SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Exhaust upgrade for '02 SC430

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 09:26 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
ah so you inherented blizz' exhaust. that's very nice man

so the tom's brace only fits over the tom's exhaust? that's a bummer....

Good to know that info here.
I actually plan to do the Blitz exhaust and Tom's brace later on.
Old 08-06-05, 09:33 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the tom's and blitz unit have a flat area in their pipes that prevent them from hitting any braces on the undercarriage whether it is an upgraded 6-link toms unit or stock brace. On my custom exhaust, the maker had to angle it down in that area to prevent hitting the brace too badly. I don't have pictures, but anyone can look at the exhaust under their car and if you look a little after the dual resonators, there is a flat area that *could* hinder exhaust flow. After market exhaust makers must pay attention to this area, and most have done this by keeping the flat spot like the blitz unit, but allow more flow at the same time. In the blitz unit, the flat spot is evidently less prounounced than the stock one that should allow more flow.

And forget about getting the tom's exahust unless you want to spend lotsa money$$$$, JUST the tom's mufflers themselves are more expensive then the entire Cat back exhaust system offered by blitz. For the tom's unit, I believe there are another item you must buy for it to be cat back, and you can make it header back? buy adding another item offered by tom's. I'm sure you could buy some nice wheels instead if you bought an entire tom's exhaust system.

Last edited by herragge; 08-06-05 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-06-05, 09:35 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another thing to add...

The nicest catback I have seen for the SC430

Ganador full cat back stainless steel exhaust

bring the benjamins cause it ain't cheap. talk to SUPRATRD or steve ganz of carson toyota for pricing.
Old 08-06-05, 10:55 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice look i must admit...i personally like the dual muffler look of the Blitz

...here is a pic of the exhaust by Zee's

Old 08-06-05, 11:45 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

hahaha...
I prefer the look of Canador and Zee's, but all we can see from behind are both shiny tips especially you lower the car.
It makes more sense to me buying the Blitz.
Old 08-07-05, 03:11 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by herragge
Both the tom's and blitz unit have a flat area in their pipes that prevent them from hitting any braces on the undercarriage whether it is an upgraded 6-link toms unit or stock brace. .
The stock x-brace on mine didn't fit after the blitz was installed. That was the only issue I ran into other than that it was a very quick and clean install. I ended up fabricating a brace that would fit and of course that took twice as long as the installation of the system.
Old 08-07-05, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

nice info there steve and jeff!!! oh well, at my rate, i will probably be able to get the exhaust by 2008
Old 06-13-06, 12:13 PM
clubaddict
Driver

Originally Posted by bt430
The stock x-brace on mine didn't fit after the blitz was installed. That was the only issue I ran into other than that it was a very quick and clean install. I ended up fabricating a brace that would fit and of course that took twice as long as the installation of the system.
i thought the blitz catback was supposed to be a direct bolt on without any other mods?
Old 06-13-06, 02:13 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't think those 2 alternatives (zees and ganador) look good at all; all you see is the ugly muffler hanging down, and the gap on the tips at 12 o'clock looks worse than stock too.

Haven't seen a pic of the Blitz right from behind, but please tell me if the muffler is at least as tucked in as stock. Don't want it hanging any lower than stock. Thanks gang.
Old 06-13-06, 04:34 PM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Default Blitz Exhaust

Blitz has a great fit on my 06 !

I ordered the Tom's front pipe & S/S Headers also , Iam going to have the header's ceramic coated first before the install.....

Gee-Bee

I look forward to the Tom's Supercharger when the U.S. model is available....
Old 06-13-06, 04:42 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know what setup mmaloy has. His car sounds nice!!! Mike, are you out there to answer this yourself? If you don't mind, I gotta try and replicate that.
Dan
Old 06-13-06, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
Blitz has a great fit on my 06 !

I ordered the Tom's front pipe & S/S Headers also , Iam going to have the header's ceramic coated first before the install.....

Gee-Bee

I look forward to the Tom's Supercharger when the U.S. model is available....
geebee, how about the rear lower suspension braces? they hit the blitz exhaust. and i think they only clear the tom's exhaust. you are going to skip those suspension parts then?

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
I don't think those 2 alternatives (zees and ganador) look good at all; all you see is the ugly muffler hanging down, and the gap on the tips at 12 o'clock looks worse than stock too.

Haven't seen a pic of the Blitz right from behind, but please tell me if the muffler is at least as tucked in as stock. Don't want it hanging any lower than stock. Thanks gang.
i think the muffler are just about the same as stock, not big at all

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Does anyone know what setup mmaloy has. His car sounds nice!!! Mike, are you out there to answer this yourself? If you don't mind, I gotta try and replicate that.
Dan
that's custom made, i belive he just cut everything up and put on his pipes and tips. i think there are no mufflers?