SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Costco Price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-05, 05:51 AM
MNPine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 928owner
Thanks,

But after my last fiasco with Longo, I can't do business with them, sorry but they "cooked their own goose" when they sold me my SC400 with the WRONG tires (not to mention the bondo front fender)... the tire issue could have KILLED ME, so sorry, but NO LONGO PLEASE! No more of that, especially whenpaying this kind of $$$.

So many times dealers do not look at the long term picture. of course you are like me keeping your cars a number of years. some dealers seem to discount buyers who are not turning their cars every two to three years. i am glad i don't have to deal with Longo.

I have to ask could the problem have been with an individual at the dealership rather than the dealership itself ?
Old 06-18-05, 07:12 PM
rew2u
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try CarMAX

I just picked up a very nice 2002 w/ 22K miles in excellent condition at a price just above what Edmunds and others place as FMV for a private sale and well below any dealer offer I could find. I don't know yet how it will work out in the long run, but so far so good. They claim to do a pretty thorough check out, provide you the Carfax history, give you a 5 day unconditional return (during which I had an independent inspection performed), and a 30day limited warrantly on any major hidden defects.
Old 06-20-05, 08:08 AM
928owner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MN,

The problem with the situation was that I did not discover the problem (wrong tire sizes) myself until two years later. Longo should have caught it at once as I brought rhe car back several times for "bottoming out". The front lip fell off on the freeeway after being "beaten to death" and they replaced that (after a little arm-wrestling). The service manager at the time even drove it and claimed "nothing wrong" and I would just have to be careful... so I was. Then one day the car spun out and whacked a pole. The insurance company inspected the car and found that 50 series tires were put on and refused the claim because of "modifications". Well, I modified nothing, and when I spoke to Dorthy at Longo, she said I should have told them earlier. I was SCREWED and could have got hurt.

So no matter what they do, say or whatever, they (Longo) will never get a dollar of my money again as either the service manager at the time was incompetent or simply lied. Now I want to save money like everyone else, but Longo will never see another dime of mine as I have no tolerance for that nonsense...

The whole truth...928
Old 06-20-05, 10:51 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, sorry to hear of the accident and bad experience at longo.

i didn't get burned nearly as bad, but i had bought 2 cars in 01 at longo, then when it was time for the 04 SC, i had a really bad salesman experience. complained to the GM and dorothy as well, and they basically did nothing. that was disappointing. it is one thing to get a bad salesperson and never do biz with that person again, but another thing to find out the "customer service person" does nothing about it. i wonder why they even have that person working there, other than make mandatory follow up phone calls after sales so you can check off the appropriate box on the survey. i walked away from the deal, even after the price was negotiated, and went to glendale instead, who not only beat the price, but was much more "gracious" then longo salespeople could ever be. and haven't looked back since. i won't give longo a dime either in the future.

don't mean to bash longo for all your longo fans out there, but just wanted to share a story - it's not just about the $$, it's about the experience too. and sometimes i think longo's size and competitiveness affects the way their people treat customers.