SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

paint question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-05, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah the fact that the car has been around for 8 months that's very weird, coz' here in cali the car won't stay for that long.

but i am sure you are in good hands this time, coz' your dealership is behind you and lexus corp is coming tomorrow. keep us posted man. lexus is deifnitely what you should keep, that's the bottom line
Old 10-07-05, 05:51 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the Manager at my dealership called me this afternoon around 4pm. he apolagized for not calling me yesterday as he said he would. He said that Lexus Corp. hadn't been out to see the vehicle yet. Apperently reps are busy setting up for the launch of the is300 I think. Anyway he told me again that he wants to take my 05 back and get me into an 06. He just needs Lex corp to confirm what they will do with my 05 before he gives me the 06. I think he has to cover his but so he doesn't get stuck with it.

You would think Lex corp would think this is a serious issue and get their buts out there since they have my vehicle which I am still making payments on. Some of my friends think I have been to kind and i would probably get more out of this If i were to take legal action against Lexus corp. since there is no records of this car being repaired. It's a big internal scam. However I just want them to take my 05 back and give me an 06 and i will be happy. If they give me a hard time after they go out to see the car then I may have no choice but to get a lawyer. I won't get stuck with that vehicle.

Next Monday is Thanksgiving here and the manager is away till Thursday. He told me Lex corp. has his cell number and he will call me as soon as he gets the go head. Probably next Thursday or Friday. In the mean time I will just sit and wait
Old 10-07-05, 07:23 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe I missed it but does Lexus have you in some kind of loaner? I would not be happy making payments on a car without something from Lexus to drive.
Old 10-07-05, 09:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sorry to hear about the delay mario, hopefully they will get it resolved soon.

but seirously, i think what you are doing now is right and enough, no need for more. keep in mind what i said before. morally they are doing wrong, but if you really want to throw it out at court, you might not win the case based on what i said.

regarding lexus corp, yes i think they should have done better, though sometimes it's up to the dealership to "push" them as well. i know if i ask my friend to get lexus corp to come, they will come right the way.

also, from what i see, lexus corp actually doesn't have as much to do with this incident, they are just "helping". if anything the previous dealership in vancouver is the one at fault and the one scamming. i really wouldn't call this an internal scam coz' lexus corp and your toronto dealership didn't know about it.

but i think your dealership is really taking matters into their hand and want to make you a very happy customer and not lose faith in them. that i give them double thumbs up. so just hang in there and be patient. good things happen to those who wait

seriously if you paid for a 05 and ended up getting this 06, i don't see any "bad" out of it. like i said, if you don't want the 06 stuff and prefer 05, i am ready to trade (ok this is just to make you laugh..)
Old 10-08-05, 04:01 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
Maybe I missed it but does Lexus have you in some kind of loaner? I would not be happy making payments on a car without something from Lexus to drive.
On Tuesday when I returned the car to the manager, he asked me If I needed a loaner. I told him this wasn't my daily driver and I had two other vehicles. I came straight out and told him that I didn't want to incure him the extra uneeded costs. I just want him to take this vehicle off my hands.

It's just tough when you've only had the car for a month and then it's going to be gone for a couple of weeks. I was expecting 2 or 3 days tops.
Old 10-08-05, 04:09 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
sorry to hear about the delay mario, hopefully they will get it resolved soon.

but seirously, i think what you are doing now is right and enough, no need for more. keep in mind what i said before. morally they are doing wrong, but if you really want to throw it out at court, you might not win the case based on what i said.

regarding lexus corp, yes i think they should have done better, though sometimes it's up to the dealership to "push" them as well. i know if i ask my friend to get lexus corp to come, they will come right the way.

also, from what i see, lexus corp actually doesn't have as much to do with this incident, they are just "helping". if anything the previous dealership in vancouver is the one at fault and the one scamming. i really wouldn't call this an internal scam coz' lexus corp and your toronto dealership didn't know about it.

but i think your dealership is really taking matters into their hand and want to make you a very happy customer and not lose faith in them. that i give them double thumbs up. so just hang in there and be patient. good things happen to those who wait

seriously if you paid for a 05 and ended up getting this 06, i don't see any "bad" out of it. like i said, if you don't want the 06 stuff and prefer 05, i am ready to trade (ok this is just to make you laugh..)
of course i will wait, I was just disapointed yesterday when I got his call. I was expecting some results. Instead nothing happened,I will have to wait another week, but that's life! However I don't agree with lexus being able to pass off this butcher style paint job as a new vehicle. If I went to my local news channel and had them do a report on what you expect to get when buying a new car. I don't think that would be good for business. You know THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION.
Old 10-08-05, 07:29 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

Calm down.

In your first message, you inidcated that you slowly saw some imperfections in the paint over the course of a month, and only with careful examination and under strong light.

Now all of a sudden it's a "butcher style paint job."

You are now getting an '06 to replace your '05, which is a great deal. The extra year on the model number will add thousands of dollars to the resale value down the road, and you can be sure that it will have a factory fresh paint job.

You are being treated very well by Lexus and by your dealer.
Old 10-08-05, 12:00 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tfischer
Calm down.

In your first message, you inidcated that you slowly saw some imperfections in the paint over the course of a month, and only with careful examination and under strong light.

Now all of a sudden it's a "butcher style paint job."

You are now getting an '06 to replace your '05, which is a great deal. The extra year on the model number will add thousands of dollars to the resale value down the road, and you can be sure that it will have a factory fresh paint job.

You are being treated very well by Lexus and by your dealer.
Yes I am calm, and have been very very calm at my dealership and yes my dealer has been great (just as stunned as I am), but you can't help being a little emotional. This forum is just my place to vent a little. I am sorry if I have irratated anyone.

The hood is the part I noticed under the strong light. When I say a butcher style paint job, I am refering to the job around the foglights. I just never bent over that low to look at them. They didn't even take them apart. They sprayed over them and then painted the black plastic which shouldn't even be painted black with a paint brush to cover up the white. So when you combine the two, hood and front bumper you wonder what else has been painted? It is frustrating wondering.

Anyway sorry for venting guys.
Old 10-09-05, 05:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's ok for you to vent, mario, i would too.

i was just trying to give you the hard facts (as much as i don't agree with it) how things go and what really are lexus' obligations from a legal point of view. of course imho lexus would have done better
Old 10-28-05, 07:40 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

OK it has been a while since my last post. I can't believe I started this thread back in September. Anyway as you all know the dealer took back the 05 and secured me an 06 pending Lex corp approval. Well it went through and I went to pick up the 06 last week. The salesman and I went and had a look at the vehicle. They purposely parked under the florescent lights, which I liked. I gave it a once over and everything seemed Ok. I mean what could be wrong, it was covered in Plastic just a few hours earlier. We went back to the office and signed a few papers. They gave me the vehicle at the same lease as the 05. The salesman continued to apologize saying this has never happened before and he has never seen this in his 30 years in sales. I went to leave with the vehicle and gave it another once over and I noticed something on the rear trunk. It looked like a clearcoat run. I inspected further and found many runs in the paint near the top of the trunk. Wow ! The service manager came out and said no way it is not possible espesially twice to you! He looked at it and said wait I think that is from the plastic wrap. We can remove it with a heat gun. He got a couple of guys in the shop to work on it. Meanwhile on his own accord he got the little electronic gadget that measures the thickness of the paint. Around 6.5mm give or take a mm is normal. he started around the entire vehicle and was getting readings inbetween 6 and 7mm until he got to the trunk. 11mm was the reading on the trunk. Wow! He looked at me and flipped. All the suits came down to see the car. The GM didn't know what to say except sorry. He said the 05 got damaged on the dock in Vancouver. It got flagged and repaired but for some reason it didn't get documented? The trunk on the 06 obviously got repainted to. However this one was repainted at the factory and it is still considered original paint so no documentation needed.

Anyway The GM called me the next day from the import compound. He found another white/ecru and had it shipped to the dealership. I went there today and thoroughly inspected it and yes this one is all original with no defects. We were all happy.

Finally they thanked me for my patience and for being a good sport. I was also told that this story has made it across the country and all of lexus corp was aware of it. Apparently lexus corp personally gets in touch with customers that have had some problems and apparently my case was unheard of on the wow factor! So I will wait and see.

Many thanks to everyone at Don Valley North Lexus
Old 10-28-05, 09:10 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mario,

Glad to see everything works out at the end.... now show us some pictures of your new ride!!!
Old 10-31-05, 01:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey congrats mario, i am glad everything went through and you are with a car that is what you want!
Old 10-31-05, 08:11 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you Mario, & you got your "perfect " car, I think you got a good deal too with a 06 as replacement .
I missed the latter part of this thread because I've been away for a couple weeks, that's why I was a little surprised in the other thread that you replaced your 05 for a 06 that soon . . .
Old 10-31-05, 11:05 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. Great Lexus story. I am glad Lexus made it right for you in the end.

Congrats.
Old 11-01-05, 05:21 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Thanks guys,
I hope you guys don't think I was being to picky. I wasn't looking for a perfect car, but when your buying new you expect new.

Anyway after all that I had a close call on Sunday. I was the third car in my lane stopped at the lights. The lane beside me only had two cars stopped at the lights. I was looking in my rear veiw mirror and an accord was approaching me from behind, he decided to switch lanes since the other one had less cars in it. You guessed it he came to a crawl but didn't stop and rear ended the car beside me. My heart jumped Holy ****

Too close for comfort

Quick Reply: paint question