SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

A causal Saturday So. Cal. afternoon.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-05, 04:59 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hahhaa, too late ryan. i showed liz the pics already and she wasn't too happy about it

too bad it was a sudden trip to LA otherwise i could have meet up with you guys. didn't decide to drive down until thurs...
Hahahahaha...I'm not mad. I was only playing mock-mad. Bottom line is I still sold you the car, no matter which dealership I worked at the time.

Looking good, btw!
Old 08-22-05, 05:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

wow guys great pics! looks like the 3 musketeers!
Old 08-22-05, 05:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Hahahahaha...I'm not mad. I was only playing mock-mad. Bottom line is I still sold you the car, no matter which dealership I worked at the time.
I bet Henry will bring the SC430 to Glendale Lexus for his next maintainence, & after it's done, it will have a different dealer's license plate.

I bought my SC430 almost 3 years ago at a dealer an hour away from my house. Early this year, a new Lexus dealer opened 10 mins away from me, & I bought it in to have them check my tires for low pressure light, & they ask if they can put on their license plate bracket, I told them don't bother.
A while later, I bought the car to the new dealer for my next schedule maintainence, this time they didn't even bother to ask, & I didn't even noticed the new license plate bracket until a couple days later.
Old 08-22-05, 10:09 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
oh btw, jeff, i forgot to tell. the rear lip is 3.5". that's the max i could do already, so you still have more lip and yeah, our cars really look similar now i was running out of options. mark got the multispoke, my gs already has mesh, and you have 5 spokes. there are only so many 20 reverse out there....

The third pic of your rear wheel makes it look like a 5 inch lip! It looks very nice...I know for sure that I'll be going down to OC in November for Sema in LV..I think a four white SC pic would be nice.

All of your cars look amazing! Much better than mine, I'm jealous!

Jeff
Old 08-22-05, 10:34 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
wow guys great pics! looks like the 3 musketeers!
more like the Three Stooges j/k just a little white envy...cars look phenominal...i hope i can "clean" mine up by EOS or i may not show up at all...
Old 08-22-05, 10:48 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

i hate all of you white sc's

jealous. want one sooo bad
Old 08-22-05, 10:58 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

DAMM! Those cars are sooooo beeeaaa-uuu-tiful....great pics!!
Old 08-23-05, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I bet Henry will bring the SC430 to Glendale Lexus for his next maintainence, & after it's done, it will have a different dealer's license plate.

I bought my SC430 almost 3 years ago at a dealer an hour away from my house. Early this year, a new Lexus dealer opened 10 mins away from me, & I bought it in to have them check my tires for low pressure light, & they ask if they can put on their license plate bracket, I told them don't bother.
A while later, I bought the car to the new dealer for my next schedule maintainence, this time they didn't even bother to ask, & I didn't even noticed the new license plate bracket until a couple days later.
hahhaa, andrew, you don't need to remind liz like that.... you KNOW she already told me what she's gonna do
Old 08-23-05, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jsl757
The third pic of your rear wheel makes it look like a 5 inch lip! It looks very nice...I know for sure that I'll be going down to OC in November for Sema in LV..I think a four white SC pic would be nice.

All of your cars look amazing! Much better than mine, I'm jealous!

Jeff
it's probably the visual illusion coz' my spokes are flatter unlike yours where they curves in. will talk about it more in my own thread
Old 08-23-05, 01:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok since mark and carlo hasn't told the whole story that day i will try to brief it a bit. it started out with an urgent trip i had this past weekend to LA to take care of something else, and i had sat afternoon open. so we took our sc430 to mark's house for a nice car wash. next thing you know, carlo cleaned his car as well and came over, so the 3 of us had some fun and chatted about a lot of stuff. my wife and mark's wife had fun with some pictures too

afterwards we went to a local school district and took some pictures. here are some "good ones" i picked

Old 08-23-05, 01:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Old 08-23-05, 01:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Old 08-23-05, 01:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

afterwards, mark suggested another location and we all set off for a nice cruise -- with our top down of course. it was a complete blast. i am not sure if you can imagine, but 3 white sc430 top down all modded with different wheels rolling together on the road and such, that's a big scene

everyone, and i mean everyone, was staring at us on the road when we were rolling. people at bus stop, people on the street, bus driver side by side with us, people in other cars, people at restaurant, you name it. it was a good feeling and the highlight was when two gals walking on the street saw our cars and scream so loud "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR CAR!". we caught up at a red light and they actually ran back and took pictures with their cell phones!

anyway, with my wife beside me, why not some rolling action

oh, and btw, mark drives FAST, he is constantly speeding!

Old 08-23-05, 01:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Old 08-23-05, 01:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i love this pic at the gas station. people stopped their cars and looked at 3 of us pumping gas and from the pic you can see my car, and mark's and carlo's sc430 at the back. dunno, just a sweet pic i think

Quick Reply: A causal Saturday So. Cal. afternoon.....