SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

paint question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-05, 06:21 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Interesting.... I have the same issue with the rear bumper on the left side. The problem is I have add the rear lip to the car and don't know what the dealer will say if I bring the car back to try to address the issue.
Hey Mark how are you?

What exactly did you notice with your bumper?
Old 09-26-05, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

mark, did you try to just clay the car? didn't see the overspray yesterday

and mario, seems like a legit and knowledgeable shop you went to!
Old 09-28-05, 08:49 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camillian
Hey Mark how are you?

What exactly did you notice with your bumper?
Mario, I am doing okay just busy from work as usual... when can we expect to see your new shoes??

Well, I also noticed that my rear bumper does not sit flush with the body on the left side. I notice this a couple months after we bought the car. Initially I thought someone probably run their car into our rear bumper, but after a close examination it appears not so.
Old 09-28-05, 11:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

mark, same thing with my rear bumper, the pessenger side doesn't sit flush. i actually think it's from body shop?
Old 09-28-05, 11:59 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
mark, same thing with my rear bumper, the pessenger side doesn't sit flush. i actually think it's from body shop?
Henry, mine is on the left side (driver side). Its definitely not from the body shop because i notice it before the rear lip was installed. I was hoping to see maybe after the rear lip is installed (thinking that maybe Hiro would take the rear bumper off to install the rear lip). Either way, still the same as before.
Old 09-28-05, 12:10 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Mario, I am doing okay just busy from work as usual... when can we expect to see your new shoes??

Well, I also noticed that my rear bumper does not sit flush with the body on the left side. I notice this a couple months after we bought the car. Initially I thought someone probably run their car into our rear bumper, but after a close examination it appears not so.
I haven't heard anything new yet.
I spoke to DXC last week regarding the centre caps and the tire pressure sensors. I am getting the caps from the type S wheels. 1 set in silver with silver writing and another in silver with white writing. The later I believe will go well with my white car. He tried them on at his showroom and said they fit the type R wheels. He also said they have something for the sensors that will allow me not to disable them. I am not sure how it works, but it was only $80 for the set. Amistad developed it in August.

He told me there is still a container to leave this month and also a shipment by air, He said he will keep me updated. So I don't know more than that. I will just wait to here from him.
Old 09-28-05, 01:20 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by camillian
I haven't heard anything new yet.
I spoke to DXC last week regarding the centre caps and the tire pressure sensors. I am getting the caps from the type S wheels. 1 set in silver with silver writing and another in silver with white writing. The later I believe will go well with my white car. He tried them on at his showroom and said they fit the type R wheels. He also said they have something for the sensors that will allow me not to disable them. I am not sure how it works, but it was only $80 for the set. Amistad developed it in August.

He told me there is still a container to leave this month and also a shipment by air, He said he will keep me updated. So I don't know more than that. I will just wait to here from him.
Wow... nice~~ make sure you keep those center caps for me in case if you are selling your wheels in the future.. About the sensors... i think i need to pm DXC right now!!
Old 09-28-05, 02:46 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Wow... nice~~ make sure you keep those center caps for me in case if you are selling your wheels in the future.. About the sensors... i think i need to pm DXC right now!!
No problem Mark. That's the least I can do for all your help.
Let me know if you find out how the sensors work from DXC. I figured it was worth $80 if I didn't have to see that light on my dash and here that chime.
Old 09-28-05, 04:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sensors? damn, would that work for trafficstar?
Old 09-29-05, 05:30 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

"We have just developed the air pressure sensor hardware for the wheel in order for you not to disconnect that function"

This is what DXC has told me. I don't know how it works. Please let me know if you find out
Old 09-29-05, 01:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

dxc, can i get some?
Old 10-03-05, 09:27 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Wow! Wow!

My hood has been painted. So much for that bodyshop I took the car to first. I went to another shop and they said it had been painted. I just came back from my dealer and told them my suspisions without mentioning that I had gone to get an opinion eleswhere. They looked at it and they also think it has been painted. They said they didn't do it. So they are calling vancouver (where the car came from) to find out what is going on. They checked the car history and except for changing a few interior trim pieces due to scratches and scuffs, there is nothing mentioned about painting. Isn't someone liable for hideing this. The dealer said this was obviously not repainted at the factory. it had to be repainted afterwards.

What should i do now and what should I expect from the dealer?
Old 10-03-05, 09:46 AM
tfischer

Received 213 Likes on 159 Posts

What you should expect from the dealer is a new car, since a re-painted hood is a material deviation from what you ordered and paid for, despite the fact that it seems the repainting is pretty hard to detect or notice.

What you will get will depend upon the the dealer to a certain extent, upon the Lexus regional management to a certain extent, and of course upon the laws of Canada, which I know nothing about. I don't even know if Canada has any laws.

Still, unless you signed something that says "as is," you should be in pretty good shape.
Old 10-03-05, 02:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh man that really sux dude.... really blows!!!!! i am glad that the dealership is stepping out though. i am surprised too, "few interior trim pieces changed dur to scratches and scuffs"? wtf? my car came with plastic all over the place to protect it, seems like your car came from a war or something....

regardless though, let me tell you some truths. actually by law, if a car comes from factory imperfect, manufacturer can indeed get it touched up or repainted and still sell it as a new car, and i think they don't have to explicitly mention about the imperfections happened before. they are allowed to do that, as long as it's not the engine part that they changed.

so basically it's *ok* for them to repaint the car before selling it. however, with that said (that being a US law i believe), you should still deserve to get nothing less than perfect for your car, meaning they will have to do whatever it takes to make your car looks like new, otherwise you can esalate the issue all the way up. so i guess you should be able to get them to repaint the hood at least back to completely perfect.

and some dealers, they always care about their customers and wnat them happy. let's just say i have seen cases where the dealer offered to buy back the car minus mileage and interest payments, or worked out some other deals with the owners
Old 10-03-05, 03:00 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Thanks for your advise. Please keep the tutorials comeing. I will need some guidance in my step by step dealings with the dealer.
They may well cooperate with me. I just want to make sure I say the right things at the right time.

My dealer if upset with the dealer in Vancouver. My manager said there is a code between dealers and we disclose these things to each other when swaping cars or buying cars from each other. So far they haven't heard anything back from Vancouver yet. The salesman said that if the hood got scratched and repainted, we could get a new hood painted directly from the factory. What do you think about this?

I have also just noticed that the black painted slats around the fog lights have jagged edges inbetween the white and black paint. It looks like it was taped up and sprayed and then the tape was pulled off. Even the black paint looks like a home made job. I will get you guys some pictures of this. Can anyone tell me if they have a nice smooth edge inbetween the black and there car color.

Last edited by camillian; 10-03-05 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: paint question