SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Areo kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-01, 08:16 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, I have no problems with Fiberglass...as for Lsporline, I'm not a big of fan of their body kit "style"...but who knows, they may make a killer one for the SC430...

Thanks for the compliments on the brakes...they work real nice too! 2Savvy, no matter which finish you choose (high polish or diamond), it's going to look killer either way. Personally, I like the diamond finish because it doesn't stand out too much...on a black car, chrome/high polished wheels stand out WAY too much to point where that's all you really see...just some rims driving by...besides that, with the centers in Diamond finish and the lips high polished (which is how it comes), it really accentuates the lips!
Old 08-02-01, 08:28 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Manaray,

I hear where you are coming from but on the Spectra Blue getting chrome or high polish really sets off the car in my humble opinion and gives the impression of a larger wheel.. Any thoughts on doing 18" up front and 19" in the rear.. Someone else with a GS did this.. His name escapes me at the moment.. If I do this then I think my budget will go a little higher but if it works and also if it doesn't cause any drivability problems then I might do this.. Hmmm.. At this rate the wife won't get to drive the car.. LOL

You guys get all the blame for this MOD bug I have.. HEHE..
Old 08-03-01, 02:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hehehehe...pretty soon, you'll be modding your "beater" car too! I plan on modding possibly TWO beaters...yeah, I know, I have a sick, sick problem...very sick...

Spectra Blue is a GREAT color...but it's a very tough color to colormatch. Make sure you take your body kit to a top notch shop. Even on a Spectra Blue, I think the Diamond finish looks perfect. It doesn't visually "overpower" the car...but then again, that's me. I prefer having care with a nice clean look to it rather having a "jewelery" look...I'm not a big fan of "shine" in general...even most of my watches are matte/brushed aluminum or titanium...I have very few high polished watches and I wear no jewelery.

As for the 18/19 combo, Bobcat did that combo on his GS. Personally, I would just do 19" all around (or 18" all around). I don't think that type of setup offers any huge advantages in comfort or "damage control". I've popped and bubbled tires on all sorts of wheel sizes...if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. You just have to drive carefully and buy good wheel! (of course, even the "best" wheels are susceptible to damage)

Either way, Diamond finish or High Polish, the 540's will look sweet on the SC430...the 543's and the 546's would also look great.
Old 08-03-01, 08:07 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by manaray
Either way, Diamond finish or High Polish, the 540's will look sweet on the SC430...the 543's and the 546's would also look great.
Thanks Manaray for you thoughts on the rim size.. These HRE wheels I am looking for are for the GS since I already have the LD1's for the SC.. But I do agree the 543 or 546 rims would look really nice on the SC too.. Especially if a brake upgrade could be done like yours for the SC.. Can't see why not since they should basically be the same as the GS brakes but then again I could be totally off base..

See my post in the GS forum on the HRE's and what I want to get for the wife (Well its basically for me but that's our little secret)
Old 08-06-01, 09:36 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Genearch - Hey, let me know when yer at F1, I'll meet ya there...we can have a 2 person Club Lexus Meet! WOO HO!

If do that, your SC will be SO DAMN TIGHT...how are you going to lower it? Just springs? Spring/Shock? Or full height adjustable coilovers (dunno who makes one yet though!)

Also, if you could handle SLIGHTLY smaller lips, you can do a regular disk with a normal offset and reduce the amount of fenderwork and then you can pick some other tires (more standard sized ones)...I've seen SC's with 20's so I can't image you could work out something with 19's on standard tires...
Old 08-07-01, 04:14 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Genearch,

The dealer can disable the warning light.. I know this because one of my clients has the SC and he also got a winter driving setup with 17" wheels and rubber.. I asked him about the sensor and he told me it is just a switch that they can turn on and off.. Not sure if it is part of the C-Best options or not.. If he wasn't on vacation I would call him and get the exact info for you.. But i'm sure a quick call to the dealer can confirm this for you..

19's would look so sweet on the SC.. Not sold on the 20's thou since I think it would overwhelm the small wheelbase SC visually.. Just my 2 cents!

I racked my brain for weeks before I ordered my 18's for the SC.. For me it was the right choice because I do need the room in the trunk however small it is and I surely didn't want spring for 19" run flats (If they exist that is)
Old 08-07-01, 05:02 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Genearch - The sizes that Frank recommended should fit but like I said, you won't get the same deep lip action as the one in the magazine...the one in the magazine article was so difficult because they wanted the deepest lip possible.

I can almost guarantee that the front wheel will only have a 1" to a 1.5" lip...the rear should be about a 2.5" or 3" lip.

I still think it'll look great even with shallow(er) lips...

You're going to do a full 1.75" drop (all the way down) on the Lsportlines, right?!

Oh, and like 2Savvy pointed out, check with the dealer on the sensor light...

Oh, and here's AutoCouture's new body kit for the SC...it's a full front bumper replacement...
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-sc430.f2.jpg  
Old 08-07-01, 05:02 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

I think he is back in 9 days but I will call my dealership to inquire since we bought our SC's at the same place.. I don't think it is a Canadian spec on the car or not.. But I swear I recall reading something about a switch in the glove box that overides the sensor alert on the dash.. Can someone with the SC check that for me.. I'm sure if it was that easy someone would of said something about it already thou.. Nevertheless I will call tomorrow and ask my buddy at Lexus if he knows..
Old 08-08-01, 02:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The Rezax are great wheels but don't know if I like the look of "mesh" on the SC430...and I'm not a fan of chrome...I think Diamond/Machine is the best look (with a high polished lip)...

Personally, if I had a SC430, I would do the AutoCouture kit with some 20" HRE 543's (like mine) or 20" AutoCouture Supreme's or Indicators (Indicators are what's on that black SC in my last post)...but that's just me!

Genearch, if you like Mesh and Chrome, by all means, go for it! I'm just happy to know you're down to get some REAL wheels!