SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Does bluetooth come on sc430

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 08:09 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does bluetooth come on sc430

I was just wondering if bluetooth comes on the sc430, if its an option and from what year.
Old 08-05-05, 09:52 AM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it does. 2005 and up....
Old 08-05-05, 10:02 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you think i could add it on to a 2002, is it just a seperate unit that you could plug up or integrated into the entire system
Old 08-05-05, 10:10 AM
clexusking
Driver

It is integrated to the Gen 4 nav system, not retrofittable to earlier years. I wish it were possible too!
Old 08-05-05, 12:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

correct, it's integrated with the nav, not standalone.

and it's not really an option, i believe it's on all 05+ sc430 (i don't think there is still sc430 without nav right?)
Old 08-06-05, 08:29 AM
sueio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's standard with my 05. Works fairly well. Just wish it will sync with the driver preference buttons such that it will connect with drive #1's phone or driver #2's phone accordingly.
Old 08-06-05, 09:36 AM
clexusking
Driver

correct, it's integrated with the nav, not standalone.

and it's not really an option, i believe it's on all 05+ sc430 (i don't think there is still sc430 without nav right?)

It is still an option. I have seen one without Nav.
Old 09-11-17, 02:01 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

So I recently installed 2006 Gen4 DVD player and a 2007 Radio into my 2002 SC430. Everything works as it should. My NAV screen now shows the PHONE option in the menu but I don't know how to link with my phone. When I open bluetooth setting on my Andoid phone running Android 7.0, I do not see any new connection that says "Lexus" or "SC430" anything of the like. Can someone point me in the direction of how they connected their phone to the car for the FIRST time?

Additionally, can anyone please supply the part number of the small electronic steering wheel control module that accepts/makes/rejects phone calls, please? I have tried to find the part number, but only am able to find the module for the radio (track/volume/mute). If anyone has the time, a photo of the wires below the steering wheel phone module would be incredibly helpful. It's only two small screws. I have a new project on the horizon. Thank in advance to anyone who steps up and helps me. As always, I document all my progress so if anyone follows in my tracks, life is easy but some parts diagram, don't show the detail I require. Thanks. Look forward to any help.
Old 09-11-17, 04:16 PM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
So I recently installed 2006 Gen4 DVD player and a 2007 Radio into my 2002 SC430. Everything works as it should. My NAV screen now shows the PHONE option in the menu but I don't know how to link with my phone. When I open bluetooth setting on my Andoid phone running Android 7.0, I do not see any new connection that says "Lexus" or "SC430" anything of the like. Can someone point me in the direction of how they connected their phone to the car for the FIRST time?

Additionally, can anyone please supply the part number of the small electronic steering wheel control module that accepts/makes/rejects phone calls, please? I have tried to find the part number, but only am able to find the module for the radio (track/volume/mute). If anyone has the time, a photo of the wires below the steering wheel phone module would be incredibly helpful. It's only two small screws. I have a new project on the horizon. Thank in advance to anyone who steps up and helps me. As always, I document all my progress so if anyone follows in my tracks, life is easy but some parts diagram, don't show the detail I require. Thanks. Look forward to any help.
Putting a new DVD player into the car will not allow you to connect to Bluetooth. The DVD player has nothing to do with it. It is my understanding that the Bluetooth adapter is separate from both the DVD player and the radio.
Old 09-11-17, 04:50 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 486 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk

Additionally, can anyone please supply the part number of the small electronic steering wheel control module that accepts/makes/rejects phone calls, please? I have tried to find the part number, but only am able to find the module for the radio (track/volume/mute). If anyone has the time, a photo of the wires below the steering wheel phone module would be incredibly helpful. It's only two small screws.
I had to replace the clockspring on my 2005. A clockspring is the mechanism that makes the switches on your steering wheel work.Since the steering wheel turns, there has to be a gizmo that lets out coiled wire and retracts coiled wire.

Anyways, the clockspring for a 2002 & one for a 2006 are different. And the 2008 - 2010 clockspring is different from the first two. I THINK one of the differences is the phone answer button wires do not come with the 2002 or 2006 clockspring connector

Last edited by DshngDaryl; 09-11-17 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-11-17, 05:12 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iolmaster
Putting a new DVD player into the car will not allow you to connect to Bluetooth. The DVD player has nothing to do with it. It is my understanding that the Bluetooth adapter is separate from both the DVD player and the radio.
This is my understanding now, in contrast to this thread where the discussion above says that it is part of the DVD player. In any case, I'm hoping to find that "mystery" piece to which you're referring. Unforuntately, haven't had any luck. Think you might know the part number?

Originally Posted by DashingDar
I had to replace the clockspring on my 2005. A clockspring is the mechanism that makes the switches on your steering wheel work.Since the steering wheel turns, there has to be a gizmo that lets out coiled wire and retracts coiled wire.

Anyways, the clockspring for a 2002 & one for a 2006 are different. And the 2008 - 2010 clockspring is different from the first two. I THINK one of the differences is the phone answer button wires do not come with the 2002 or 2006 clockspring connector
Yes, I do believe you're correct. And I have dealt with my clock spring in the project where I replaced my steering wheel for the custom D shaped wheel. It makes sense that I won't have a control module off the 2002 clockspring. But the 2006 clockspring should have the bluetooth "wires," since 2006 had bluetooth capability. Correct? Therefore, if I find the bluetooth "mystery" module (which i was told according to this thread above that it is part of the 2005+ DVD Player, now known to be incorrect), a 2006 clockspring, and the actual steering switch... there's a chance it might work, right?
Old 09-11-17, 05:34 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

I don't know. I think the 2006+ has a two stage airbag.

When I tried to put the 2006 clockspring in my 2005 I noticed it had two airbag plugs and the hole in the middle is a different size..

So if you get a new steering wheel, you may need to get a new Airbag computer. If you do that, may have to change other airbags.

Of course, you may get lucky and the steering wheel airbag might have two connectors, but may work with only one harness plugged in (but I doubt it)

Of course, you have done some pretty amazing things in the past, so You could probably figure out how to make it work. (like using your old airbag with the new steering wheel)

P.S. I just remembered. If you look in this forum, I think I recall someone making a 2006 clockspring work in a 2002
Old 09-11-17, 05:36 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Plus, you would need the wiring harness from the bluetooth module to plug into your 2006 clockspring.
Old 09-11-17, 07:18 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Thanks for the advice. And I feel that you're right but if I find the major components (ie. the actual "bluetooth" device and remote module), then I can work backwards. Still hoping someone can chime in with part numbers. As for my steering wheel swap, it was a 2002 to 2002 wheel so there was no change to the clockspring cable. Thus if I find the miscellaneous parts then I can run a dedicated separate cable that would be a"substitute" for the 2006+ clockspring cable (utilizing only the bluetooth capability of that cable). Otherwise, the next step would be to try to make a 2006 clockspring cable work in my 2002. Either way, I still need the miscellaneous parts to start.
Old 09-13-17, 12:26 PM
tarheel49
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth

Mine is an "07. I did sync my IPhone to it-but it is not really intuitive as you will find on newer cars. I used the manual, which is pretty good but did take me a while. But it does work. Some things, like erasing someone else's old numbers was a little clunky.

Quick Reply: Does bluetooth come on sc430