SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

oK, so maybe I'm sloppy, or function over form?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 11:29 PM
REInvestor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oK, so maybe I'm sloppy, or function over form?

Hello all,

I am in the market for a new sc430 and the dealer said that he has only one car in stock, which was a sand and ecru color combo. I am messy and I'm scared that I'll spill something on the ecru and that will be "all she wrote". Hows the upkeep on such a light color? Could I get lamb skin seat covers or seat covers that don't look they came out of my old kia? Thanks, Tim
Old 05-23-05, 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by REInvestor
Hello all,

I am in the market for a new sc430 and the dealer said that he has only one car in stock, which was a sand and ecru color combo. I am messy and I'm scared that I'll spill something on the ecru and that will be "all she wrote". Hows the upkeep on such a light color? Could I get lamb skin seat covers or seat covers that don't look they came out of my old kia? Thanks, Tim
if even you admit that you are sloppy and messy, don't get the ecru, avoid it at all cost. even if you condition and maintain it carefully every week or every 2 weeks, it' snot easy to keep it clean and mark free. that's one hard interior to keep clean
Old 05-25-05, 10:31 AM
Bubba
Driver School Candidate

Don't get the sand/ecru. I was in a similar situation for a used SC with none locally and only the same color combination about an hour away. While it was certainly nice, the deciding factor was when my friend said, "It's kind of a boring and a girlie color combination." I decided to wait a bit since I realy wanted the dark green or black. I was glad I did because I found the dark green and saddle leather with black carpeting (great for hiding stains) only two days later and for a better price.
Old 05-25-05, 10:40 AM
beachdrive
Rookie

Default Ecru Interior

I have had a silver SC430 with Ecru for three years now. I have treated the seats with leather cleaner and leather conditioner about every 4 months. I have never had any of the problems others have mentioned. The seats and interior looks as good as when I bought the car (new).

I only have 23,000 miles on the car, so I don't have as much use as perhaps some others who drive even more often. Every dirt mark or stain I have seen on the seat has come off with cleaner (might have even used 409 once). For me the light color was important as I wanted a car and interior that would reflect as much heat as possible and keep the car cooler in hot top-down weather. It has acomplished this well.
Old 05-25-05, 11:04 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're **** retentive like me, then you shouldn't have to worry about any color/combo.

I hand wipe all the leather in my '03 SC430 Millenium Silver w/ Black/Walnut interior every weekend for the past 1 1/2 years (rain or shine).

I use Meguiar's Letaher wipes and condition the leather every month w/ a good conditioner.

I know I'll suffer thru the summer months w/ the black leather, but a good window sunscreen cover should keep most of heat from trapping into the cockpit.

When I initially sit in the cockpit, i'ts like I'm just driving it off the showroom floor the very first day I bought it, except for the fact that it's 1.5 years old. It's like I've never left the showroom floor.

the amount of time and effort that you put into caring for your car, is the amount of pleasure, satisfaction, quality and enjoyment that you will have for the duration of the car's lifespan.

One more thing, a good brush is good to dust the console and other knicks and crannies along the AT console and leather tight spots. It's comes in handy when you got the top down and all kinds of sh-t start blowing into the cabin area (front and back).

teeman3
50+ coats of Zaino and counting....

Last edited by martini3; 05-25-05 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-25-05, 11:04 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have red/ecru and totally agree with BeachDrive. I condition it two or three times a year and it stays very nice. Also, If you ever plan to park your car with the top down in the sun, its the only color that will not fry your backside when you get it.

George