Wald Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by talwang
To KevsSC:
The Tom's roof spoiler fits perfectly on SC430; however it is quite huge, I took another shot from different angle with a pack of Marlboro lights on it , so you can tell how huge it really is.

I guess it is only unique and dintinctive to SC430 owners because my sis and friends couldn't obviously tell it even I pointed out this extra piece to them.

To rominl :
I think only very few ppl have this piece.
I spent nearly $700 for it (painted and installed) plus it weights about 3-4 pounds.
I don't know if it will damage the roof motor in the long run.

To sc430mike:
So far I have only seen two used Wald kits for sale here on CL. If you are patient enough, you would probably get one.
I believe the SC430 lip kits that give you the biggest clearence are made by Junction Produce.
You can do some research on it. To me, that JP kits have the cleanest look over others.

Hope you guys can understand my Taiwanese English.
yes the roof spoiler is HUGE (i don't even try to use the word big).

the funny thing is, when i bought the roof spoiler, i didn't even know if it would look good on the car. i got it coz' it's so rare and it was one in a lifetime opportunity. it looked ok on the tom's car, so i was like what the heck

got it, put it on, and damn it looks so darn nice. at least on my white sc430 it pops very well imho.

and about how "obvious" they are? seriously i don't really care. to me, the best modding is when people seeing your car and they can't tell exactly what's changed / added. that's the best. that means the stuff flows really well with the car.

and don't worry, your english is good!
Old 07-25-05, 09:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by talwang
Honestly,I think your SC430 looks really great (the whole pacakge).
In fact, I personally think it looks even better than the one shown in Luxury & Exotics.

A lot of combinations to make the car looks good (color,body kits, rims...).
The most important thing is that it must look right to you
It is time-wasting trying to convince someone else of what is the best because everyone has different taste.

Our taste also changes continually as we are gaining more knowledge.
We should not buy something just because someone else says it is good.
Always do your homework first, so you won't regret it later.

I always love genearch's black SC430 with the whole AutoCouture package, but someone else may not like it at all

like my friends.

Hope to see more Sc430s with dfferent packages here in the future.
And to the vendors, you guys should import more SC430 goodies for us.
believe me. when i first saw gsxotic's sc430 in person, i was stunned. and so was my wife. his car looks so clean and classy, you can't deny you will take a second look at it.

the wheels on the car compliments it a lot i think. very nice!

sigh, too bad i stil got my stupid 18s stock on the car, otherwise i will try to post some pics of my car for now, i can only live through gsxotic's
Old 07-25-05, 10:39 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

yup..I totally agree. The 19" Amistad looks really good on gsxotic's SC.
I bet 20" will look even more stunning.

"of course, keep in mind, there is also a reason why so many of us have this kits even with all the "trouble" with it "
hohoho...You are encourging ppl here.
By doing that,there will be more and more SC430s with the Wald kits out there.
Eventually, you might find one with exactly the same set-up parking right next to you.
It would be pain in neck to tell them to stay the hell out of California.hahaha...

And hey, you are not alone.
I myself haven't found a set of rims I really fall in love with yet.
For now,I only have the H&R spacers (15mm/f,25mm/r) installed to make the car look a little better.
A member here had a set of 19" Amistad for sale here not long ago.
I didn't offer him what he had asked because the offsets are a little too conservative and one of the rims was bent.
That was the only set of rims I wanted to try on my silver SC (inspired by gsxotic) after I had missed out on genearch's AutoCouture rims.
I think chrome rims look better on silver SC, but I am not a big fan of chrome rims.

Anyway, I'll take my time doing more searching for the rims.
Next on my list would be Tom's side skirts..still doing my homework...

Originally Posted by rominl
believe me. when i first saw gsxotic's sc430 in person, i was stunned. and so was my wife. his car looks so clean and classy, you can't deny you will take a second look at it.

the wheels on the car compliments it a lot i think. very nice!

sigh, too bad i stil got my stupid 18s stock on the car, otherwise i will try to post some pics of my car for now, i can only live through gsxotic's
Old 07-25-05, 11:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah hopefully you will find a rim that you like soon i got couple of rims i like already, i guess now it's just a matter of time when they will go on my car

well i try not to think much about people having the wald. i guess it's unavoidable, the wald is so nice, i think it's just a matter of time we get tons of wald kits here at least i hope i am still among the early ones

btw, the amistad type r in 20s, it's reverse lips... what a bummer huh?
Old 08-14-05, 12:39 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wald

Does anything have to be removed from the sc430 so the wald kit can be installed? Or is it one of those kits that just bolts on to the existing bumpers and side skirts?
Old 08-14-05, 07:11 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the full bumper replacement AC kit, not the lip kit and I can say that I haven't scraped once and I must drive through back alley's all the time in my SC. If you are worried about damage, then this may be right for you. It is lower than stock but not as low as the Wald kit. In terms of price however, the lip kit of Wald is nearly half the price of the full AC kit. However the AC kit is so smooth and flows so nicely I have not regretted it since.

And since no one has a full AC kit other than me that I know of in N/A or even in Canada, I am proud to say you should definetly get one!!

Those damn white Wald SC owners in Cali...you can't really understand em sometimes!

lol jk Henry, Mark and Jeff hahaha

Steve
Old 08-14-05, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by sc430mike
Does anything have to be removed from the sc430 so the wald kit can be installed? Or is it one of those kits that just bolts on to the existing bumpers and side skirts?
the front and rear lips go on top of the bumpers. the side skirts are replacements
Old 08-14-05, 11:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by herragge
Those damn white Wald SC owners in Cali...you can't really understand em sometimes!

Steve
you are soooo banned, steve
Old 08-15-05, 06:09 AM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by herragge
I have the full bumper replacement AC kit, not the lip kit and I can say that I haven't scraped once and I must drive through back alley's all the time in my SC. If you are worried about damage, then this may be right for you. It is lower than stock but not as low as the Wald kit. In terms of price however, the lip kit of Wald is nearly half the price of the full AC kit. However the AC kit is so smooth and flows so nicely I have not regretted it since.

And since no one has a full AC kit other than me that I know of in N/A or even in Canada, I am proud to say you should definetly get one!!

Steve
i'm next for that kit Steve...shoulda jumped on the group buy when i had the chance but the wife wouldn't have understood...