SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

San Diego body shop recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 01:40 AM
prex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego body shop recommendations?

Originally Posted by dsimo
This just happened to me...my light came on, my computer said something like "LOW FUEL", which happens after 0 miles, and I had to drive about 2 more miles to get to a gas station. My car took 17.1 gallons to fill it. However, I wouldn't recommend driving with much less than a 1/4 tank for the sake of your injectors and fuel pump.
Read your good advice earlier in the day, and approaching 1/4th tank full decided to pull over to the gas station on my right. In the middle of merging lanes, the car behind me to the right started accelerating and swerving, so I merged back into the lane I'd started out in, and wound up hitting the car in front of me. Fortunately the woman in front of me wasn't hurt, and didn't even care to collect my insurance info (I gave her a business card anyways.) I'm guessing $4k of damage (hood, front fender, both "glass" covers for the lights. Will find out tommorrow. I miss it already.

I was only trying to take good care of my new car. Worse, this is the 3rd car I've owned, all which I've had in accidents within 1 month of taking ownership. Maybe it's even funnier because I got it back from the dealership this morning (back of drivers seat was coming off) and also had the tint replaced on one of the windows. Supposedly the VAISTech adapter is going out next week. Was all going to be perfect. Dealing with Kearny Mesa Lexus has been very pleasant, no complaints whatsoever.

Anyrate - if anyone has a recommendation for a body shop in San Diego, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to call all of the Lexus dealerships around here and get their recommendations, hopefully some of them line up with each other. I'm not going to make an insurance claim and would like to get it dealt with quickly. Previously had an awful experience with the Mercedes-Benz shop around here that does work for BMW.

Best wishes for safety to all of you.
Old 07-29-05, 12:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am really really sorry to hear about your accident, that really sux... no matter what it's always bad.

i think you should try to post in the socal forum. we have a southern califonia forum (towards the end of the forum main page). post there and i am sure the SD folks will get back to you.

imho don't just as dealership, a lot of time i dont' think they refer to good shops anyway

again sorry to hear about your accident
Old 07-29-05, 01:11 PM
928owner
Driver

Default Toyota Carlsbad

Hi,

I have used Toyota of Carlsbad for my SC400. A rear ender. At the time they were handling Lexus of Carlsbad's body work.

I did have a small issue with them (lost a cover), but the service manager at Lexus took care of it without hesitation. Their work quality was pretty good... better than other shops I have dealt with in the S. OC area.

Old 07-30-05, 04:10 PM
dmizock
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Toyota Carlsbad RR the left front fender of my '01 GS430 a little over 4 years ago. This accident also happened in the first month of ownership (my wife didn't see a light post standard to her left as she was backing up). The fender replacement was perfect and they did a flawless job of blending the paint into the hood and left front door. They have since moved their shop into a brand new facility just west of the freeway near Car Country Carlsbad. I made it clear to them when I brought my car in that I would be hell to live with if the repair wasn't perfect. They assured me that it would be, and hand picked a particular paint technician who specialized in Lexus paints, etc., etc. They did not disappoint and I was totally satisfied. Good luck.
Old 08-01-05, 11:05 PM
prex
Driver

Thanks for all of your kind words, looks like Toyota Carlsbad is choice.

I'm really looking forward to getting the car back on the road, I rented the worst beater possible, should be all the more reward when I get it back.

take care, drive safe ...
-b