Navigation .....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-05, 10:41 PM
IndigoBlue
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation .....?

Sup guys,

Just so you know why I may be asking dumb questions, I'm new. I just purchased an 02 Indigo Ink Pearl Lexus SC430 with all the options. The interior is the sunburnt looking leather with maple wood-grain I believe? It just rolled over to 17K miles. It was hardly ever driven obviously. Anyways - straight to the point. I called my local Lexus dealership and asked about updating the Navigation ... they said the 06 DVD was going to be released in November. They also mentioned that it would cost a wopping $495! - I guess my real question is, what is the difference in the new navigation DVD's besids maybe a couple of updated roads? And ... is ebay an option? -- And what version DVD is in the 02's and what "version/generation" do i need to purchase for my 02? Somebody please help hah, I've only owned the car for 1 week. Peace.
Old 08-29-05, 12:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

there is nothing really new except the roads and stuff. and 500 bucks? you can tell them to go get a life

to talk our clublexus sponsors, like leux-parts or so. they sell it for around 280 bucks? anyway, i wouldn't try email, you have to be VERY careful on the nav dvd version number and part number. get the wrnog one and you can't even update your system

and welcome to clublexus!
Old 08-29-05, 04:46 AM
jhorrill
Driver School Candidate

You can check your DVD version by going to 'Menu' and touching the DVD button.

When I bought my SC430 new in January 2004, the DVD was 02-03. I asked my dealer for an upgrade when the 04-05 version was issued (I think they're only updated every 2 years) and they provided and installed the new one for free!

The improvements mean't that it no longer sent me on roads that no longer existed and also contained extra useful information on motorways such as distances to the next service stations and hotels etc. I'm not sure of your location but, for me in the UK, it has been a major step forward.

John
Old 08-29-05, 12:53 PM
IndigoBlue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jhorrill
You can check your DVD version by going to 'Menu' and touching the DVD button.

When I bought my SC430 new in January 2004, the DVD was 02-03. I asked my dealer for an upgrade when the 04-05 version was issued (I think they're only updated every 2 years) and they provided and installed the new one for free!

The improvements mean't that it no longer sent me on roads that no longer existed and also contained extra useful information on motorways such as distances to the next service stations and hotels etc. I'm not sure of your location but, for me in the UK, it has been a major step forward.

John
Yeh - I believe they are only updated every two years. I wish my lexus dealership would install and upgrade for free, maybe they hit you up with that just so you'd by the car? -- I however, bought mine from my best-friends mother. I am a college student at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) in the Oxford. There are so many new rodes and apts. and so forth in the past 4 years here that I figure i should get an update. The street im living on shows up as a blank spot on my navi. -- I think it'd be useful. Well thanks for the answers and the welcome! Later guys.