SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 07:43 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you for providing the link an the picture... picture most of the time speaks itself. In Lisa's case, the TP unit is standing up.
Old 02-17-06, 08:37 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

hi guys..

as henry and mark advised me to do..i called the tire shop and asked for my original valve stem. and this is what they gave me..can you guys tell if its the correct one??

thanks u guys for all ur help.
Attached Thumbnails Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430-dsc00317.jpg  
Old 02-17-06, 08:41 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

another question i have is...since they put that valve in the wrong place..did they drill a hole in the rim to do so? anyone have a good tire place in sj that i can take it to on sunday??

thanks
Old 02-17-06, 08:59 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruizing
If the original sensor valve stem is sticking out of the centre part of the wheel as most aftermarket wheels then the sensor is standing on end and is a risk for damage. If the sensor is banded the valve stem that came with the wheel only is visible and the sensor is strapped to the low spot inside the wheel.

Look here to see how it is done.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1269381&forum_id=1
why cant i click on the site??
Old 02-17-06, 09:20 PM
Cruizing
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lisa
I don't know why the link won't work. Just highlight the address, Ctrl C it to copy it, go to the address bar on the Internet Explorer and Crtl V to paste it and hit go. It should work.
Ross
Old 02-18-06, 07:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

When I got the HRE wheels, they provide the band free of charge together with instructions & a diagram for the TPS installation.They also provide a phone # to call for questions. Any decent wheel shop should have no problem installing them correctly.
I think I still have that diagram somewhere(it's not in the boxes, I checked) although I haven't seen it in 2 years . . .
Old 02-18-06, 07:52 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Lisa, those appear to be the right stems. I hope they also gave you back the valve caps... I don't believe they drill the hole because based on your picture, the current position of your valve stem appears to be inline with the hole on the face of your lip. HOWEVER, I can not 100% sure if they made the hole bigger from the original hole. Regardless, these valve stem baseshould cover it to avoid air leaking issue.
Old 02-18-06, 07:10 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Default tps went off..

hi guys..

i guess, im thankful that i had my sensors on my wheels today (even though it was done incorrectly). i was on my way to san jose and all of a sudden the light went off. i stopped by a gas station to check the pressure and one of the tires was around 20psi. im glad the sensors was on b/c thats the way i knew the pressure was low... but i dont know to think if the guys that just put on my tires on a few days earlier did not put enough air in the tires, or that i got a nail in already? well, i get me to sj, i just added air and the light turned off and i just kept a eye out on the light going on again..

what should i do?

thanks
lisalisa
Old 02-18-06, 07:12 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Lisa, those appear to be the right stems. I hope they also gave you back the valve caps... I don't believe they drill the hole because based on your picture, the current position of your valve stem appears to be inline with the hole on the face of your lip. HOWEVER, I can not 100% sure if they made the hole bigger from the original hole. Regardless, these valve stem baseshould cover it to avoid air leaking issue.
they put it on the tires i have on my car now..if thats the one u screw and uncrew when u want to add air right?
Old 02-21-06, 02:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh no, you got a flat already, lisa?! check it out asap..... very careful, if low profile tires are damaged, theya re done and you need new tires

tony, i see what you mean now (after seeing those pics). so basically the tps are just mounted inside, but you are NOT putting in pressure thorugh that valve stems? you are still using the original valve stem on the aftermarket wheel to put air in, but the tps is mounted / glued inside to measure the pressure. is that what you mean? if so, then i can understand
Old 02-21-06, 05:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
tony, i see what you mean now (after seeing those pics). so basically the tps are just mounted inside, but you are NOT putting in pressure thorugh that valve stems? you are still using the original valve stem on the aftermarket wheel to put air in, but the tps is mounted / glued inside to measure the pressure. is that what you mean? if so, then i can understand
The pictures lisa posted seem to have misdirected a lot of people of how the tps are mounted using bands. They are banded around the circumference of the wheel flat, it has nothing to do with the valve stems. Of course air is still put in through the original valve stems, remember I pm you to complain how difficult it is to unscrew the stem covers on the HRE wheels for air ?
Old 02-21-06, 07:49 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
When I got the HRE wheels, they provide the band free of charge together with instructions & a diagram for the TPS installation.They also provide a phone # to call for questions. Any decent wheel shop should have no problem installing them correctly.
I think I still have that diagram somewhere(it's not in the boxes, I checked) although I haven't seen it in 2 years . . .
Do you happen to remember if the sensor should be on the same side as the valve stem or on the opposite? Not sure which side they should be mounted to.
Old 02-21-06, 07:59 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

yeah, i got a flat..and i thought it was a nail..it wasnt. it was the rim. had the wheel dunked in water and saw the bubbles coming from the rivots on the rims..bad luck..i guess.

i got my clear bra redone. got my wald kit all finished..but now, i have a messed up wheel.
Old 02-21-06, 08:10 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lisalisa
yeah, i got a flat..and i thought it was a nail..it wasnt. it was the rim. had the wheel dunked in water and saw the bubbles coming from the rivots on the rims..bad luck..i guess.

i got my clear bra redone. got my wald kit all finished..but now, i have a messed up wheel.

wow you got a bad rim. any way you can take off the rivet put some thread lock on it and screw it back in?

Sorry that your getting all this bad luck
Old 02-21-06, 08:29 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default As shown in the corvette forum . . .

Quick Reply: Wheels Sensor Information/PICS -SC430