed. They require no rewiring. Thanks, Dave
Old 05-14-05, 06:51 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like u just got some blue bulbs... just pull the old bulb out and put the new one in....
Old 05-15-05, 05:55 AM
djmichel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to get to back of Light Assembly

Dynasty, thanks for the info, any idea how to access the socket on the back of the light assembly. Looks like the whole assembly must be removed to get to the socket. Is it easier to remove the entire light assembly or remove the competents blocking access to the rear of the light assembly. Thanks, Dave
Old 05-15-05, 11:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you can't get to the high beam bulb from the back?

anyway, if you dont' use high beam at night, i dont know how that will "impove" the night time driving?
Old 05-15-05, 03:34 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You are in LUCK!!!

I changed my High Beam yesterday and it was little tougher than I thought but not too much. I hope you have small hands.

On the driver side, you have to remove the panel that run on left side. Its little tight but you can get to it.

On the passenger side, you have to remove the air fiter box. There are 4 bolts that are hold the air filter box. just remove it and you can reach the bulbs.

Real ****** is changing the Fog lights. This is the worst car I ever dealt with when chaning the fog light bulbs.The worse side is the drivers side. Because of the water tank, you really can not see how the bulb fits and there is very limited space so you can barely fit your fingers in.

Does, anyone know a easier way to get to the fog lights?
Old 05-15-05, 07:55 PM
MarsB007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the whole 2003 SC430 HID light assembly fit the 2004 SC430? Due to thieves my right headlight has been damaged and I'm looking for a replacement... any ideas?
Old 05-16-05, 02:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MarsB007
does the whole 2003 SC430 HID light assembly fit the 2004 SC430? Due to thieves my right headlight has been damaged and I'm looking for a replacement... any ideas?
yeah they should be the same.
Old 05-16-05, 02:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SSK0771
You are in LUCK!!!

I changed my High Beam yesterday and it was little tougher than I thought but not too much. I hope you have small hands.

On the driver side, you have to remove the panel that run on left side. Its little tight but you can get to it.

On the passenger side, you have to remove the air fiter box. There are 4 bolts that are hold the air filter box. just remove it and you can reach the bulbs.

Real ****** is changing the Fog lights. This is the worst car I ever dealt with when chaning the fog light bulbs.The worse side is the drivers side. Because of the water tank, you really can not see how the bulb fits and there is very limited space so you can barely fit your fingers in.

Does, anyone know a easier way to get to the fog lights?
i am curious, how do you change your foglights right now? from the wheel well?

and to be honest i really want to find out how do you change the parking lights that's on the side of the headlights.... those are like totally impossible to reach or what?! i can't seem to find a way at all...
Old 05-16-05, 08:38 AM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd also like to do both (headlights and fog lamps) -- any help is appreciated.

I had the dealer install PIAA's for the DRL/high beams, fog lamps, and side bulbs in the headlamp housing. I wanted a crisper looking light (not blue) -- why have such off-white bulbs around the HIDs?

The DRLs (Super White 9005) didn't last a month.
The fog lamps (Ion H3) just burned out last month.
The wedge bulbs (168 Super Whites) are still going strong.

I really like the PIAA Ion Crystal bulbs -- they're the color that fog lamps are SUPPOSED to be (and they look great with the Midnight Pine):
http://www.autosupermart.com/store/s...at=Ion%20Bulbs

I put my car up on ramps & tried to reach them from the bottom -- no luck.
I got the plastic pan off without a problem, and I could see the wires for the bulbs going into the housing, but I couldn't figure out how to get to the bulb. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Even though the SC is definitely not user-friendly when it comes to maintenance, I'd like to be able to do SOMETHING myself!

As for the DRLs, I'm going to try the Sylvania SilverStars. I was concerned that removing the housing for the bulbs would disturb their alignment. From the info in this thread, I assume that's not the case.

Last edited by antigeek; 05-16-05 at 09:41 AM. Reason: meant DRLs, not low beams
Old 05-16-05, 09:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

low beam?! silverstar? the low beam are hid d2s type, that's different from other halogen bulbs

i tried to look from bottom and from the wheel well too, doesn' look easy at all.... funny coz' if you look at the back on the backup light, they are actually super easy to replace.... it's hard to imagine why it's so hard to do from the front......