2002 Lexus : SC430 Bad service

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-05, 12:42 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2002 Lexus : SC430 Bad service

Just found this on Ebay.
click here
I guess the service quality is still quite different from dealership to dealership even they are Lexus.
Old 06-28-05, 03:56 AM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow ... crazy
Old 06-28-05, 05:34 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I just don't get the idea of the Ebay seller advertising his/her SC for sale, and the bad service experience w/ Lexus (totally unnecessary to bring up), and there are people actually bidding for the car!
Old 06-28-05, 08:05 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by talwang
Just found this on Ebay.
click here
I guess the service quality is still quite different from dealership to dealership even they are Lexus.
The man is not alone. All Lexus dealers are not perfect and some are even worse than this one . Lexus of Sacramento has to be at the top of the bottom list.
Old 06-28-05, 10:11 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by lexusk8
I just don't get the idea of the Ebay seller advertising his/her SC for sale, and the bad service experience w/ Lexus (totally unnecessary to bring up), and there are people actually bidding for the car!
People are bidding on that car because they think they may get a good deal.

Also, the seller uses the id "lexusjunk". The problems he mentioned on that auction are minor although pretty annoying.
Unless the seller has set a pretty low reserve like under 30k, chances are he just wants express his frustration and disgrace the image of Lexus.
Old 06-28-05, 10:22 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by lkirchner
The man is not alone. All Lexus dealers are not perfect and some are even worse than this one . Lexus of Sacramento has to be at the top of the bottom list.
I agree...
One of the Lexus dealers here in Houston likes to avoid the warranty job and blame the problems on me as much as possible.
The other one needs to fix the same problem at least twice, so I just take the advantage of their loaner car (es/is/rx) whenever I want to go out of of town for fun.
Old 06-28-05, 09:50 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

I think that is great that the person has put the terrible lexus service experience out there for to the world to view. frankly I too am fed up with the terrible service Lexus in NJ is providing. Three dealerships within the 75 miles radius !
Old 06-28-05, 10:42 PM
ayu910
Driver School Candidate

I agree, nowadays Lexus for some reason doesn't perform the same as before (5 years ago). Service within warranty most of time is ok but out of or in question type of warranty repair some dealer can be rough to deal with.
Old 06-29-05, 01:07 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

I agree. 5 years ago service used to be great.
I guess now because sales are better they don't care much about service.
but in due time it will create a downfall for lexus because you buy once, but you service it for the rest of the ownership time. And if the existing customers arent happy they obviously won't purchase lexus as their next vehicle, neither will they recommend others to do so.
I used to recommend lexus as having good service but not anymore.
Old 06-29-05, 05:08 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, a lot of people here are stating their displeasure of the Lexus service dept. I guess I'm in the small minority where I've experienced nothing but excellent service from the dealerships around my state (CT). Service experience is all relative, and most of the time, it stems all the way down to the actual "customer-service" relations, so it's hard to totally dismiss the fact that all Lexus dealerships are bad to the customers.
Old 06-29-05, 10:50 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Default bad service cont'd

I agree with the bad service comments. I had a BMW 330i before my SC430 and I was treated like a King at BMW and Lexus treats me like crap... Im a young guy with tattoos so maybe they treat young guys worse, who knows? The turn around time and professionalism of the whole service operation is terrible compared to BMW's. Oh well, maybe I will buy an M4 for my next ride if the bad service continues.
Old 06-29-05, 11:41 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

I've been treated like gold at my Annapolis dealership. I brought my car in for warranty work on the trunk shocks and had my headlamp replaced for water condensation - Loaner car was given and follow up was excellent.....

Weny
Old 06-29-05, 02:40 PM
sueio
Driver School Candidate

So far, service has been satisfactory. They tend to be conservative on fixing possible problems. For example, 10 days to resolve an upholstery problem. They offer free at home pickup and delivery, loaner car, and car wash on every visit.
Old 06-29-05, 02:53 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sueio
So far, service has been satisfactory. They tend to be conservative on fixing possible problems. For example, 10 days to resolve an upholstery problem. They offer free at home pickup and delivery, loaner car, and car wash on every visit.

Glad to hear that. Lexus of Sacramento is also conservative 8 times to resolve an upholstery problem (never did resolve it). Free loaner and a car wash resplendent with scratches from the broom they use to wash the car on every visit if you let them.
Old 06-29-05, 04:02 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with the general sentiment that service at lexus is not the same caliber as it once was. it's partially b/c bmw and mb got on the ball and narrowed the gap, and it's also b/c lexus has become a little too laid back about it.

i bought my first lexus in 98, and the service was amazing. nowadays it is just satisfactory. i used to complain about ticks and rattles, and they were so quick to fix them - with no grunts, just a smile. now i get the look of death - the another-nitpicky-too-much-time-on-their-hands-customer. now something has to REALLY bother me to complain about it, b/c i don't want to deal w/ lazy techs who come back to me with "cannot duplicate" on the workorder.

Quick Reply: 2002 Lexus : SC430 Bad service