SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

OK its mod time

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-01 | 06:52 PM
grock430
Driver School Candidate

hi fellow sc430 enthusiasts , kinda new here but we all have something in common. I have my sc about 2 months now, and have only sleept in it about 50 times. I love the car, it blows my old 500SL away, but now I feel the need to customize, HELP!!! were do I start, of course new wheels, what do you all think look best, (not crazy about the stock wheels). Does anybody make a cap for the back seat, like the old 4 seat TBirds circa 1960's style, I've seen one on the mb SLK model. It's my first Lexus, and I love it, by the way I got the red.
Old 07-27-01 | 08:09 PM
TOPLEXS
Driver

Cool

Yes...Looks like a great idea. I toss my briefcase in the back all the time. Marks up the ecru. Let me know.
Old 07-27-01 | 09:21 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally posted by genearch
Like this?

I came across this on the Japaneese Soarer site. Wanna import a few?

I understand one of the main reasons that Lexus gave it the appearance of a Four-Seater, was to avod the substantial increase in Car Insurance for Two-Seater Roadsters, especially in Europe. I would be interested in throwing in to set up an Import Project, or assist the Car Club in providing one, so we could make a small profit for the Club, and at the same time, provide a Superior Leather Product, and at a fair price.

Once a person purchased the "Conversion Kit", would you just take to a Auto Seat Cover / Convertible Top Installer to the Install, or could we talk the local Lexus Dealers into taking care of that for us, so the whole thing would be under the Dealer Warranty? If the materials were purchased through our Car Club, then the Dealer would only be involved with the labor to install, and some of the "Mark-Up" for aftermarket Accessories purchased through the Dealer's Parts Department could be saved.

Any thoughts along these lines out there?

SOLO-1

Old 07-27-01 | 09:41 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Unhappy

Originally posted by grock430
hi fellow sc430 enthusiasts , kinda new here but we all have something in common. I have my sc about 2 months now, and have only sleept in it about 50 times. I love the car, it blows my old 500SL away, but now I feel the need to customize, HELP!!! were do I start, of course new wheels, what do you all think look best, (not crazy about the stock wheels). Does anybody make a cap for the back seat, like the old 4 seat TBirds circa 1960's style, I've seen one on the mb SLK model. It's my first Lexus, and I love it, by the way I got the red.
I'd pull off the OEM "Trash Can Lid" Wheel Covers, and see what the Wheel Hub / Disc Brake / Caliper looks like, before I'd stick on Wheels that look cool for this particular body style, but show too much of the "innards". BMW dressed up all the "innards" and even covered the Calipers with a Ultra-Hard "Brake Dust Silver" colored paint that seemed impervious to Brake Cleaners, Car Washes that use Hydrochloric Acid in their Wash Water, or anything. My previous '01 & 95 300 Series with the Sport Package Brake System looked like new after repeated cleanings, and the entire inner wheel was designed to be very attractive when seen through the open BBS-Style Wheels.

It'll be interesting to see what Lexus plans to come out with this next season in the way of an Optional Alloy Wheel, that will expose more of the inside of the Wheel Hub / Disc / Calipers.

"Details At Eleven" ????

:eek:
Old 07-27-01 | 09:46 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Like this?

I came across this on the Japaneese Soarer site. Wanna import a few?

Can you direct me to the Japanese Soarer Web Site?

Sounds like it's a great place to preview of what the future Aftermarket Vendor may make available to us, if we eat our veggies, take our vitamins, and say our prayers. Unless of course, those guys still haven't forgiven us for them losing the War..............

SOLO - 1
Old 07-28-01 | 08:21 AM
grock430
Driver School Candidate

ok thats not what I had in mind Genearch ,but that is a good idea also. What I was talking about is called a speedster scoop the one for the Mercedes is made by Lorinser, it is made of fiber glass and sits behind the driver and passengers head, like the on convertible cover on the new corvette.I found I picture of it Claus Ettensberger catalog page 36 (can't find it on the net yet ) Also what about the navigation sys what can we add on that sys maybe a dvd player or internet or back up camera like on the new q45, how great would it be to watch a movie whille stuck in traffic on the Garden State pky
Old 07-28-01 | 11:00 AM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Have a blast

Soarer site in Japanese

I have a Japanese friend, he *may* be headed there next month. I'll see if he can help.
GEN - Thanks for the Heads Up on your friend going to Japan, and trying to scope out the Web Site for the Soarer over there. I'll be all "Eyes / Ears" upon his return State Side.

SOLO - 1
Old 05-21-12 | 08:51 AM
scratchwin
Driver School Candidate

Default lihgting

First thing, is to change thread lights for the modern version. At the front, add Daylight driving lights in the spoiler vents...

Originally Posted by grock430