SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

study the 06 more today.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-05, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default study the 06 more today.....

so today we had some time and my wife and i headed to the lexus dealership to look at the 06 sc430. as usual as soon as i pulled in in my modded gs400 sales started to walk up to me... i hope they just leave me alone....

anyway, looked at the 06.... seriously i am not really impressed... the front end is a little stepback imho. the grille with the new added slat is a bit too busy imho, and it actually has sharper angles and corners if you notice, which i don't like. to me the sc430 should be smooth.

and even worse, now you can't take off the lexus emblem in the front and make it all horizontal slats.... the circle stays. thank god i got the 05. i don't like the foglight area as well, it looks pretty weird. and with that chrome stripe, honestly i wonder how long it would take for them to be all banged up from rock debris....

now the headlights... remember i said i love the clear look and really want them? i still love the clear look, however we have decided that we do NOT want them..... coz' of the new design, the headlights actually come out more than before, it's like frog eyes now.... pop out A LOT compare to my 05, which looks a lot smoother. HUGE disappointments.... from different angles we just thought it's weird.... so that's gone....

the taillights though, they look nice, i think we are getting thsoe for sure. and yes you NEED to get the upper reflectors too. the 02-05 one it has vertial lines in them, but the 06 is all horizontal lines, so without them it looks pretty weird i can imagine

so i guess i have a new list up
Old 11-07-05, 05:33 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Henry,
Having had an 05 for a while and now an 06 for a few weeks I can make these comparisons. Henry I agree with you on all of them except for one. Can you guess which one it is?

The front head lights in my opinion are a must. They make the car look meaner and more serious. Just stand to the side of the vehicle near the front wheel and look at the side profile of the light. That frog eye actually gives the headlight some height and shape or definiton if you want to call it that. As for the rest of the front end I am slowly getting use to it but I still like the older one better, and I really really miss my golden birds eye maple
Old 11-07-05, 10:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ummm, damnit mario, so now i have to go to dealership again?

dunno, it was just first impressions that the headlights pop out too much like a frog, kinda lost the "flow" and smoothness", that's why i was disappointed. maybe i need to study it more.

and hey i was about to save myself more money!
Old 11-07-05, 11:55 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

I just wish that they always made the interior roof, sun shades, and rear view mirror black like they are now doing for most 06's. I have a black interior with beige roof and it could look so much better if it was all black. Oh well, that would cost thousands to cshange I would bet.
Old 11-07-05, 01:47 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know whatcha mean about the frog eyes. that's what i didn't like either. i can see how they might appear to give it a "meaner" look, but i prefer the sleek look myself.

are the headlights smoked as well? i think that would look snazzy on some colors, like the new graphite grey...
Old 11-07-05, 01:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i know whatcha mean about the frog eyes. that's what i didn't like either. i can see how they might appear to give it a "meaner" look, but i prefer the sleek look myself.

are the headlights smoked as well? i think that would look snazzy on some colors, like the new graphite grey...
nop, the new headlights are not smoked, just complete clear and chrome reflective coating inside. unlike the 02-05 where it's kinda "blurry" (which i don't like)

so most 06 interior roof are black in color? that's interesting, i didn't noticed that at all. i might be different, but with my saddle interior, i kinda like the beige interior roof
Old 11-07-05, 04:05 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Hi Ho Kermitt the Frog here! Haha

Wow Henry your right it looks like a frog. The lights look like frog eyes and the front center of the bumper where the licsence plate is looks like the frogs mouth.
Attached Thumbnails study the 06 more today.....-infinitilexus-049.jpgresize.jpg  
Old 11-07-05, 04:11 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

I took a picture of the side profile of the headlight I was referring to above, but the lighting wasn't that great so I don't know if you can make out what I was talking about. Maybe someone can post a similar photo of an 02 to 05 so we can compare them side by side
Attached Thumbnails study the 06 more today.....-infinitilexus-045.jpgresize1.jpg  
Old 11-07-05, 04:12 PM
Lvangundy

EEK that looks so much like the Q45 front end..wow!

Originally Posted by camillian
Hi Ho Kermitt the Frog here! Haha

Wow Henry your right it looks like a frog. The lights look like frog eyes and the front center of the bumper where the licsence plate is looks like the frogs mouth.
Old 11-07-05, 04:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha mario, i hope you didn't take my "frog" comment offensively, i was just trying to get a good idea for people all love all love

i see what angle you talking about now. let me see if i can take some pics these two weeks on my 05, it's from the same position but high up, above the hood. the headlights look popping forward
Old 11-07-05, 05:02 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

No offense taken Henry. I am just having fun! This is what Lexus created so we just have to get use to it and move forward. Now if this was an aftermarket mod that I had done and you called my creation a frog, that would be another story.
Old 11-07-05, 05:10 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

not sure if you can see the diff

Old 11-07-05, 09:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

wow, jeff, those are great pics, you are right on man. i think it's pretty obvious on how the headlight is
Old 11-07-05, 09:49 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, jeff, those are great pics, you are right on man. i think it's pretty obvious on how the headlight is
took them myself...probably have seen these before but i'll put them up anyway

Old 11-07-05, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm, what did you mean you took them yourself??

btw, now i see more pics of the 06 dash, doesn't seem like it's interchangeable with previous yrs huh?

Quick Reply: study the 06 more today.....