SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

quarter windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 04:01 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quarter windows

is there a way to get the quarter windows up with the top down? My kids keep asking me to put the windows up because it is too windy

thanks,
Mario
Old 09-07-05, 04:27 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol.... Mario, I can't believe you actually stuck your kids on those seats. The answer is NO...

BTW, did u connected with DXC? Hope everything goes well~
Old 09-07-05, 04:34 PM
tfischer

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

And it wouldn't make any difference if you could.

Raise the front windows and tell the kids to shut up while Daddy drives.

Honestly!
Old 09-07-05, 05:02 PM
prex
Driver

I read somewhere that Luxury Motorworks is coming out with a device that will make this possible.
Old 09-07-05, 05:52 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
lol.... Mario, I can't believe you actually stuck your kids on those seats. The answer is NO...

BTW, did u connected with DXC? Hope everything goes well~
Hey Mark,
My kids are 5 and 7 years old and yes even they complained about the lousy back seats. Atleast they can come for a ride though. If i would of gotten the Boxter S they would have to stay at grandma's house.

I thought i seen something in the manual where with the top down you can press the open button twice and then press close once and they will go up
Old 09-07-05, 07:07 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=46381
Old 09-08-05, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow thanks for the link roofless, i didn't know about it at al!!!!! gotta try it out some time. i wonder if that's going to help on the wind when the top is down.

good stuff!
Old 09-08-05, 10:06 AM
RMR
Rookie

I saw that in the manual as well, but stopped short of trying it.

Closing the roof in an emergency is not a simple task.... it would appear if you are alone, you are screwed as you have to remove the trunk lid with "two able bodied people". I wasn't sure if one needed to perform all those other steps prior to closing the back windows, but thanks to the nice folks on the Forum, I know you can now!

I LOVE this Forum

Thanks.

Steve "hinted" the new LuxLink will have soem real cool features, but it is still a "works in progress". He does have a supercharger ready, but I will wait until the warranty expires before I consider turining my SC into a true "super coupe".

RMR
Old 09-08-05, 09:23 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Glad to help.

Over a year ago, there was a strong rumor that Luxury Motor Works was going to include this ability with the LuxLink. Sounds like it may still be on the drawing board...
Old 09-15-05, 11:36 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

To give you guys an update.
The new LuxLink is done and in a vehicle being tested. The new LuxLink does have the option to lower and raise the rear quarter glass. There are many new features of the new LuxLink and it is working flawless at this time. If anyone would like to see the new LuxLink on a vehicle we have it installed on Gils silver super charged SC 430 over at www.overboost.com
We are also going to make 5 prototypes for testing. If anyone is interested in getting a reduced rate on the prototypes please contact us.

Thanks again for everyones support,
Steve
Old 09-16-05, 05:38 AM
Joe Peters
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, what about us that allready have a LuxLink.
Old 09-16-05, 08:21 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

For all of you that want the new LuxLink we will have a trade in value for you. If you send in your old LuxLink we will credit that towards the new one. I am not sure what the trade in value will be nor do I know how much the new LuxLInk will be at this time. I will know more in a few weeks.

Thanks again to everyone
Old 09-16-05, 08:27 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

seems like it would be simple just reprogram the eprom and maybe add a relay.
Old 09-16-05, 08:45 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

I wish it was that easy. Unfortuanately it is not. The new LuxLink is completely different. It offers a lot more bells and whistles. We have taken the feed back from everyone from the old LuxLink and implemented all of that into the new one. I thank everyone for their feedback and with that we were able to develop a new LuxLink that I think everyone will really enjoy. Three of the coolest new features is the one touch from the switch inside the car and now when you drop the top you can start it at the same time and the side windows will not roll up. We no longer set the LuxLink on a timer. The new LuxLink has window sense technology.
I really apologize to those of you who purchased the first generation LuxLink and soon their will be a better unit available. We strive everyday to bring and develop new and better products to the table. Hopefully, we will even have a better LuxLink in the years to come.
Old 09-16-05, 09:52 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

when you say window sense technology, would that happen to be a rain sensor to know when to close the top? That would be awsome.

Quick Reply: quarter windows