SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Navigation while driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 01:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc C
I think the nav display should swivel to the right slightly. When in that position it could be used on the fly, since the driver wouldn't be able to see the screen in that position. Only a passenger could adjust or enter in destinations. That should make it a better system, and still satisfy Lexus' picky attorneys as well. Just a thought.
but in that case the driver can't look at the nav on upcoming roads?
Old 11-18-05, 02:04 PM
dsimo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

My 02 doesn't have a System Option button, but I pressed the DVD button, followed the same sequence for the 5 "secret" buttons, and up popped the Override screen!
Old 12-04-05, 01:02 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Lexus Lx470 Gs430 Rx300 Sc430 Navigation Gps Override

This might be your best solution.

Click Here
Old 12-05-05, 07:24 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting stuff, kind of expensive though not sure if its worth it.
Old 12-05-05, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by talwang
This might be your best solution.

Click Here
huh?! what the hell is that? that's just the most updated version of nav? but the override feature is still within the software, the guy did nothing?

plus all 01+ nav could do that anyway, not only 05+..
Old 12-05-05, 09:35 AM
tfischer

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

I was confused also by this eBay ad.

The override feature is in my first edition '02 NAV system, and I can access it as noted in my earlier posts in this thread.

The only thing anybody could do to circumvent (or "crack") this feature and make it more accessible would be to devise a way to enter override mode while the car is in motion or to devise a way to prevent a reset when the engine is shut off. Right now, the car has to be stopped in order to get to the screen that allows the override, and this has to be done every time the car is started. This makes it far too inconvenient to use all the time, and is even pretty inconvenient for long trips if you have to remember to do this every time you stop the car for gas or to take a whizz. He says nothing at all about this which makes me think, as noted above, that he has really added nothing to the software at all.

As for the upgrade to Gen 5, that might be nice, but not for that amount of money, and I have reservations about sending some eBay guy the whole NAV computer from my car, not to mention that I don't even know where it is or how to remove it.

Then there's the whole issue of the eBay ad hardly being written in English, which does not inspire confidence.

I'm taking a pass on this, as my old, old system works just fine.

I have ordered the new data DVD, however, which is due in Dec or Jan. This will be my second upgrade since purchasing the car in April of '01. Getting the new maps and data every 2 or 3 years seems like a reasonable move to me, although these discs are a little on the expensive side. Still, life is too short . . . .
Old 12-05-05, 02:57 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Henry? This guy is making money off of your post buddy. We need the Lexus CL posse together and find him!
Old 12-05-05, 03:20 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
huh?! what the hell is that? that's just the most updated version of nav? but the override feature is still within the software, the guy did nothing?

plus all 01+ nav could do that anyway, not only 05+..
Yes, you are right , Henry.
I need to improve my reading skill
When I first read it, I thought he could crack the override function and have it remain that way.
I guess what he does is only upgrade the nav to newest generation.
Old 12-06-05, 12:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Henry? This guy is making money off of your post buddy. We need the Lexus CL posse together and find him!
i swear man, i shouldn't share with you guys what i found out, i am losing big money! and you guys never pay!
Old 12-06-05, 11:37 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

I wonder how hard it would be to crack the software so it doesnt do that check
Old 12-06-05, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

crack the software? good luck man, yougot the whole dvd to play with
Old 12-07-05, 05:54 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
crack the software? good luck man, yougot the whole dvd to play with
LOL I think it would be highly illegal, imma computer engineer but I dont feel like getting in trouble
Old 12-11-05, 01:32 PM
salmon kid
Driver School Candidate

Smile any updates on the SC 05 navagation over ride?

My Dealer's Srvice Manager told me he was in a factory reps 05 with the overide on the navagation system working - The Bluetooth as well as the full navagation system operated while the vehicle was in motion..

I've been trying for eight months to find out how to disable the overide on our 05 SC 430 Pebble Beach. No such luck.

I understand Bluetooth voice command is available on the 06 SC. I was told that this enhancement can be installed on the 05 as well. The Service Manager reports yes but he doesn't know how to install the enhacement.and the Factory people won't help him with how.

If anyone can help me, I would certainly ppreciate it.
Old 12-11-05, 06:16 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by salmon kid
My Dealer's Srvice Manager told me he was in a factory reps 05 with the overide on the navagation system working - The Bluetooth as well as the full navagation system operated while the vehicle was in motion..

I've been trying for eight months to find out how to disable the overide on our 05 SC 430 Pebble Beach. No such luck.

I understand Bluetooth voice command is available on the 06 SC. I was told that this enhancement can be installed on the 05 as well. The Service Manager reports yes but he doesn't know how to install the enhacement.and the Factory people won't help him with how.

Do yo mean to say the bluetooth on the 06 differs from the 05?
Old 12-12-05, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by salmon kid

override the nav? didn't we cover that before already? when the car is stopped, go to menu, volume, top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, then you will see the secret menu. press and hold override until it beeps. click on back, you are done

Quick Reply: Navigation while driving