SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

ML audio system

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-05, 12:26 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by camillian
Yes the ML does sound better with the top down. It sounds like the amp kicks in. The FX35 I had for 2 months just before I got the SC was a 2005 with the 11 speaker 300 watt Bose. maybe the older FX had a different version of the Bose?

What settings do you generally keep the bass, mid,and treble at? I know it depends on the music, but generally speaking. Oh also can you have different settings that are stored for cd and fm or will you change it for all sources?

Thanks guys,
Mario
My FX35 also has the 11-speaker, 300 watt Bose sound system. FYI, I keep bass at 4 and treble at 5. There is no mid on the FX. I'm sure that didn't change from the '04 to '05 models.

On the SC430, I used to keep bass at 3 because anything higher than that rattled the wood on the doors with some music. They've probably fixed that by now.
Old 09-08-05, 01:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well on my 05 i had the rattle problem on the wood as well but dealership fixed it perfect
Old 09-08-05, 02:30 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes guys I have the rattle (vibration) on the passenger door, I guess it is the wood?. My Sc is a week old.
Old 09-08-05, 03:36 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Great call Rominl,

I just adjusted my speakers to your recommended settings and it sounds so much better. I was retarded not to figure that out myself. I still might get a woofer and new amp but it sounds a lot better now. Thanks! -Mike
Old 09-08-05, 04:31 PM
RMR
Rookie

Well, I guess I DON'T have a problem.... I have the rattle too in the passenger when I blast the ML Was going to have the dealer look at it on next service.

I still think the Nak in my old SC sounds better...... of course, it was not a "drop top" so that is a consideration. One thing I have to remeber, my ears don't have the range when I was 20, 30 or 40 anymore. Too many Led Zepplin, Robin Trower and Peter Framton concerts in my younger days have taken their toll.....

RMR
Old 09-08-05, 04:38 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well you might have a problem. some of the SC's experienced rattling in the wood panels in the doors at even low to moderate levels of bass. mine did (mine would even rattle on AM radio), so i brought it in and there is some kit that is well known to fix the problem.

that said, if you crank up the volume or have bass at 5, then you still get some buzzing/rattling sometimes.
Old 09-08-05, 04:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by camillian
Yes guys I have the rattle (vibration) on the passenger door, I guess it is the wood?. My Sc is a week old.
yes when i push on the wood the rattle was gone. i took my car in and the tech said it has something to with with a plastic piece from behind. he fixed everything

now the bass is still at 5 (i will never give that up) and even at high volume there is no rattling. i am very happy
Old 09-08-05, 05:18 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
well you might have a problem. some of the SC's experienced rattling in the wood panels in the doors at even low to moderate levels of bass. mine did (mine would even rattle on AM radio), so i brought it in and there is some kit that is well known to fix the problem.
Yep, I got that fixed too, there's a TSB on it, & no rattles even at 5 .
Old 09-08-05, 05:26 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Yep, I got that fixed too, there's a TSB on it, & no rattles even at 5 .
wow, i am jealous of you guys. no rattles at all? that's amazing. i get the occassional rattle, but it's not consistent (seems to vary depending on the temperature), so it's hard to get them to fix it any more than they have. i am not sure if it's coming from the door panel anymore, could be the small speaker or the AC vent. either way, my personal pursuit of perfection on the SC is over. there are other creaks and rattles that irritate the hell out of me much more than the buzz.

on an unrelated note, and a high point, i finally got the michelin pilot sport a/s and am storing the runflats - what a difference. it's like a whole new car.
Old 09-08-05, 06:00 PM
RMR
Rookie

Thanks LexL!
I will mention that on the next service.

Yep, I get 'creaks n rattles" when going up and down driveways... I just figured it was the roof seating in place. Not a big deal. I get a lot of tire noise though at low sppeds. I am running Goodyears with 275's on the rear, and already bought a set of new chrome rims to replace the Maya "crap" rims I have now, just need them to wear out. They are 19" TRD's so the chrome won't be falling off in two years. I can't wait to pull those junk rims off as I will use them for target practice.

Thanks again!
RMR
Old 09-08-05, 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexuslover
wow, i am jealous of you guys. no rattles at all? that's amazing. i get the occassional rattle, but it's not consistent (seems to vary depending on the temperature), so it's hard to get them to fix it any more than they have. i am not sure if it's coming from the door panel anymore, could be the small speaker or the AC vent. either way, my personal pursuit of perfection on the SC is over. there are other creaks and rattles that irritate the hell out of me much more than the buzz.

on an unrelated note, and a high point, i finally got the michelin pilot sport a/s and am storing the runflats - what a difference. it's like a whole new car.
you can try to go to keyes lexus if you want. that's where my cars go
Old 09-09-05, 07:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you can try to go to keyes lexus if you want. that's where my cars go
I thought you always go(went) to Longo, or now Glendale
Old 09-09-05, 09:37 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Is the rattle issue on teh SC430 as common as the ones in the GS?
Old 09-09-05, 11:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

chicago, which problem on the GS you talking about? and the rattle on the sc430, i think it's pretty common, but seems like dealers all have fixes

andrew, well i go to glendale when i buy cars, but i have been going to keyes for service for a long time
Old 09-09-05, 11:17 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Well the GS sunroof rattle is really common. I also have a little rattle near teh pillar and front windshield on the drivers side that bugs me....then there's some GS owners with that annoying sound coming from the back seat.

Quick Reply: ML audio system