SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Hot Style Japan's SC430

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 03:54 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hot Style Japan's SC430

Hot Style is a shop in Japan that specializes in VIPcar and EXEcar work. I thought you guys may be interested in their SC430 (Soarer).

The car has a full custom interior, custom plates (L / S stands for the car's name "Luxury and Style"), custom supercharger pushing out about 400 PS with a top speed estimated at 175mph, full audio / visual upgrade, Auto Couture front bumper (Im not enough of an afficionado to call out the skirts and rear yet!), and air suspension. Its all sitting nicely on top of a set of nicely fitting 20" wheels.

Here is a link to the shop: http://www.hot-style.net/

Last edited by sc400texas; 10-13-05 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-13-05, 04:06 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

More, with updated wheels...

Changed wheels... for the better in my opinion. If any of your guys have ever heard of LUGstyle magazine (the Japanese Dub magazine competitor...- this car fits into the mags car types.) Don't you wish our Dub modders in the states had this much taste and class?

Last edited by sc400texas; 10-13-05 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-13-05, 05:58 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know how they blacked out the lights?
I know the PBEs are blacked out stock, but that's probably a hard part to come by for a modder.

bt
Old 10-13-05, 07:00 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

if that guy is japanese...he is the tallest one i have ever seen...beautiful car
Old 10-13-05, 08:12 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

its absoultely stunning.
Old 10-13-05, 10:30 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

those headlights can be done DIY or given to someone else. i know of a few people who black out the housings, which makes the sc430 look 100x times better IMHO.
Old 10-13-05, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the car is nice, though i don't really like the interior. not sure what's up with all the suede these days. i kinda like the bling bling more than the black wheels though. the car is too dark with the black wheels imho, so dark i can't even tell what kits is on there
Old 10-14-05, 05:53 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats VIP and EXE stand for. But for the headlights blacking them out isnt a good idea, most of the time its never the same again, and you dont get light intensity as bright since you have blacked out the reflective material in the headlight housing. But if you still want to do it you have to melt the glue holding the clear plastic to the base of the headlight. So you either bake the headlight in the oven which is kinda scary, or you use a heat gun to melkt the glue slowely and pull the headlight apart. Then spray paint the the thing and your done. That car is slammed pretty low, is the suede stock or custom?
Old 10-14-05, 07:12 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
Whats VIP and EXE stand for. But for the headlights blacking them out isnt a good idea, most of the time its never the same again, and you dont get light intensity as bright since you have blacked out the reflective material in the headlight housing. But if you still want to do it you have to melt the glue holding the clear plastic to the base of the headlight. So you either bake the headlight in the oven which is kinda scary, or you use a heat gun to melkt the glue slowely and pull the headlight apart. Then spray paint the the thing and your done. That car is slammed pretty low, is the suede stock or custom?

1) VIPcar- A VIPcar is a car that is currently accepted into the VIPcar clubs and community in Japan. For the past 5 or so years the accepted cars have been: Celsior, Aristo, Century, Majesta, Cima, Cedric / Gloria, President, and Mazda Sentia (929). Further more, they mod the car to give it a wide and low look. The body kits, wheels, and suspension products are often very expensive, and the tuning culture translates into their life style. VIPcar magazine is a popular publication in Japan which can give you more info on VIPcar's and VIPstyle...

*note- European cars are not VIPcar's in Japan, they have their own clubs, as do 4 door honda's (read Acura Legend, RL, TL, etc...)

2) EXE is a style that encompasses more cars than the exclusive VIPcar community. This style can be seen in the new Japanese magazine, RICH Car You will see everything from a UZZ30 Soarer (SC400), UZZ40's, Celsior's, and 300C's, etc. Its like a classy DUB magazine (even though there is another mag in Japan for DUB cars ) Most of the modified rides on the SC430 forum fit into the EXE catagory. (sorry guys you may be a VIP, but you dont drive a VIPcar )

3) As I said in the first post, this was a fully custom interior. They have pictures of the swap on their site.
Old 10-14-05, 07:45 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

But for the headlights blacking them out isnt a good idea, most of the time its never the same again, and you dont get light intensity as bright since you have blacked out the reflective material in the headlight housing.

Blacking out the housing will have NO effect on light output. For cars with projector style headlamps the reflective housing is "unused".
Old 10-14-05, 08:53 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Blacking out the housing will have NO effect on light output. For cars with projector style headlamps the reflective housing is "unused".
ohh yea I forgot about the projectors, still its never usually the same again. IE leakage, getting crap inside I saw a cockroach trapped inside a housing lense before LOL

SC400texas thanks for the clarification. The slammed wide body style used to be quite popular in the US, then everyone got on the JDM craze and its funny since Japan is going towards the slammed wide body look. Seems they want what eachother have or had.

Last edited by tonydt1g3r; 10-14-05 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-14-05, 09:06 AM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

the housing can be just as good as new if taken the proper steps to insure resealing, etc. usually the sealing can be done better then factory.
Old 10-14-05, 09:38 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks pretty good imo
Old 10-14-05, 09:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ohh yea I forgot about the projectors, still its never usually the same again. IE leakage, getting crap inside I saw a cockroach trapped inside a housing lense before LOL

SC400texas thanks for the clarification. The slammed wide body style used to be quite popular in the US, then everyone got on the JDM craze and its funny since Japan is going towards the slammed wide body look. Seems they want what eachother have or had.
it all depends on the craftmanship. as long as it's done right and skillfully, the headlight would be just like original
Old 10-14-05, 10:00 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by rominl
it all depends on the craftmanship. as long as it's done right and skillfully, the headlight would be just like original

True! The headlights in my SC400 USED to leak. After I opened them, painted the housing, and resealed.......no fog....no leaks!!!

Quick Reply: Hot Style Japan's SC430