SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Areo kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-01, 10:26 PM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry this pic is hard to see and i cant tell how it looks that much either :P but i can get it(the kit).. Its by Evolution... I like it and i think its one of the first kit out there... N e ways i will get the price soon on that...

e-mail if n e one is interested

Jmotorsport@hotmail.com

Jun
J.Motorsports
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-evolution.jpg  

Last edited by Aristov3o0; 07-29-01 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-30-01, 09:50 AM
grock430
Driver School Candidate

Default Aero Kit

that looks great to me, (from what I can see also) do you think a group buy is in order? Do the have a web site and if so can you post it up? What wheels are on that car, I' m having a hard time picking something out for my red sc
Old 07-30-01, 11:00 AM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

heres more pics ill find out what rims these are...
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-evokit2.jpg  

Last edited by Aristov3o0; 07-30-01 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-30-01, 03:50 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think AutoCouture had the first SC430 body kit a few months ago but now everyone is coming out with one...I have large pictures of the Evo kit in one my recent VIP mags...

I haven't been able to scan them and get them up lately (haven't been home) but I'll see if I can get them up tonight.
Old 07-30-01, 05:23 PM
grock430
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Aristov, I think you helped me make up mind on the wheels, they look great, I think they might come from Mille (not sure ) whatta think 19's all around, and an inch or so wider. as for the aero ,I just want the best without ruining the great lines of the car. by the way Manaray does autocoutue or who ever they are have a web site,
Old 07-30-01, 09:22 PM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

the rim on that sc430 in the pic is made by Hunk.... Just to let you know... i can get it if you really want it...

Jun
Old 07-30-01, 11:36 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Grock430 - Your SC deserves rims better than Mille's! By FAR!

The rims on that Exclusive SC above is by a company called Intensive and the model name is Hunk. You can buy those locally. Dazz Motorsports imports them and they're called the Dazz Matiz (try calling Sprewell Racing or F1 Motorsports for a price...) Jun might be able to get you a better price from Japan though (and you'd get the OG centercaps!)

Intensive also have a new wheel called the TRANCE that's avail in 20" and 18" (no 19"). I'm going to post pictures in the GS section...check 'em out...they might look good on the SC430 (in 20" of course!)

Oh, and a small correction, the AutoCouture SC430 kit was the first to be "shown" (in the magazines and such) but the Evolution/Exclusive kit is the first to actually be available for sale...

Ok, here are the pictures I promised...2Savvy, this is for you!
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-exsc430_front.jpg  
Old 07-30-01, 11:38 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Here's another shot of the front...

I'm getting prices for kit soon...
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-exsc430_front2.jpg  
Old 07-30-01, 11:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

And the *** end...love the kit! Thank God no one has made a "combat/ricer/civic" kit for the SC430 (at least so far)! Won't have to look at any eyesores!

I also have the LARGE scans of the entire 2 page article (in Japanese)...if you have a SC430 (I know who you are) and you want it, PM with a email address...the files are approx. 1200x1600 (at 72dpi) and are like 400K each (JPEG with mild compression...8 in Photoshop)...so make sure your email address you give can accept about 800K worth of data.
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-exsc430_back.jpg  
Old 07-31-01, 03:55 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Manaray,

Thanks for the pics of the EVO kit.. Hard to tell what the back looks like so maybe the full ad will show it better.. Check your PM for my email address.. Any idea what price point that kit would sell for.. Those 20's look soooo sweet but there is no way I could get away with driving on 20's around here unfortunately.. Did you ever get really good pics of the AC kit for the SC??

BTW you know someone is probably working on a full combat ricer kit for the SC.. I'll cringe when I see it.. Wouldn't be suprised if Wings West makes it too..

Don't compress the email too much.. I can take whatever size file you want to send me.. Thanks again!
Old 08-01-01, 04:32 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

2Savvy - Actually, those rims are 19" (they don't make a 20")...looks sweet with those 19's, eh?

I still haven't found any good clear pics of the AutoCouture kit, but I'll post it as soon as I do...

Wings West...heheheh
Old 08-01-01, 07:07 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Default Thanks!

Manaray,

Thanks for the email with the info on the EVO kit.. I had someone on staff who spoke Japanese but he just recently took another job in the States with HBO.. I'll poke around and see if I can get someone to translate it thou..

As for those rims on the EVO ad.. Those 19's are SWEET.. Nice big LIP too.. On the EVO kit is it just the front lip.. The sides and back look the same as factory or are my eyes playing tricks on me..

Later today I will email MO about the HRE's and see what he can score for me price wise for the GS.. Does anyone that you know have the HRE's in a total polished design (Aka Diamond cut I guess).. I have seen the standard face with the polish lip but not a total diamond cut type look (Yes I like the BLING BLING look.. LOL).. I forget do you have the 540's on your car??

Thanks again dude!
Old 08-01-01, 01:30 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Genearch - you know, the sides and back do look stock...hmmm...then again, I've seen kits where it looks stock but it's actually a tad bit lower than stock...

As for the wheels, looks like it'll take some work to get those fat lips...You can still do 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 and get decent lips (not as deep obviously)...and you should be able to avoid fenderwork and you should be able to use any brand of tires...

As for my car, I have 543's on my car in Diamond finish. It's not what I would call "bling bling". You can do a high polish (like the lips) to the center for the "bling bling" look..

Here's a photo...it shines but not like chrome (thank God!)
Attached Thumbnails SC430 Areo kit!!-hre543.jpg  
Old 08-02-01, 11:12 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

I have the 18" Dazz Matiz on my GS for almost a year now. I know someone who has the 19" on a Supra. Great wheels. We have it in Silver, and not the chrome as pictured. My offset is like +45, and I require a spacer to clear my AP brakes.

As for the kit, it looks great. I bet L-Sportline will make a polyeurathane kit for the SC430. I'm not a big fan of fiberglass.
Old 08-02-01, 02:47 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

I agree with Q I do think L-Sportline will eventually make a body kit for the SC.. So is the EVO kit made of fiberglass??

Still haven't found anyone to translate that article..

Thanks Manaray for posting that pic of your wheel.. Those AP brakes are NICE.. I'll post a thread and see if anyone has a pic of the high polish HRE's before I bug MO with my request.. The diamond cut like yours looks nice too.. Decisions Decisions..

My dealer tells me that my car should be produced next week.. Silver cars are produced in that plant on the second week of the month from what he tells me.. Have no clue how he knows this but i'll take his word since he actually visited the plant.. Does anyone know if the GS and SC are assembled in the same plant or are they in different plants in Japan??

Quick Reply: SC430 Areo kit!!