can any1 confirm this 2006 info ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-05, 11:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by PBEchicago
ATTN: "veryme" in Kuwait.

While I must give you an "A" for effort with the reproduction of the "premium brown" color chip, it comes across to me as a peach pastel or the skin color of a fair-skinned Caucasian.

The only part of the photos that appears to be BROWN is the background beyond the perimeter of the color chart . . .
Why is that ?
I cropped the premium brown color from his 2 pics & put them together, it certainly looks like a darkish brown color to me :
Attached Thumbnails can any1 confirm this 2006 info ?-1.jpg  
Old 07-03-05, 11:51 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RE: the NEW 2006 "Pebble Beach Edition" and the possible exterior color of "tiger(s) eye mica" and/or "premium brown".

If anyone can read Japanese, they may pursue this further at the following Web site:http://www.eguchi-iwao.co.jp :
Old 07-03-05, 12:19 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Thanks for your characteristically fine contribution, "AmethySC". I would not be the least surprised if "tiger(s) eye mica" exterior paint virtually matches your pics of the Madrid Auto Show's Carolina Herrera Special Edition with traces of "gold" flakes/mica.

"veryme": Does the "premium brown" that you viewed in Kuwait appear identical to the earlier pictures of the Carolina Herrera edition? I would describe that color as a medium to dark brown, perhaps the color of chocolate. Did "premium brown" have any gold tint or flaking?

Otherwise, all of us in the USA should know much more about the 2006 PBE in a week or so.
Old 07-03-05, 01:30 PM
veryme
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PBEchicago
Thanks for your characteristically fine contribution, "AmethySC". I would not be the least surprised if "tiger(s) eye mica" exterior paint virtually matches your pics of the Madrid Auto Show's Carolina Herrera Special Edition with traces of "gold" flakes/mica.

"veryme": Does the "premium brown" that you viewed in Kuwait appear identical to the earlier pictures of the Carolina Herrera edition? I would describe that color as a medium to dark brown, perhaps the color of chocolate. Did "premium brown" have any gold tint or flaking?

Otherwise, all of us in the USA should know much more about the 2006 PBE in a week or so.

hey ,, the color does not look like the pic of Carolina Herrera edition ,, yes it had that golden tint thingy ,, but i must say that it was rich with color you know ? i mean if you look at it sideways its different ,, yes its kinda dark ,, but with light its more of a dark bronze color mixed with tiny bit of glittery gold.

thats all i can say ,, surprissingly no one commented on the Camel leather ,, are the pics that bad ? LooL again im really sorry for messing it all up
Old 07-03-05, 02:13 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

"veryme":

Progress!

Your adjustment of the color chart and your last msg make "premium brown" more clear. Apparently it does have a color code of 4T2 "tiger(s) eye pearl/mica" and is made by "Daiwa Paint" www.daiwa-co.com in Yokohama, Japan rather than Eguchi-Iwao. Thank you.

Last edited by PBEchicago; 07-03-05 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-03-05, 02:36 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by veryme
hey ,, the color does not look like the pic of Carolina Herrera edition ,, yes it had that golden tint thingy ,, but i must say that it was rich with color you know ? i mean if you look at it sideways its different ,, yes its kinda dark ,, but with light its more of a dark bronze color mixed with tiny bit of glittery gold.
Yeah, it's the type of paint that looks different under different light conditions & different angles, that's why I still think it's likely the same color as the Carolina Herrera edition since it probably look different in a picture of the car taken at a certain lighting condition, & you can't really compare only a picture of the car with what you see on a color palette, they likely won't create that color for just the Madrid show Thanks for the pictures & the info , glad to hear that the hp reduction is not true according to your dealer.
Old 07-03-05, 06:01 PM
LEXTECH
Driver School Candidate

Red face

Originally Posted by bearsteve
That is all well and good on the colors, but did the dealer have any info on performance changes??
Preformance changes, pfft! that poor car has been the same uder the hood since '01 and won't get a full change until the next generation which then it will be the SC500, still it's a beautiful car especially in the interior and drives nice.
Old 07-03-05, 11:32 PM
veryme
Rookie

AmethySC // i must agree with you // ur analysis makes sense // if only theres a high quality pic of C.Harrera .

PBEChicago, im really pleased that you found the pics useful.
i only have a lil request // can u provide a direct link to the color ur talking about (yokohama) couz i went there and all i saw was what services they provide and stuff like that but no pics.

thank u in advance
Old 07-04-05, 05:34 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

The Fourth of July, 2005. Happy 229th Birthday, USA!

After talking with the new car sales mgr. at my local Lexus dealer (McGrath of Chicago), I've been advised that Lexus USA is having staff meeting(s) about the fall line-up including the color combinations by next weekend. I'm going to check with him next Monday, July 11.

Perhaps, concerned North American "Club Lexus" members can check in with their local dealers about particulars. Obviously, like you, I'm most interested in the new 2006 PBE and this "premium brown" or "tiger(s) eye pearl/mica" exterior paint with the "camel" leather and "espresso" dark brown wood.

Aside from the colors and new "bells and whistles", I'm also interested in the number of 2006 PBEs that will be available world-wide. The original PBE ("Azure Pearl" or sky blue metallic with "ecru" leather) was limited to only 400 units, all in North America. The 2005 PBE ("Diamond Black" with "Pimento Red" leather) sold 600 units.

Check with our respective local dealers and with any luck, we should have actual photos, etc. within a week.

Being the proud owner of an original 2004 PBE, I can only add that I had to pay the full MSRP "sticker" price plus taxes and fees. Also, first come, first served. I got mine in mid September, 2003 and the PBEs were quickly sold out.
Old 07-08-05, 08:03 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

The original post by "veryme" from Kuwait is essentially CONFIRMED as of July 7, 2005. The 2006 "Pebble Beach" Edition is described as "TigerEye Mica" with Camel interior and Espresso Dark Brown wood.

For particulars, see NEW thread entitled "NEW 2006 Lexus SC 430 (Confirmed Data)".