Costco Price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-05, 04:35 PM
928owner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Costco Price?

Hi,

I am in the process of looking at replacing my SC400 with a new, or year old SC430. I have been studying the market and will be purchasing an SC430 soon. There seems no real benifit with the 2006 upcomming model and I really don't need a six speed auto or LED tail lights.

I am interested in using the Costco buyers program, and wonder if anyone has used this to buy their SC430? If so, let me know what the mark-up from invoice is (I don't know if the Lexus dealers are offered holdbacks from Lexus as well).

BTW, am I athe only one who thinks the Pebble Beach edition needs a felt hat and a feather as part of the otion kit?

Looking for a red/saddle, silver/saddle or (not another) black/sadle SC430.......

Old 06-16-05, 07:22 PM
MNPine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 928owner
Hi,

I am in the process of looking at replacing my SC400 with a new, or year old SC430. I have been studying the market and will be purchasing an SC430 soon. There seems no real benifit with the 2006 upcomming model and I really don't need a six speed auto or LED tail lights.

I am interested in using the Costco buyers program, and wonder if anyone has used this to buy their SC430? If so, let me know what the mark-up from invoice is (I don't know if the Lexus dealers are offered holdbacks from Lexus as well).

BTW, am I athe only one who thinks the Pebble Beach edition needs a felt hat and a feather as part of the otion kit?

Looking for a red/saddle, silver/saddle or (not another) black/sadle SC430.......

I don't have details but we checked into the CostCo buyers program for a 2005 SC430. The deal was no better than the deal we were offered when we were in the showroom. We ended up buying a 2004 with 3k miles on it for significant savings.

Of course your Costco deal might offer a better deal.
Old 06-16-05, 10:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i checked on the price at costco too, nothing exciting. i got better deals with my sales at the dealership

the 06 is better since it has the 6 speed auto instead of the 5 speed. by driving the old and new ls430 with 5 and 6 speed, the 6 speed is a lot more responsive and also faster
Old 06-17-05, 08:25 AM
928owner
Driver

Red face Thanks!

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the Costco deal is flat, but does anyone have a dealre in S. CA that offers the killer deals (NOT Longo)? I bought my SC400 at Longo, and it was a mess... two years after buying it, I found out they put the wrong size tires on it (after spinning out, they put 50 series, which were underrated for the car and as I found out affected the ABS system), of course, they denied it, and that is that. It also had extensive body work that I discovered years latter. I simply will not trust that dealer again, especially paying top dollar.

I keep my cars for ten years, so this is a long-term item for me.

Is there any pricing on the 2006? I might wait if Toyota hasn't jacked up the price.

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-17-05, 09:41 AM
mahroni
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the Costco deal is flat, but does anyone have a dealre in S. CA that offers the killer deals (NOT Longo)? I bought my SC400 at Longo, and it was a mess... two years after buying it, I found out they put the wrong size tires on it (after spinning out, they put 50 series, which were underrated for the car and as I found out affected the ABS system), of course, they denied it, and that is that. It also had extensive body work that I discovered years latter. I simply will not trust that dealer again, especially paying top dollar.

I keep my cars for ten years, so this is a long-term item for me.

Is there any pricing on the 2006? I might wait if Toyota hasn't jacked up the price.

Thanks again!!!

Try Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. Talk to David Drews (Fleet Manager).
Old 06-17-05, 10:22 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm a big fan of Glendale. good salespeople, quick transactions. got a great deal from them on the SC last year, they even beat longo. 58048. i was a huge fan of longo before, but recently i have had bad experiences there, so i switched.
Old 06-17-05, 10:26 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, and i agree with the others, costco pricing doesn't get you close to negotiated prices - it's only a fixed price above invoice, that's it. you can do better on your own. the only thing i find it useful for is if you are buying a brand new model at MSRP, there might be some discounts available. don't know if Lexus participates w/ new models, but this was true when i looked at the acura TL a year ago.
Old 06-17-05, 10:56 AM
928owner
Driver

Thanks for saving me tons of time folks.

It is good to know what others paid so I can go in with a comparible list. No way will I pay close to MSRP, that is for "impulse" buyers.

The only options I want is the rim locks & truck mat, forget the run flats.

I may wait to see what the 2006 goes for, but if a deal comes along on a 2004/2005 in the color combo I want, then I will go for it.

Thanks again folks (and I am glad to hear I am not the only one who was "had" by Longo, but NEVER again).
Old 06-17-05, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lexus of glendale. i know a very good person over there and i can hook you up if you want
Old 06-17-05, 01:34 PM
928owner
Driver

Thanks!

I may just wait until the 2006 is released now bsed on the comments made earlier, unless I get a killer deal. This will not be a lease or finance, so sometimes they don't deal as much because they loose some profit. The way June Gloom (to down) has been at the beach lately, the sun may not come out until September anyhow

Thanks again, I really do appeciate the help!

Old 06-17-05, 01:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thanks!

I may just wait until the 2006 is released now bsed on the comments made earlier, unless I get a killer deal. This will not be a lease or finance, so sometimes they don't deal as much because they loose some profit. The way June Gloom (to down) has been at the beach lately, the sun may not come out until September anyhow

Thanks again, I really do appeciate the help!

sure, but just keep in mind on the following:

lexus is always pretty good on estimating the new yr and the number of cars. the new cars will arrive around aug so end of july to early sug is your best chance to get the 05 sc430 at good price, and still be able to choose color, if that's something you care.

however, i have a feeling that there will not be a lot of sc430 left, coz' the new gs is selling well, so they bring quite a bit of them. the rx400h is selling very good too and they take up some slots. and also, the new IS will be hot seller for sure and they need to allocate a lot of space for them

lexus cna only import so many lexus on boats every yr, so in order to maintain the number, they wil have to limit the number of some cars coming in. i think the sc430 and the ls430 will take the hit since the es330 is selling well.

if that's the case, that means there wont' be a lot of sc430 on the lot and that will limit your bargaining power
Old 06-17-05, 02:02 PM
LongoLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default Longo lexus internet sales manager

Whats going on. I saw your request for some costco information. My name is Marc Fata and I am the internet sales manager at Longo lexus. I have many sc430 vehicles in stock as we speak and have the car myself as well. The internet fleet price is 1000 over but I could give you a special Club price of 750 over plus fees. my cell phone is 909 802 6568.

Contact me at your convenience so I can answer any other questions you may have.

Hi,

Old 06-17-05, 02:06 PM
LongoLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default SC430 pricing for Club Lexus

I will definetly take care of you in terms of pricing. Just contact me directly and I will fill you in. But Longo Lexus is the Largest volume dealership in the entire USA and cannot be undersold. We have a special aggreement with CLub Lexus to have special financing and pricing for all club lexus members. I can assure you that you will not regret it.

Originally Posted by LongoLexus
Whats going on. I saw your request for some costco information. My name is Marc Fata and I am the internet sales manager at Longo lexus. I have many sc430 vehicles in stock as we speak and have the car myself as well. The internet fleet price is 1000 over but I could give you a special Club price of 750 over plus fees. my cell phone is 909 802 6568.

Contact me at your convenience so I can answer any other questions you may have.
Old 06-17-05, 02:07 PM
928owner
Driver

Thanks,

But after my last fiasco with Longo, I can't do business with them, sorry but they "cooked their own goose" when they sold me my SC400 with the WRONG tires (not to mention the bondo front fender)... the tire issue could have KILLED ME, so sorry, but NO LONGO PLEASE! No more of that, especially whenpaying this kind of $$$.

Old 06-17-05, 08:40 PM
SC430icand
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Good for you!

SC430icand

Quick Reply: Costco Price?