SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2006 Pebble Beach Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-05, 11:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
I think you are right. There were supposed to be several exterior changes.
There are a lot of subtle changes to the headlights, tail lights, grille, bumpers etc. that had been discussed in a past thread.
Old 08-19-05, 11:39 AM
Marshallp7
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headlights and tailights are different, and the tranny is the big difference, The Saddle leather is not replaced by the Camel. The Camel leather is ONLY in the Pebble beach edition
Old 08-19-05, 11:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marshallp7
. . . The Saddle leather is not replaced by the Camel. The Camel leather is ONLY in the Pebble beach edition
I don't have an official 06 brochure yet, but I seem to remember a dealer posting here saying that the camel does replace the saddle, I'll check if there's any info on the website . . .
Old 08-19-05, 12:06 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
There are a lot of subtle changes to the headlights, tail lights, grille, bumpers etc. that had been discussed in a past thread.
The above pics don't include a rear shot, but from the front, I can't tell the difference and I look at one everyday. If that's the case, I'm sure if I scrutinize the thing I'll find them, but that's not the kind of change anybody expected, I'm sure.
Don't get me wrong; I'm happy, since our cars won't look old. The new tranny must be nice, but I can't imagine anybody trading an '04 or newer just for that. I wouldn't do it even if I win the lottery.
Good day.
JC
Old 08-19-05, 12:30 PM
Addiction2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually think that the tigers eye is a completely amazing color, it works really well with the camel but they just look to sleepy for a special edition, especially a two set convertible. I woudl totally go for that color on an LX470, but I want my SC430 to make a much stronger statement. The 05 makes a strong statement in metalic black and red, I don't care for the red so much but I have to admit that the two color choices together are pretty stunning.
Old 08-19-05, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
The above pics don't include a rear shot, but from the front, I can't tell the difference and I look at one everyday. If that's the case, I'm sure if I scrutinize the thing I'll find them, but that's not the kind of change anybody expected, I'm sure.
Don't get me wrong; I'm happy, since our cars won't look old. The new tranny must be nice, but I can't imagine anybody trading an '04 or newer just for that. I wouldn't do it even if I win the lottery.
Good day.
JC
from the sides the 06 is pretty much the same, but from the front and back, i am sure i will recognize them right the way
Old 08-20-05, 04:15 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

well u see that the shifter is not sequential auto, im guessing its now six speed auto
Old 08-23-05, 10:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default 2006 Lexus SC Pebble Beach Edition Convertible

Text & Photo courtesy Toyota Motor Corporation
08-23-2005

Debuted at 'Lexus Style in the Fast Lane' Fashion Show at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

To commemorate its exclusive partnership with The Pebble Beach Company, Lexus introduced its third annual Lexus SC Pebble Beach Edition retractable hardtop convertible. Making its debut at the "Lexus Style in the Fast Lane" fashion show at the world-famous Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, the 2006 SC features an exclusive stunning new color combination -- Tigereye Mica exterior and camel-color leather interior accented with an espresso dark brown wood trim. Only 500 of the unique Special Editions are slated for production, making the car even more alluring.

The 2006 Pebble Beach SC maintains its dramatic modern design and spectacular luxurious styling features unique to all Lexus models. The Special Edition features custom Pebble Beach badging on the exterior fenders, the center console and embroidered on the floor mats, which complement the exclusive camel-color interior. Additionally, each Special Edition comes with a custom designed (in size and color) luxurious two-piece leather luggage set in rich dark espresso brown with camel-color piping. This travel set fits perfectly in the surprisingly large trunk space of the SC and makes the car ready for a scenic drive around 17-mile Drive.

Of course, one of the most impressive features on the Lexus SC is its ability to hide the roof within the confines of its trunk in a mere 25 seconds, while still maintaining enough room for luggage. All without latches, catches, snaps or covers. And when the top is up, it defies traditional convertible logic by remaining solid, secure and weatherproof. Underneath its beautiful skin, the Lexus SC hosts a 288-horsepower, 4.3-liter V8 engine.

For ultimate listening pleasure, Lexus teamed up with Mark Levinson(R) -- designers of the ultimate in custom home audio systems -- to create a sound system available exclusively in Lexus vehicles. The SC features a nine-speaker, seven-channel DSP-amplified system, complete with an in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer. What's truly amazing about this system is that it monitors whether you have the top up or down, and adjusts the frequency equalization, and volume and bass response accordingly. The end result is a quality of sound that truly mimics a live performance.

The 2006 Lexus SC Pebble Beach Edition will be available for purchase in September 2005.
Old 08-23-05, 11:16 PM
Joe Peters
Driver

The changes are there in the front. Chrome strip
at the fog lights and 1extra "bar" in the gril. Can't tell
about the head lights and we can't see the tail lights in
these views. Did any one notice the new shift pattern
for the 6 speed?
Old 08-24-05, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Peters
The changes are there in the front. Chrome strip
at the fog lights and 1extra "bar" in the gril. Can't tell
about the head lights and we can't see the tail lights in
these views. Did any one notice the new shift pattern
for the 6 speed?
yup, those were covered in another thread with a lot of pics to show the difference in the headlights, taillights, shift plate, and the dash cluster
Old 08-24-05, 06:05 AM
PB430
Driver School Candidate

Default No one mentioned the shifter!

No one mentioned the shifter with Tiptronic! Now that's a feature I would like in my azure blue PB 430.
Old 08-24-05, 08:12 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a question about the description of the sound system: 'nine-speaker, SEVEN CHANNEL, DPS-amplified' . Got to be an error. Such a system required DVD-audio and a center channel, and I see nothing.

As far as the changes in front, yes, they're visible on this car. I don't like either one, especially the chrome strip down below. The wheels are hideous as well. Just curious about the taillights. Hope they're LEDs, and can be retrofitted.

Good day.
JC
Old 08-24-05, 08:48 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

the wheels look cheap.
Old 08-24-05, 09:25 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
I have a question about the description of the sound system: 'nine-speaker, SEVEN CHANNEL, DPS-amplified' . Got to be an error. Such a system required DVD-audio and a center channel, and I see nothing.
No error at all. Even the 1st-gen ML in my '02 ES has seven channels. Please check out http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com for specs.

In these modern days there are plenty of technologies to produce seven channels of directional surround sound from a stereo source. Simulated of course, but seven channels nonetheless. And the imaging of the audio is definitely better with such DSP surround sound logics.
Old 08-24-05, 11:03 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc430mike
I had that same mix of colors in my toilet this morning.
Im sorry but that had me laughing. I dont like the rims much.

Quick Reply: 2006 Pebble Beach Pictures