Help me decide ,, its important

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05, 04:19 AM
veryme
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide ,, its important

hey you guys ,, hope ur all well ..

ok ,, so i need you to help me decide buy the New SC ,, you see (And as you all know " im crazy in love " with it " but im afraid it will change completly soon ,, so i need some1 to tell me or predict when will it change from head to toe ,, i dont wanna buy it and then cry my heart out ,, if you know what i mean ,,

Thank You all in advance ,,
Old 07-10-05, 05:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

I think with the refresh this Fall, it will likely be at least another 2 years before there will be a total redesign.
Old 07-11-05, 12:27 AM
veryme
Rookie

thanxxx for the info amethy // this really cooled down my heart // u'll be the first to recieve my SC's pics when i buy it
Old 07-11-05, 05:48 AM
MNPine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unless you have to have a SC now you may want to wait until the new model arrives.

you could enjoy one now or wait and not look back.
Old 07-11-05, 02:15 PM
veryme
Rookie

Originally Posted by MNPine
unless you have to have a SC now you may want to wait until the new model arrives.

you could enjoy one now or wait and not look back.

You know what ?? i thought about doing the same thing BUT ,, i called Lexus here ( we dont have dealers - only the main company ) so i told them
" HEY !! what if the model changed completly ?? "
Lexus : " well you can bring your car in at anytime and we`ll do a good estimation on how much its worth ,, THEN ,, you just have to pay for the price difference and get the new SC or which ever car you want "

so im excited !!
Old 07-11-05, 04:13 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Cool

Of course Lexus said to bring it in and pay the difference. You will lose good cash if you fall for that one. Why dont you do what I did, buy a 2002 SC430 with about 20,000 miles on it with a certified warranty for around 40K and then once the new one comes out I can decide to upgrade without fear of losing a lot of money. Maybe you are rich though, so do whatever makes you happy! I would never buy a 2005 or even a 2004 for that matter, because there is no difference from the 2002's.
Old 07-11-05, 05:28 PM
MNPine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veryme
You know what ?? i thought about doing the same thing BUT ,, i called Lexus here ( we dont have dealers - only the main company ) so i told them
" HEY !! what if the model changed completly ?? "
Lexus : " well you can bring your car in at anytime and we`ll do a good estimation on how much its worth ,, THEN ,, you just have to pay for the price difference and get the new SC or which ever car you want "

so im excited !!

yes, the same deal was offered to a friend of mine on a Corvette trade. when it came time to trade in/up the trade in value was very low. you loose and the dealership wins.

get it in writing if you think your head will be turned by the new SC.
Old 07-11-05, 09:23 PM
veryme
Rookie

Originally Posted by sc430mike
Of course Lexus said to bring it in and pay the difference. You will lose good cash if you fall for that one. Why dont you do what I did, buy a 2002 SC430 with about 20,000 miles on it with a certified warranty for around 40K and then once the new one comes out I can decide to upgrade without fear of losing a lot of money. Maybe you are rich though, so do whatever makes you happy! I would never buy a 2005 or even a 2004 for that matter, because there is no difference from the 2002's.

Mike & MnPine, i love you for the advice i can sense its from the heart ,, and no i aint rich ,, im just a normal guy. look ,, heres what i`ll do ,, i`ll buy the 2006 SC ,, and if they changed it by 2008 i`ll just find one of the ppl i know and tell them that im selling it if they are interested ,, but first i`ll see how much lexus will estimate ,, if they gave me a very low low low price i`ll just ignore them and let friends or a take my sc to a place called (HarraYeee) its basically a place where there is a crowd of ppl checking out other ppl's cars and if the car is good they buy it ,, and here is the thing ,, THEY PAY !! loool ehehee ,, they really do pay BIG ,, so i think this is another option ,, and even if that didnt work ,, i`ll take it to another CAR SHOPPING center sponsered by a bank that i work in called K.F.H (Kuwait Finance House) and they`ll buy it ,, im so sure they will just like how hot ham is sold in christmas

sorry if i wrote lottsa info ,, un-needed things ehehee
Old 07-12-05, 04:32 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are "crazy in love" with the car, then buy it. So what if its design is changed for the next model year?

I purchased my 2002 in July 2001 - liked the way it looked then, like the way it looks even more now, and if Lexus comes out with a design change, I'll still like my 2002 for several years to come.
Old 07-12-05, 06:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 1NICESC430
If you are "crazy in love" with the car, then buy it. So what if its design is changed for the next model year?

I purchased my 2002 in July 2001 - liked the way it looked then, like the way it looks even more now, and if Lexus comes out with a design change, I'll still like my 2002 for several years to come.
I agree & you may not even like the new one more right away.
Old 07-13-05, 02:29 AM
veryme
Rookie

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I agree & you may not even like the new one more right away.
Both of you ,,, havent you seen the EXTREME MAKE OVER that was made on the GS ?? the car is something else right now ,, way up there in heaven ,, and im sure they will do the same to the totally NEW SC ,, even if i didnt like it right away ,, i have to get it ,, its lexus were dealing with ,, remember ,, i mean come on ,, to me ,, Lexus never disapointed me ,, NEVER
Old 07-13-05, 05:09 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you *are* in a dilemma.

You love the SC, but you will love it even more if Lexus does an EXTREME MAKEOVER but you don't know when that will happen. So I guess you'll just have to wait. You've never been disappointed by the Lexus design team, so I'm sure you'll just love whatever they come up with whenever they come up with it. During your wait, the money you set aside to buy the car will be gaining interest.

Using upper case text and punctuation where appropriate makes a post much easier to read.
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-05, 11:12 PM
veryme
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1NICESC430
Well, you *are* in a dilemma.

You love the SC, but you will love it even more if Lexus does an EXTREME MAKEOVER but you don't know when that will happen. So I guess you'll just have to wait. You've never been disappointed by the Lexus design team, so I'm sure you'll just love whatever they come up with whenever they come up with it. During your wait, the money you set aside to buy the car will be gaining interest.

Using upper case text and punctuation where appropriate makes a post much easier to read.

LOOOOL i get ur point ,, btw i love the lil baby pic you have ,, sooo cute !