SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 08:04 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The stock wheel sensor will fit many aftermarket wheels provided they use the standard valve stem size hole and also the lip for the mount is angled in the proper manner. The only way to know for sure is to take a sensor with you while shopping for wheels and slide it into the wheel and check fitment. Wish there was a simpler way but I am not aware of one.
Lee
Old 02-16-06, 10:37 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys..i finally got my wald d23's on my car and i had the tire people put the sensors in b/c the light on my dash was on and it was driving me nuts. i guess having the sensors in the tires made me feel a little better too b/c i know myself, and i know that i dont keep up w/ all the pressures as much as i should.. but it did fit on my wheels..yay!!
Old 02-16-06, 10:39 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lisalisa
hi guys..i finally got my wald d23's on my car and i had the tire people put the sensors in b/c the light on my dash was on and it was driving me nuts. i guess having the sensors in the tires made me feel a little better too b/c i know myself, and i know that i dont keep up w/ all the pressures as much as i should.. but it did fit on my wheels..yay!!

thats great to know wald wheels support the TPS sensors. Having that peice of mind is great, after having blew tires and not knowing until it was too late.
Old 02-16-06, 01:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice lisa, can't wait to see your car later
Old 02-16-06, 02:24 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice lisa, can't wait to see your car later

soon, soon...im getting the front lip on sunday..i tried takin pics..but they didnt turn out nice..
Old 02-16-06, 02:53 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by clubaddict
any news on the DXC TPS adapter/mount to work with aftermarket wheels?
this whole wheel sensor issue is why im a lil hesitant in changing out the stock wheels...
As far as I know..... NOPE.....

lisa: I am really surprised that the Wald wheels will accomodate the TPS without any bandage or some sort of funky stuff wheels and tires shop do. I thought the Wald wheels have the same L shape valve stem. Anyways, just to let you know I once take this question to the "Wheel Warehouse" (another well known shop) in Anaheim. They claim they can install any TPS to ANY aftermarket wheel. The statement is true but was it properly placed and secured in the barrel of the wheel??? the answer is NEGATIVE. I have heard couple WW client returns to the shop and tell them when they went over the speed bump or a pot hole, the TPS sensor was damaged because it was sitting straight up and the impact crash the TPS because it was not properly attached to the wheels.
Old 02-16-06, 03:01 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
As far as I know..... NOPE.....

lisa: I am really surprised that the Wald wheels will accomodate the TPS without any bandage or some sort of funky stuff wheels and tires shop do. I thought the Wald wheels have the same L shape valve stem. Anyways, just to let you know I once take this question to the "Wheel Warehouse" (another well known shop) in Anaheim. They claim they can install any TPS to ANY aftermarket wheel. The statement is true but was it properly placed and secured in the barrel of the wheel??? the answer is NEGATIVE. I have heard couple WW client returns to the shop and tell them when they went over the speed bump or a pot hole, the TPS sensor was damaged because it was sitting straight up and the impact crash the TPS because it was not properly attached to the wheels.

uh oh! i did notice the valve stem was placed inside the wheel and not sticking out on the side like the others. i will def. take a pic tonight and hope maybe u guys can tell. but i dont want to go back to the tire shope where i got it installed b/c the when i picked up my car..it left w/ a ding and i was pissed. when i told them..the owner was being an as*hole. his last remark was "we do even nicer cars than this" i was furious last nite. when i called this morning regarding the wheel lock key..the owner apoligized to me for last nite and refunded all my money. but needless to say, i wont be going back..or asking them how they installed it. maybe, i will take it to another tire shop and have them unmount one and see if its done incorrectly. thanks guys.
Old 02-16-06, 04:04 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

uh oh! i did notice the valve stem was placed inside the wheel and not sticking out on the side like the others.
when i picked up my car..it left w/ a ding
Not a very good sign~~~
Old 02-16-06, 04:10 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Not a very good sign~~~
..ahhh...this is making me sick to my tummy...makes me nervous. man, i cant wait to get home and take pic. and hopefully u guys can tell me.
Old 02-16-06, 08:56 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Default pics w/ tps on wald

here is a couple of pics i took of how they installed the sensors on my wheels.. please give me ur input..as i would not know what its suppose to look like.

thanks!
lisalisa
Attached Thumbnails Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430-dsc00303.jpg  
Old 02-16-06, 09:03 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

heres another pic..sorry the first wasnt very good..
Attached Thumbnails Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430-tps.jpg  
Old 02-16-06, 10:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

omg, those are some freaking idiots...... that install is so wrong! that means the sensors are installed completely straight up. meaning that if you hit something, even very lightly, the tire compression and totally damage the sensors...... argh..... this is way too wrong, take it out right the way lisa..... and make sure you still have your old original valve stems with the wald wheels

gosh, some people they are just completely irresponsible.....
Old 02-16-06, 10:54 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

exactly as i suspected!!

Lisa, I got your PM I will reply you shortly.

Here is another warning for people trying to have wheels/tires shop do your TPS. A honest and competent shop will tell you straight up that with the current TPS design unless the wheels valve hole design and the barrel can retained the TP unit, it is impossible to have TPS mounted and secured the way that it supposed to work. This (the picture shown by lisa) is the typical route (lazy route and for sure will damage your TP unit) that most of the shop will do. If someone ever mentioned to you about using a band or anything funky or I should said fxxky way to have it mounted, you should just walk away.....
Old 02-17-06, 12:12 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i wonder how TPMS works. heres my story:

i purchased wheels for my IS250 and tire guys could not install TPMS into the new wheels. brought the stocks home, stacked them in my garage. re-initialized the onboard computer so the malfunction/warning lights went away. tonight (first time driving with new wheels) i drove my car down the block, no lights. dropped off my dry cleaning, restarted the vehicle, no light. drove to a friends shop about 6 miles away by freeway 65 - 70 mph, no lights. went here and there parking my vehicle and to this point, no lights. total time in the car, maybe 35 -40 minutes.

was this a fluke? only time will tell

makes me wonder if toyota/lexus' system is all that great. i had four sensors off my car and no warning.

i planned on doing the spare tire trick. now, i will wait.
Old 02-17-06, 12:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by onihc
i wonder how TPMS works. heres my story:

i purchased wheels for my IS250 and tire guys could not install TPMS into the new wheels. brought the stocks home, stacked them in my garage. re-initialized the onboard computer so the malfunction/warning lights went away. tonight (first time driving with new wheels) i drove my car down the block, no lights. dropped off my dry cleaning, restarted the vehicle, no light. drove to a friends shop about 6 miles away by freeway 65 - 70 mph, no lights. went here and there parking my vehicle and to this point, no lights. total time in the car, maybe 35 -40 minutes.

was this a fluke? only time will tell

makes me wonder if toyota/lexus' system is all that great. i had four sensors off my car and no warning.

i planned on doing the spare tire trick. now, i will wait.
i thought you said you did the sequence to turn off the system or something? from what i read, on the new IS, you can turn off the tps sensors?

not the case for sc430, we need to physically unplug them, if anything

Quick Reply: Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430